Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Gratz on your solos.
    Still, a lot of these makes me wish EE had the same "no reentry" rule as old epics. Because right now, there's very few instances of mobs that hit hard enough to prevent brute forcing with reentries when things go south. You've used it a lot, I have as well (even if I try to limit it as much as possible) ; and it really doesn't feel as much an accomplishment as soloing old epics.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Quote Originally Posted by -Zephyr- View Post
    Gratz on your solos.
    Still, a lot of these makes me wish EE had the same "no reentry" rule as old epics. Because right now, there's very few instances of mobs that hit hard enough to prevent brute forcing with reentries when things go south. You've used it a lot, I have as well (even if I try to limit it as much as possible) ; and it really doesn't feel as much an accomplishment as soloing old epics.
    P
    The biggest thing on re-entries for me is that they save pots against otherwise easy enemies with stupid-high HP (like the innkeeper with 90k HP...I mean, really?). I try to keep my re-entries low, but they don't bother me because of that (and because I am not made of pots).
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post
    (and because I am not made of pots).
    Conc-op.
    ~Nlx~|~Vareesa~|~Vevay~|~Vrac~

P
    The biggest thing on re-entries for me is that they save pots against otherwise easy enemies with stupid-high HP (like the innkeeper with 90k HP...I mean, really?). I try to keep my re-entries low, but they don't bother me because of that (and because I am not made of pots).
    I agree some mobs are simply sacks of HP with little threat, but I view it as another (maybe even the main) factor that limits soloing for casters. Reentries bypass that completly.
    I don't solo Detour on my casters but I do it on my AA, because he's more suited for it, and I don't drink SP pots.
    Stay at the inn I solo on my FvS because my AA can't survive the beginning, but with tight SP saving I don't need to re-enter nor to drink any SP pot. Sure, it's longer than blasting and re-entering, but it also shows the character's actual abilities.

When I'm just farming for EE items, I do reenter Stay at the Inn (exemple given because you mentionned the Innkeeper) once because bosses are faster to go down with DoTs, but when going for achievements I spend a little more time torcing the few archers here and there and complete with no reentry/no pot.

I don't know, if just feels more like an achievement if I can pull out an EE solo with no reentry. I'm not dismissing your achievements tho, just giving my opinion.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Default EE GH Side-Quests on Shiradi Sorc

A Cry for Help - Decided to greet Update 17 with an attempt to get the quiver, and of course got skunked. Used re-entires rather than pots as usual, and will eventually be able to do it easily enough without pots or re-entires. Really fun, though.

Feast or Famine - Pretty easy, just a lot of enemies to chew through. Was initially a little worried that I'd lag or something while pulling a lever and die in the traps...but got through them all easily. Took my time at the end fight, carefully pulling enemies a couple at a time due to the optional being up then...but in all honesty, it was a rather easy quest. Sadly, this EE completion continues my trend of getting no good loot, though.

Foundation of Discord - This was surprisingly painful. Died once due to the dogs that spam soundburst (rolled a 1 on the save, got stunned near melee enemies, dead nearly instantly), but was within running distance of the shrine...the rest of the quest went as planned until the end fight (including sacrificing my Panther to hit the Sonic Trap of Doom...I could conceivably retry the quest over and over to have it not be there, but didn't want to wait that long). The end fight was both easy and annoying, though...the boss spammed feeblemind, which alongside my forgetting minor menmonic enhancement potions caused me to use 7 majors)...but running around for a minute to get all eles + boss in the hole means that it's otherwise smooth (eventually had to hide just outside of line of sight, poking my head over the hole to cast and going back).

Crucible - A bit hard for a side quest. :P Died of a stupid mistake (blade trap + explosive barrel in horn of agility area), but was easily able to hit the raise shrine. Boss fight sucked, as I had to fight all 4 bosses (lots of kiting with having to defeat ~350k worth of HP), but was really just ~15 minutes of running. Invited people to loot afterwards just to get to see 6 rounds of nothing. :P Definitely easier than my last solo, though (EE DA).

Maze of Madness - Easy enough. Had onyx panther out anyways just so quest could be completed, so sacrificed him on a couple trapped levers...mainly on spikes that he was too stupid to move out of the way to survive.

Trial by Fire - Somewhat non-surprisingly, the most annoying enemy in this quest were the spiders. Other than that, real smooth and easy, especially with Joy of the Queen and its 50% double rainbow procs against the end boss.

Last edited by WruntJunior; 03-27-2013 at 12:16 PM.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

Predictably, I rolled extremely badly and was quickly web-line tripped
    Not sure you know, but if you block right after you see the line being thrown, you resist the trip.

Awesome work with the Elite solo's, good job.

Carry on.
    ~ Gaeryus (Sor14/FvS4/Pal2) Firebrand ~ ~ Phlegma (12Fgt/6Rog/2Pal)(L13)(eTR2) van Moyst ~
    ~ Hakashe (Pal14/Monk6)(L3)Nurigatu ~ ~ Koergan (Cle17/Brb2/Fgt1)Flamebeard ~
    Ex-Captain of the Flying Funk ~ ~ Ascent ~ ~ Epic Farming Videos ~ ~ New and Exciting Bugs

Quote Originally Posted by ddo.rsmo.pt View Post
    Not sure you know, but if you block right after you see the line being thrown, you resist the trip.

Awesome work with the Elite solo's, good job.

Carry on.
    Yeah, someone mentioned that here right after I finished the MotU solos. >_> Been practicing this while flagging my juggernaut with his hard streak, and I can do it pretty reliably now.

Gonna be doing more GH soon (once I get a bit of gear from EE GH, along with refining my past solos to remove re-entries (including eventually Belly, but that'll be last probably), and doing solos on other characters (juggernaut EE Belly solo should be interesting >_>).

Just to be clear for anyone new to this thread, btw...this thread will slowly change over time from "First Time Solos" for me to "Flawless Solos", with the last one being no deaths/no re-entries/minimal pot usage. My "First Time Solos" are generally a learning run, so I will often recall to shrine rather than waste my non-existent major stock (I have less than 20 total now). When my technique is refined per quest, I can do the "Flawless Run" and post that result (in place of the current one), so check back regularly. Will also place this paragraph in the OP.

Default EE GH Main Quests

Cabal for One - I hate calling this a main quest, but it technically is now. Really easy, and I was able to plan out exactly how it went (including knowing I'd need 2 re-entries - 1 after the first 2 conspirators, and the second after the second 2 conspirators). Pretty easy, but the end fight takes a bit with ~200k HP to chew through.

Prison of the Planes - A lot of kiting, but pretty easy. Had to beat Shadow to it. :P My hireling committed suicide on the first door, but used it only for pulling levers. 3 pots total (2 used, 1 destroyed), and a bit of torcing done right before the skeleton - did this by playing really carefully, so took a bit over an hour.

Last edited by WruntJunior; 03-25-2013 at 04:35 PM.

Default Devil Assault on Shiradi Sorc

Devil Assault - I lost the race to Haek (took 2.5 times longer soloing EE DA than him), but I'm still really proud of this. For all I know, this may be the only posted shiradi solo...if not, it was still fun as hell (and tough as hell, wave 5 is rough).

Edit: Digging through the Achievements section of the forums, I was only able to find 4 other EE DA solos, and none of them by a Shiradi Sorc. This means I am technically EE DA Soloer #5, along with EE DA Shiradi Sorc Soloer #1. :P A pointless laurel wreath, but an achievement nonetheless.
    Last edited by WruntJunior; 02-27-2013 at 12:27 AM.

Community Member

That is impressive. I've tried EE DA before, the mobs hit hard and the archers make it hard to kite. Great job.

Nice work on Foundation of Discord! I made it to the end solo but got overwhelmed by elementals after constant Earthgrabs.
    Frets warchanter ¤ Incise ex-ranger ¤ Tiagan druid ¤ Carpal monk ¤ Thwart swashbuckler ¤ Humbucking trapper ¤ Hemolytic paladin ¤ Coercive warlock ¤ Unhealer cleric
    Leader, ~Elite Raiders~ of Khyber ...

Updated with more Crucible. :P

Aquatic Bracers + good tea result made all the difference, though.

Default Arcane Archer Demonweb

Reclaiming the Rift - Decided to test out my new feat layout for my monkcher by throwing it at one of the harder quests. Went very well - no deaths - but I decided to wait for 5 more to complete and loot - screenshots with boss dead, though. Completion time is a bit over an hour. This made me very happy I just ground out the Fate Points for Otto's Whistler, as that was incredibly useful here, though.

Last edited by WruntJunior; 03-20-2013 at 02:19 PM.

Prison of the Planes - A lot of kiting, but pretty easy. Had to beat Shadow to it. :P
    nice job m8

Edited : Done it after 3 tries ^^ was mad at 3rd and nuked em badly
    Last edited by Shadowaras; 03-27-2013 at 04:40 AM.
    Officer of Eternal Infinity-Thelanis
    ~~~Visit it if interested for recruiting~~~EE Solos And More (Photo Album)~~~EE Soloing Pale Master (Forums)~~~
    Characters active atm .. Shadowaras (Completionist. Project/fs),Shadowaris(Wiz),Shadowares(Pal),Sworrn (Ftr),Nemmesis(Mnk) and Trickzster(Art)

Small update: finished GH walk ups on EE on my sorc, only have Madstone left for the main quest post (EE Tor with dragons will get its own post, and may be a bit).

Smile

Small update: finished GH walk ups on EE on my sorc, only have Madstone left for the main quest post (EE Tor with dragons will get its own post, and may be a bit).
    Gzz and Good luck and patience on madstone !!! ..gonna need it ^^
    Officer of Eternal Infinity-Thelanis
    ~~~Visit it if interested for recruiting~~~EE Solos And More (Photo Album)~~~EE Soloing Pale Master (Forums)~~~
    Characters active atm .. Shadowaras (Completionist. Project/fs),Shadowaris(Wiz),Shadowares(Pal),Sworrn (Ftr),Nemmesis(Mnk) and Trickzster(Art)

Default EE GH Side Quests - Monkcher

Trial by Fire - Even easier as a monkcher than as a sorc, due to ability to make the spiders helpless. Only rough patch was got held in symbol of stunning at the end - was down to 47 health by the time 2 seconds were left, and was sure I wouldn't survive (luckily, the troll casted a dispel at that point, and when the symbol expired I was able to run and heal up).

Default EE GH Side Quests - Superadin

Trial by Fire - Still rather easy, but a bit more fun as a melee. Still, between 58 PRR (still under-geared, so don't have the rest of my expected ~80 PRR yet), incredible self-healing (even though I only have CMW due to wanting the actual Death Ward spell), and somewhat decent saves (not good until I can get my gear sorted), it was rather fun - a good inaugural run for my new build. Also nice bit of XP, as I XP-stoned this life (and therefore first-time XP for GH is nice).

Community Member

I was holding off posting here more until I got my account here, but I don't know how long that'll take. In the mean time, I'll make an occasional video or such (within my limitations - I need more RAM and a new HDD to record most full EEs...so anything over 10 minutes or so is iffy as to whether or not it'll even record).

Doing a few characters through EE GH Walk-Ups to reintroduce myself to EE soloing (haven't done it much lately due to taking a break from the game + leveling TRs while here, so gotta practice again), will post the videos as far as it lets me record.
    The real Wruntjunior.
    My Channel: link
    My EE Solos: link

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dravael View Post
    I was holding off posting here more until I got my account here, but I don't know how long that'll take. In the mean time, I'll make an occasional video or such (within my limitations - I need more RAM and a new HDD to record most full EEs...so anything over 10 minutes or so is iffy as to whether or not it'll even record).

Doing a few characters through EE GH Walk-Ups to reintroduce myself to EE soloing (haven't done it much lately due to taking a break from the game + leveling TRs while here, so gotta practice again), will post the videos as far as it lets me record.
    I was doing the same thing (waiting on posting), but then I did a search for my old build post thread and when it didn't come up on search... I was concerned enough to go find it and repost it. Too much work to let it disappear. And since I'm posting, I'll dump all the thoughts I've had in the past few weeks I either wanted to post to your threads, or just ask you

Hi def videos are a lot more difficult to upload, but it is a huge help to others that want to study what you did/learn. Your effort is appreciated.

The 47 hp moments are always on my mind when people claim HP isn't a big deal. Perhaps the better the player the lower you can manage with HP... but no matter how good you are, there are those moments where you are going to be beat within an inch of your life... and the more life you have the more likely you still have that inch left. Your number seems to be about 200 hp lower than what it takes for me to survive...

One question I have is if you have have explored the alpha enhancement system and if so, do you have any builds in the wings you plan to try when it goes live? I know it is early, but can't hurt to ask... you seem to always play builds I wish I had time to level and play!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast