Default Time for Candor Devs: Post U17 True Hearts

Given the snarky nature of Feather the Suns posts regarding the topic of Epic Tokens post U17 and his constant attempt to be "cute" I have a bad feeling that another "Good Ole Turbine Stick in the Eye" is coming with Update 17.

Tell us once and elfing for all what is replacing the 20 Epic Token turn-in for True Heart of Wood.

I get that you are changing the names to "Token of the 12" and "Greater Token of the 12".

Will they drop in the same locations we currently get Epic Tokens and Frags from?

Will they even be available to be used as a trade in for True Hearts of Wood?

Will True Hearts only be available through DDO Store/Astral Diamond/Shard mechanic?

Time to be frank and speak with candor because honestly at this point the misleading statements and general lack of information is unsettling and ONLY leads me believe another "Stick in the Eye Money Grab" aimed at those who enjoy TRing and doing mutliple lives is coming.

Just want to reinforce my tin-foil hat and sharpen my pitchfork (they've gotten a lot of use lately).
    I am often cynical and say mean things. It's a WAI "Feature".

They aren't going to communicate with us.
    PLEASE FIX LAG. PLEASE FIX BUGS.

Quote Originally Posted by Feralthyrtiaq View Post
    Given the snarky nature of Feather the Suns posts regarding the topic of Epic Tokens post U17 and his constant attempt to be "cute" I have a bad feeling that another "Good Ole Turbine Stick in the Eye" is coming with Update 17.

Tell us once and elfing for all what is replacing the 20 Epic Token turn-in for True Heart of Wood.

I get that you are changing the names to "Token of the 12" and "Greater Token of the 12".

Will they drop in the same locations we currently get Epic Tokens and Frags from?

Will they even be available to be used as a trade in for True Hearts of Wood?

Will True Hearts only be available through DDO Store/Astral Diamond/Shard mechanic?

Time to be frank and speak with candor because honestly at this point the misleading statements and general lack of information is unsettling and ONLY leads me believe another "Stick in the Eye Money Grab" aimed at those who enjoy TRing and doing mutliple lives is coming.

Just want to reinforce my tin-foil hat and sharpen my pitchfork (they've gotten a lot of use lately).
    Even though Feather has tried to be "cute"/Clever with his replys, I am comfortable with his response. The DDO forums community has become so jaded.

Thumbs down

Where is my tinfoil hat?
    No longer reading the Forums.

Community Member

How doesn't this answer your questions?

Epic Dungeon Tokens and Epic Raid Tokens have been renamed to "Tokens of the Twelve" and "Greater Tokens of the Twelve".
    This is to help address confusion about where they are used.
    Tokens and Fragments are found in the same quantities and locations, and the rewards you can purchase with them have not changed.
    They are still traded to Lahar outside the The Twelve for Augments or a True Druidic Heart of Wood.

The problem with FoS's responses is that since he's stuck his own foot in his mouth so many times lately, he knows that he can't give any Black and White answer, lest that answer turn out to be false (again) and he be made to look foolish (again). You add that to the speed at which the community jumps to conclusions, particularly Doooom conclusions, and you get this current state of paranoia.

Here's a suggestion: Wait and see what actually happens, THEN panic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Quote Originally Posted by Brummelman View Post

Epic Dungeon Tokens and Epic Raid Tokens have been renamed to "Tokens of the Twelve" and "Greater Tokens of the Twelve".
    Tokens and Fragments are found in the same quantities and locations, and the rewards you can purchase with them have not changed.
    They are still traded to Lahar outside the The Twelve for Augments or a True Druidic Heart of Wood.
    Here is the same quote translated from English to Esperanto to German then back to English....

"Epic Dungeon Tokens and Epic Raid Token have "character of the Twelve" and was renamed "Major signs of the Twelve."
    This is helping to address confusion as to where they are used.
    Tokens and fragments in the same amounts and locations and the rewards you can buy with them, have been found, not changed.
    They are still trading at Lahar outside the twelve Augments or True Druidic Heart of Wood."

It still reads quite clearly that the tokens are still going to drop and you can still trade them for True Hearts.....All you paranoid people - just take your meds....don't hide it under your tongue then spit it out later....really it's for your own benefit.
    gotta to kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight - B. Cockburn
    Guild Leader - Order of the Silver Dragons
    Mains Darlao Completionist Toogor Wiz28 TR5 Also Listarn Shadar Kai Rogue 20/7 - WhiskyTango CL28 TR4 - Toongor Bd28 TR2 - Sooey Dwarf ConBarb28 Pusshy -WizMo 18/ 2/8+9 More

First, an apology... To Goodkind fans I apologize that I'm about to misquote the authors works. To rational, moderately sane people, I apologize that I'm quoting Goodkind in the first place...

Wizards First Rule: People are stupid. They'll believe a lie because they want it to be true, or afraid it might be true.
    From everything posted about augments, Feather's responses subtly mocking the tin-foil-hat types, and the opinion that Turbine employees are people (generally lazy) who will do only what's necessary to achieve their goal and ship it. Here's what I've surmised, derived, and understand about the situation:

Epic Dungeon Tokens are being renamed. This is to create a Lore-based backing on the decision to only have them appear in Ebberon Content, and not Faerun. "Why don't they appear in Eveningstar? Because they're made by The Twelve, an Ebberon faction. Duh."

Everything you can do with them today, you'll still be able to do with them mechanically. There is some minutiae; like new augments will be added, a class of augments that was previously categorized as yellow is now blue, and Everyone's Favorite Blue Augment is currently not available because it's slated to appear in a named augment in the following update (Update 18, to clarify).

If hearing this from me isn't enough, click Devtracker, read the Augments! thread and Feather's final response on it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Feralthyrtiaq View Post
    The "20 Epic Dungeon Token turn-in for True Heart of Wood" is being replaced with "20 Tokens of the Twelve for True Druidic Heart of Wood."
    Tokens of the Twelve are acquired in the same ways that Epic Dungeon Tokens are; for they are Epic Dungeon Tokens with a different name.
    Last edited by Systern; 01-25-2013 at 09:53 AM.

Default It does and doesn't.....

Quote Originally Posted by Brummelman View Post

The main question is "How are we as players getting elfed with the change"

This is not some simple easy name change.

There IS SOMETHING they are not telling us on purpose because of the DOOMRAGERAWRRRRR they have conjured in the player base over the past year(s).
    I am often cynical and say mean things. It's a WAI "Feature".

I found my tinfoil hat.
    Don't feel any better.
    No longer reading the Forums.

Of course they're never going to fix handwraps. Handwraps are such different weapons that the way they are programmed makes them different compared to a regular weapon, like a longsword or a greataxe. I think the devs really got themselves into quite a hole when they made them in the first place.
    Here's a riddle for you: What do you call people who play the game for only a day and apparently know everything?

Not sure why or where this rumor began, but yeah: nothing's changing with True Hearts other than the name.

To recap:

Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!