Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Wrunt's EE Solos

This is a thread to showcase some of my first EE completion runs of quests, as well as my best ones (if I get around to doing many). Decided to keep it within one thread rather than post multiples.

My intentions for my solo posts in this thread: this thread will slowly change over time from "First Time Solos" for me to "Flawless Solos", with the last one being no deaths/no re-entries/minimal pot usage. My "First Time Solos" are generally a learning run, so I will often recall to shrine rather than waste my non-existent major stock (I have less than 20 total now). When my technique is refined per quest, I can do the "Flawless Run" and post that result (in place of the current one), so check back regularly.

5/22/2013 - For all intents and purposes, this thread is currently done - I don't play enough now to solo EEs, and I don't see that changing in the near future.

* = Finished

Shiradi Sorc soloing:
    The Darkening Chain*
    The Underdark Chain*
    The Demonweb Chain*
    MotU Side-Quests*
    Song of Druid's Deep Chain
    High Road of Shadows Chain
    Other
    EE Soloing Video
    EE Gianthold Side-Quests*
    EE Gianthold Main Quests
    EE Devil Assault*

Arcane Monkcher Soloing:
    General Solos
    Demonweb Chain
    EE GH Side-Quests

Superadin (don't know what else to call it)/Melee FvS Soloing:
    Melee FvS*
    EE GH Side Quests
    Last edited by WruntJunior; 05-22-2013 at 02:07 PM.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

Default Monkcher Soloing

EE Detour solo by my AA was already posted before I decided to make this thread. Was a difficult and sloppy run, mainly due to it being the first time I'd done it on my AA on EE. Will eventually do a better run, but also intending to do one with my shiradi sorc (and maybe my melee FvS once he's TRed into a juggernaut).

EE BoB - Still rather easy, but took a bit longer (completion screen is right on this one - wrote down dummy buff on entry and finish, 23 minutes apart). FotW Monkcher just rocks this quest, especially with Pin twisted. Definitely had no problems with the kobold not standing still. >_>

EE Tide Turns - This quest sucked, plain and simple. The hobgoblin pirates regularly hit me 3-4 times, doing ~600 damage in seconds (making me use a lot of my ki for abundant step), and the end boss took forever to kill (I used FotW epic moment once on Captain Tew and twice on Ahraatz-Ri, as well as both my deathward clickies and my GH clickie - the end fight must have lasted at least 15 minutes of the nearly 1.25 hours I spent in there). Probably the second-hardest EE solo I've done (first being Detour...though I think half that was my fault...this one was just so long). Grabbing Fast Healing from FotW did make the self-healing easier, though.

EE House of Rusted Blades - Many people have done this, and it wasn't very hard. The orange-named blademasters gave me a little difficulty (my AA doesn't have significant defenses except for somewhat-decent saves, so blademasters tear me apart), but still wasn't that bad to do, though it did take me about 20 minutes (entered with last ship buff at 35 minutes, finished with it right about at 15 (though my screenshots show a bit after because I took them after typing this >_>). Got a drow khopesh on my first EE solo, though, so woohoo (probably a bigger accomplishment than soloing the quest >_>)...will probably solo this one a good bit more to try and get a +10 stunning greataxe for my FvS.

Last edited by WruntJunior; 02-12-2013 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Typing errors and more solos
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

Default Yay

Congratulations.
    Character Compendium

Good job Wrunt. We should hook up and solo this stuff together.
    [RENEGADE (Monk) - LEGION - FOUNDER AUG 2005]
    Blutus, Bodak, Diablo, Guilloteen, Jellybean, Mantikor
    Marauder, Renaissance, Rigormortiss, Ungajinga, Valkyrie
    1st ww Tower/Vision/Abbot/Shroud, Epic VoN/Chrono, Reaver Xoriat * 1st capped Permatoon

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade66 View Post
    Good job Wrunt. We should hook up and solo this stuff together.
    Haha. For now, I need to cap my sorc so I can solo stuff easily. >_>

Default Shiradi Sorc soloing

So, got my sorc back to heroic cap and decided to just go ahead and grab yugo pots and some basic level 20 gear and solo an easy EE. :P

EE BoB - Definitely the easiest run yet, though it took about 20 minutes (I wish it was as fast as the xp report said)...Shiradi Sorc is definitely my strongest solo class from what I saw (and soloing this on EE with EDs at level 20 is easier than soloing it on old Epic was with a 20 >_>). Gonna have some real fun soloing once I get back up to 25, get some good caster weapons (using cove dagger and skiver at the moment, icky set but best I could find quickly), and get more used to this playstyle. BTW, 0 pots used of course - this EE is too easy for pots, though I did use the shrine.

Last edited by WruntJunior; 02-12-2013 at 06:06 AM.

Default Shiradi Sorc in EE Demonweb

EE Trial by Fury - Surprisingly easy. My saves were high enough that the biggest threat were the small spiders (they hit hard, and it's easy to lose track of them). Everything else was easy, though the quest was long enough that I could've needed pots - however, instead of using them, I recalled and used the shrine outside. Only when I looked at the xp report did I regret that....my XP suffered from it.

EE Deal and the Demon - I knew this one would be easy, but I didn't even have to use both of the shrines in the quest. Worst part was I accidentally recalled out right after taking these screenshots - I had to run back through the quest to use the orb and get the xp/favor. >_<

EE Reclaiming the Rift - Swapped to Air Savant to be immune to knockdown, but of course it didn't work against the driders. >_< Whole quest took around an hour and a half, with Khaszlokhar alone taking a good 20 minutes (eventually got the cold DoT from double rainbow on him, so decided no more pots then...still used about 12 to get to that point...still, 30 SP EoP + shiradi missiles eventually brought him down). I don't think I'll ever solo this on EE again...it's just not worth it for the time and effort it takes, imo...definitely the hardest EE I've soloed to date (took 4 tries due to driders). I know a few ways I could've done things as they aren't intended to do this super-smooth and easy...but I'm rather proud of beating it legitimately (though it took forever). I think the health debuff only ever got to 3 on me, and luckily that only means I go from dying in ~4 hits to dying in 3...so it didn't make much of a difference until the third stack or so (which is how it killed me twice...the other death was just thinking that I couldn't be tripped by driders with air savant 3 and being wrong >_>).

EE Demonweb - Shiradi Sorc - Completed (not doing CitW until I'm ready to lose all sanity)
    Last edited by WruntJunior; 02-12-2013 at 06:05 AM.

Default High Road Shiradi Sorc Solos

EE Detour - Much easier than as an AA, took just an hour to kill everything (except Pelloth and his group), and I recalled twice to refill at the rest shrine rather than use more pots. Still a bit of a challenge, but the end fight was extremely easy due to getting the +10 stat (with it's 50% double rainbow proc) from Tea. Did lag out at one spot and die, but that's what happens when you watch Netflix while soloing EEs (I don't accept lag-deaths as fails, though, so I ran back to the quest - especially because I was almost to the end when it happened). :P BTW, against Song's fire spellwards, fireshield cold + shiradi elemental absorption makes them barely tickle.

EE Lost in the Swamp - Not too bad I think for my first time in here on EE. :P Should've brought Energy Burst instead of Sense Weakness and had to use a few pots due to not really being able to plan out a few parts (and at the end, I had to recall and shrine when I realized 3 pots wouldn't be enough to handle both orange-named earth eles and the boss). I could easily see doing it with no pots and no recall/shrine, but that'd require refining a strategy - something I don't plan to do for a straight-shot at a khopesh I will likely never use. Video will be available later of my time in here trying to figure out what on earth I'm doing. :P

EE Stay at the Inn - This one was interesting. The first part is incredibly rough - once I got through that, though, it was smooth sailing. Recalled a few times to shrine as my pot store is drained, but I definitely didn't have much trouble with the quest once I got through the first part. Quest isn't actually completed because I invited people to loot at the end. When I narrow down a solid technique for the first part, I'll probably be running this solo on EE a lot more for bracers/shields (and inviting 5 people to loot afterwards).

Last edited by WruntJunior; 02-12-2013 at 06:07 AM.

Hey brother...your rockn this stuff...any chance of getting videos?
    "Your gonna need a bigger boat"

FVS Informational Link http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=370115

Quote Originally Posted by ZennyoTheWise View Post
    I tried recording it, but my computer isn't powerful enough (my guess is, having only 4GB of RAM contributes heavily to this). After a few minutes of recording, the FPS of the game drops to like 5, almost guaranteeing I'll get killed.

I'm probably done posting achievements for a few days, though...gotta level my melee, and then redo the FvS solos as a Juggernaut.
    Last edited by WruntJunior; 02-09-2013 at 11:22 PM.

Default The Darkening (MotU Chain 1) Shiradi Sorc EE Solos

Going for a by-chain grouping now for u14 epics and beyond (old eberron EEs will be posted in the original post by character, new chains will get a new post per character...done partially for more bumps, but also to keep the thread a bit neater...will later link each chain in each character's first post.

EE Impossible Demands - About the same as EH for a shiradi sorc - just got a bit closer to death a couple times. :P Lucky tea result of +10 saves (second-best I could have gotten...+10 to all stats for my build would still be +10 all saves, but even better as well) made the cometfalls not a problem - literally only took about twice as long as EH (about 5-6 minutes total, didn't get exact time), with no real increased difficulty...but still a decent warm-up, as the melee + caster drow could've been trouble in there. >_>

EE Unquiet Graves - Much easier than I expected. Technically used 1 pot, as it got destroyed in the quest. Went through and killed all of the adds before killing the boss for each of the four fights - made it much easier IMO. Overall not much more difficult than EH, but took twice as long simply due to inflated health (~20 minutes, xp screen may be right).

EE Lost Thread - A bit surprised by this quest. I knew the spell wards would be no problem with air savant (which I'm starting to love even if it doesn't work on driders), but the hardest fight was the summoner guy for me. The tea result of +10 all stats/50% double rainbow procs made the end boss extremely easy (especially since I planned it out where I would shrine right before the boss but after killing the trash, and a full SP bar makes him easy)...but a single drider isn't much of a problem anyways, even red-named.

EE Battle for Eveningstar - This quest was almost as bad as EE Reclaiming the Rift. Was fairly smooth (had used a couple pots because of priestess being retarded, though) for most of the quest (including the giant spider demon whose name I can't spell), though a bit slow, until the driders spawned in the end-fight. Predictably, I rolled extremely badly and was quickly web-line tripped, ganged up on, and killed, but I was within running distance to the shrine...that would've been fine, except the boss followed me to the shrine and white-dotted (and a drider hit me as soon as I was raised, to make it worse, causing 2 deaths instead of 1). Took several pots to recover from this incident, and I don't think I'll be soloing this again soon.

Last edited by WruntJunior; 02-12-2013 at 06:04 AM.

I've seen that monkcher first-hand.

I had NO interest whatsoever in TR'ing into one of those until last night.

The impending waggro is your fault!

go solo Outbreak on EE and get me an EE Corruption
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Default EE Underdark Chain on Shiradi Sorc

EE House of Rusted Blades - Fairly easy, though my HP is low enough (self-buffed to 668) that the orange-named Drow Battlemasters can't be allowed to hit me much, or I die - basically, was a lot of kiting for them, but still pretty easy. :P As close as I can tell, XP report is right for the time - around 14-15 minutes, but I don't exactly trust it. Sadly, no Drow Khopesh this time. >_>

EE House of Broken Chains - A lot of kiting in this one, and nearly died when I got danced in front of the spiders in the south slavemaster room. Other than that, pretty smooth and easy, and took no pots (though I finally get to take level 24), and pretty fast as well. Shrined after killing the boss because I though there was still trash in the last room to kill...so got to finish with nearly-full blue bar.

EE House of Death Undone - I let myself cheat in this one a little by using a bell, but I doubt going the long way would've made this quest much harder, aside from the panthers (I wouldn't do the optional either way). Either way, by simply not fighting on Relig's platform, I was able to pull enemies (specifically, keeping my nemesis - the driders - from activating until I was ready for them), the end fight became easy - I can honestly say that without my silver flame talisman (tier 3), this quest and Unquiet Graves would've been much more difficult. Used a few pots to make the boss go down faster, but the completion was in the bag either way.

EE Portal Opens - Pretty easy except for all the driders. :P Spent a good 10 minutes kiting the drider wave on the boss to kill it (including DDooring a couple times when I would've otherwise died), but this was over-all pretty easy, though time-consuming. I don't think it'd be worth doing again solo as a sorc, but it sure was fun. Now I only have to figure out how to solo EE Belly of the Beast.

Last edited by WruntJunior; 02-12-2013 at 06:05 AM.

Default MotU Side Quest Solos on Shiradi Sorc

EE Don't Drink the Water - Very smooth, and pretty easy. I already knew how to do this, but I didn't realize the execution would go so smoothly (only my third time ever in this quest on EE, but it was easy enough to get on my first try). No pots, and easy - when I start farming green scales, I think I can solo it on EE easily enough to ransack (sadly no green scale this run, though). :P

EE Belly of the Beast - This was brutal, I'd say even worse than Reclaiming the Rift. I decided early on I'd rather take re-entries and use the shrine outside than use all of my pots, and had to use that shrine 5 times. I also died once due to the drider wave, but ran back out because I'd already used a couple pots (yellow or orange alert on each wave was too brutal for me to do it all over again). I think this is the only solo attempt I'll make at this quest, even though I'm unhappy with the results...this quest just horribly brutal to me.

Last edited by WruntJunior; 02-12-2013 at 06:06 AM.

Default Melee FvS Soloing

EE BoB - Incredibly easy, ~15 minute completion (entered quest with roughly 55 minutes left on ship buffs, finished with 40 left). Displacement scrolls + masters blitz made this easy, finally making my displacement clickies would make this easier. >_> Hardest part of the quest was running after the kobold who wouldn't stand still.

EE Snitch - Pretty easy, roughly 20 minute completion (went in once, got comet-falled and lost my blitz, so I went out to reset my clickie buffs). Crateos was a pain, though.

Last edited by WruntJunior; 02-12-2013 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZennyoTheWise View Post
    I tried recording it, but my computer isn't powerful enough (my guess is, having only 4GB of RAM contributes heavily to this). After a few minutes of recording, the FPS of the game drops to like 5, almost guaranteeing I'll get killed.

I'm probably done posting achievements for a few days, though...gotta level my melee, and then redo the FvS solos as a Juggernaut.
    Correction on this point, was able to record a video of me soloing EE Lost in the Swamp. Wasn't an über solo, but I'm not an über solo player...but nice to mark another EE off my list.

Edit: Video available here.
    Last edited by WruntJunior; 02-10-2013 at 02:42 PM.

Community Member

Just for your info, Web line trip can be stopped by simply blocking at the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    Just for your info, Web line trip can be stopped by simply blocking at the right time.
    ....this is the most useful information I've learned this week, counting college classes.

I don't know why I haven't tried that, but if I had known this before, half of the quests I've done would've gone much better.

Belly would've sucked still, though.

Default EE Song of Druid's Deep on Shiradi Sorc

EE Outbreak - This was really easy. The enemies are squishy and generally easy to kill, and pretty easy to kite (though they hit hard). Had one death due to a lag spike in front of the second red-named zombie guy, but got back in time to finish the quite easy run. Quite happy I thought to load Energy Burst for this, though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast