Default Have you played a build like ..... (feedback)

I looked on the forums for a bit now looking to find a build thats along the lines of what I am thinking of trying. I am thinking Dwarf 12 Cleric 6 Pally 2 monk or rogue axe and board build. I was thinking a hate tank that is self healing, my past lives are 2 sorc 2 FvS and 2 Wizzy. Basically I am not willing to give up evasion I understand I will have to change armor occasionally I will live with it. I would prefer rogue in hopes that I have the chance to get traps. I have +3 tomes in all stats except int I have a +4. Ive messed around on the planner a bit, I am not looking for you to give me an exact build just feedback if you have made a similar build. Planning on Legendary Dreadnaught ED with twists from Unyielding Sentinal I will max every ED by the time I finish this 2nd Wizzy life. So if you have exp. with a similar build sound off with what you liked what you didnt like so I can make some personal tweaks for my play style thanks in advance.
    Officer of Chimera - Sarlona

i hate to sound so negative, but...

i have a feeling you are going to really, really really really, really hate playing this character.

more specifically, i don't think it's going to have either particularly strong self-healing or hate generation.

besides, the only time you need a tank is in raids. in raids you should have a healer, which should cover pretty much everything except emergencies. for emergencies, you have lay on hands, cure wands, and possibly quickened cure spells (not sure what your feats are going to look like). i'd probably put in more paladin, and tbh monk... paladin S&B tanks are about as feat-starved as they come, and if you want both evasion and feats, you're not going to get a better deal than a 2 monk splash.

just try and build up some decent heal amp if you can... that will help with your self-healing goal a lot.

You are probably right I will hate it but this character slot is the one I mess with to test builds mess around and must be as close to 100% self-sufficient. ( At best I will have a hireling with me) I dont pug and will only be playing this character when no other guildys are on. I have only four characters no Im not F2P, I recently deleted toons because now I can just buy raid timer bypasses with plat to farm things. I just focus on many lives and gear. I did the 2 fvs lives traditional and the WF melee. Sure I could go and make a 18 cleric 2 monk but wanted to do it differently to get my cleric life done. I will not be useing this guy once I reach 25 in any way shape or form in a group, he will prolly be instantly tred, unless I really see something great in it. Honestly its what keeps me playing. (other than my guildys who I have played with since the day the game launched.) Messing with builds and seeing if I can do something very nontraditional and have success, and I feel the best way to see what the character is capable of is by soloing.
    Officer of Chimera - Sarlona

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elements View Post
    You are probably right I will hate it but this character slot is the one I mess with to test builds mess around and must be as close to 100% self-sufficient. ( At best I will have a hireling with me) I dont pug and will only be playing this character when no other guildys are on. I have only four characters no Im not F2P, I recently deleted toons because now I can just buy raid timer bypasses with plat to farm things. I just focus on many lives and gear. I did the 2 fvs lives traditional and the WF melee. Sure I could go and make a 18 cleric 2 monk but wanted to do it differently to get my cleric life done. I will not be useing this guy once I reach 25 in any way shape or form in a group, he will prolly be instantly tred, unless I really see something great in it. Honestly its what keeps me playing. (other than my guildys who I have played with since the day the game launched.) Messing with builds and seeing if I can do something very nontraditional and have success, and I feel the best way to see what the character is capable of is by soloing.
    In that case, play whatever. You'll probably have good enough gear to make any build work, even a gimpy one. This character will be feat starved, but RS aura + LoH + unyeilding sovereignty + 6th level spells should be more than enough healing for soloing. Dwarf + dwarven axe + THF line (may have to lose greater) + cleave line + imp shield mastery +DP + DF on a str build should do decent enough damage to put down bad guys. Evasion + paly saves + dwarf saves should be adequate to make evasion worth while, + good fort and will saves. For extra boss DPS throw in divine punishment. I don't see why this build would struggle to solo at all. In a group he should do fine so long as you aren't solo healing a raid or needed to be uber DPS. Is he a real tank? No, but so what.