Default Another Video inside: Pure kensei EE solo End of the Road

Here's another video: EE End of the Road

I normally invis run this to the end, but decided to do a brute force beatdown for fun.

Note: I decided to record this in 480p instead of the usual 720p because fraps lags me out a bit. Didn't want to risk lagging in the end fight.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3LC-PcRi3Q
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

I really like watching EEs from different people, seeing different strategies and such. I was always curious on how you stayed alive in the EE DA, I assumed a lot of hopping and heal scrolls, but it's more playing smart and less spamming scrolls than I thought.

Make more, Sith, Haek, and Wrunt don't upload enough
    Happy now, you crush kobold dreams?

Stranger than Fiction on Argonnessen
    Tangere - Diroctive - Kendrio - Leucocyte - Merkadist - Perpetuate - Razorbot

Quote Originally Posted by Diroctive View Post
    I really like watching EEs from different people, seeing different strategies and such. I was always curious on how you stayed alive in the EE DA, I assumed a lot of hopping and heal scrolls, but it's more playing smart and less spamming scrolls than I thought.

Oh its plenty of scroll spamming =D

If folks enjoy watching these, I'll continue to make them regularly.
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE

Community Member

Hey durnak, the last two yt videos can't be watched on mobile devices for some reason

Quote Originally Posted by relakks View Post
    Hey durnak, the last two yt videos can't be watched on mobile devices for some reason
    I just checked my settings, and it doesn't seem like I can enable it. Sorry, youtube seems to randomly decide to disable mobile viewing.
    YouTube Channel HERE

Community Member

Nice vid !

Did you think about to use "rejuvenation cocoon " ? With your heal amp and the Halcion boots from Fot ( mana +200 on a yellow slot ) it works really well. You can also use different boots and slot devotion +114 on your red citw weap slot for more healing power. Cocoon has no concentration check and is faster to activate than scroll : you can dps more.

Do you use an improve deception item ? If not it helps a lot to solo stuff : mob you are hitting turn back or start to "moonwalk dance " quite often.

I use that on 2 dps ( range and melee and it works very well, i have to sroll myself rarely ).

Tc.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by grohgredin View Post
    Did you think about to use "rejuvenation cocoon " ? With your heal amp and the Halcion boots from Fot ( mana +200 on a yellow slot ) it works really well. You can also use different boots and slot devotion +114 on your red citw weap slot for more healing power. Cocoon has no concentration check and is faster to activate than scroll : you can dps more.
    Cocoon indeed is nice, but it has its own downsides too.

1. You need Spell Points.
    2. You need Spell Power.
    3. 12 seconds cooldown.
    4. If you loose the temporary 150 HP granted by cocoon, it will stop regening your HP.
    5. Cocoon doesnt clear stat dmg/blind/disease etc.
    6. You have to use a twist slot for it.

I would use it as primary self heal only if a toon has enough spare augument slots to slot SP and Devotion (or just swap something for Devotion/Potency item), atleast 500 - 600 SP, some kind of a secondary heal and stat dmg removing source and of course if that twist slot isnt critical for your build.

Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar

Default Awesome Video/Mobile Phones, Video Embed

Awesome video. I enjoyed the music very much as well.

Quote Originally Posted by relakks View Post
    You can make TinyUrls to work with some mobiles at:

http://tinyurl.com/

Tiny url for this video:

tinyurl.com/bv43tju

Preview

preview.tinyurl.com/bv43tju

--

I like the new forum embed video feature:

Thanks for the rockin' video!

Community Member

Nice vid Durnak and thanks for posting it.

Just out of curiosity, how well do you think you would be able to do that without Displacement?

Not trying to take anything away from your achievement, because as far as I'm concerned that was an excellent display, but I have to admit that it annoys me that our characters defenses are worthless and so we have to use Displacement to compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by grohgredin View Post
    Nice vid !

Do you use an improve deception item ? If not it helps a lot to solo stuff : mob you are hitting turn back or start to "moonwalk dance " quite often.

I use that on 2 dps ( range and melee and it works very well, i have to sroll myself rarely ).

Tc.
    Yea, I tried cocoon extensively - used devotion gear and it wasn't bad. But I prefer to keep my twists - sense weakness, pin, and primal scream are more important to me offensively than coccon.

yep, definitely using improved deception - all that SA damage proves it =D

Glad you enjoyed it!

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    Awesome video. I enjoyed the music very much as well.

You can make TinyUrls to work with some mobiles at:

http://tinyurl.com/

Tiny url for this video:

tinyurl.com/bv43tju

Preview

preview.tinyurl.com/bv43tju

--

I like the new forum embed video feature:

Thanks for the rockin' video!
    Oh, I didn't realize I can embed it in the thread now. Very cool, thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel_666 View Post
    Nice vid Durnak and thanks for posting it.

Just out of curiosity, how well do you think you would be able to do that without Displacement?

Not trying to take anything away from your achievement, because as far as I'm concerned that was an excellent display, but I have to admit that it annoys me that our characters defenses are worthless and so we have to use Displacement to compensate.
    I'd still probably be able to do it, but I wouldn't be able to play nearly as aggressively. I'd invest tons more into dodge, since it wouldn't be discounted by 50% like it does when you have displacement on.

Would be interesting to try, I use it because I like to be aggressive in my playstyle.
    YouTube Channel HERE

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Durnak View Post
    I'd still probably be able to do it, but I wouldn't be able to play nearly as aggressively. I'd invest tons more into dodge, since it wouldn't be discounted by 50% like it does when you have displacement on.

Would be interesting to try, I use it because I like to be aggressive in my playstyle.
    Thanks for responding Durnak, and I'm glad you took the question in the way it was meant.

I was a bit concerned that you might take it as an attack, which was not my intention.

If you ever get bored, I wouldn't mind seeing a video of you trying to match your EE completions using only the defences inherent in the build. Use whatever healing methods you like, but that to me would be a real challenge, especially doing it in a timely manner. Note: I'm not claiming that what you have achieved already wasn't a challenge, I doubt I could manage it, I didn't build any of my chars to solo EE's and they'd likely get splatted quickly.

My reasoning is simply that those who crave a challenge often run out of things to do, so why not offer a suggestion and maybe get some entertaining vids out of it?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diroctive View Post

I'm working on getting a new HDD now so I can actually record. >_> Only have 80 gb free on my current hard drive, getting a recording drive with at least a 1TB that's otherwise unused. :P

Also, if embedding video is an option...well, when I get Wruntjunior back, I'll see what I can do with that. :P

Really nice, though, Durnak...makes me want to finish leveling/gearing my Paladin to blitz solo better. :P
    The real Wruntjunior.
    My Channel: link
    My EE Solos: link

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel_666 View Post
    Thanks for responding Durnak, and I'm glad you took the question in the way it was meant.

I was a bit concerned that you might take it as an attack, which was not my intention.

If you ever get bored, I wouldn't mind seeing a video of you trying to match your EE completions using only the defences inherent in the build. Use whatever healing methods you like, but that to me would be a real challenge, especially doing it in a timely manner. Note: I'm not claiming that what you have achieved already wasn't a challenge, I doubt I could manage it, I didn't build any of my chars to solo EE's and they'd likely get splatted quickly.

My reasoning is simply that those who crave a challenge often run out of things to do, so why not offer a suggestion and maybe get some entertaining vids out of it?
    Heh, no need to be careful with your words - I totally get where you're coming from =D

I don't know if I'll make an actual video like that, because essentially the difference would be to just pick off less mobs and make a longer version of the same thing. That way I'd just have more control over my incoming damage.

In my head, I look at challenges from the vantage of point of "How far can I get with all the tools available to me, using my character to its maximum potential" instead of "how far can I get while avoiding the use of tool X". I never liked "synthesizing" such restrictions to make something more challenging, if you understand what I mean.

But hey, if I'm bored one day maybe I will load up the fraps and record a little something.
    YouTube Channel HERE

I enjoy these videos as well.
    I was also wondering if you took precise shot on that toon but i can see from your constant jumping that you took purely manyshot.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Alk-the-Glorious View Post
    I enjoy these videos as well.
    I was also wondering if you took precise shot on that toon but i can see from your constant jumping that you took purely manyshot.
    I had precise shot, but I kinda liked my 50 hitpoints from epic toughness when I started tanking EE stormreaver.
    YouTube Channel HERE