Community Member

Default Make "Fire Runearm" a dragable Icon

I know this has been brought up a number of times but I'd like to take a moment to request it again. Make the thing that discharges the runearm work basically like everything else: where its an icon you can drag around and put on one of your hotbars just like everything else.

I really hate having to give up a key on all of my characters just for my artificer.

i like it the way it is
    if we change it so it's a feat icon that requires slotting into the bar, then i lose a bar slot
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Quote Originally Posted by Jay203 View Post
    i like it the way it is
    if we change it so it's a feat icon that requires slotting into the bar, then i lose a bar slot
    actually, you wouldn't lose a bar slot unless you use al 200 of them. You could drag the rune arm usage key to any slot on the 20 available bars you have, and then assign the slot to the key you are use to using.

OP: /signed

After bringing this up a couple of times, getting a dev to post on it, and then never seeing anything about it ever again, I just resigned myself to losing a button on my artificer.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    After bringing this up a couple of times, getting a dev to post on it, and then never seeing anything about it ever again, I just resigned myself to losing a button on my artificer.
    You actually got a dev response? What did they say?

So far alt has worked out best for me, even though I have a series of hotbars bound to alt+num and alt+numpad. I loose two bars on my artificer, but I keep the more valuable ~.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterjWizzard View Post
    You actually got a dev response? What did they say?

So far alt has worked out best for me, even though I have a series of hotbars bound to alt+num and alt+numpad. I loose two bars on my artificer, but I keep the more valuable ~.
    I think it was something to the effect of, "Oh, yeah, this functionality would be good, but it isn't happening now." Which is to say, it probably isn't happening.

For my part, I needed the icon because I use a gamepad where I've mapped buttons to hotbar locations, and if I were to assign a button, or button combo, to the rune arm, every one of my other characters would lose a button. What I ended up doing was assigning two functions to the same button I think--Ctrl+Square hits hotbar 1, spot 5, and also fires a rune arm. For my characters without one, they function the same, while for my arty, I just can't use that hotbar slot.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    For my part, I needed the icon because I use a gamepad where I've mapped buttons to hotbar locations, and if I were to assign a button, or button combo, to the rune arm, every one of my other characters would lose a button.
    Thats the same problem everyone has, even with the keyboard. A lot of artificers like to use ~, but thats Divine Sacrifice on my Paladin and in general a far too valuable hotbutton on any of my characters(being right next to the 1). It would be great for firing my runarm, but I am unwilling to give it up on the rest of my guys.

Meanwhile Alt+num or Alt+numpad gives you 2 extra hotbars, but I don't need those on my artificer. So on the rest of my characters those buttons cast spells/activate clickies/drink potions/whatever. Like yours its an imperfect solution but its the best we've got right now.

I use the mousewheel button.

Swing, swing, Click. Swing, swing. Click.

But I can see where a gamepad would be a problem.
    What do you mean a -6 armor class is no good any more?

Proud handler of Baldric, Melkazar, Clant, Mulray, Tirimon, Mallon.
    Remember, if one of them falls off a cliff, it's actually my fault.

The option to put RuneArm charging on the hotbar would be really nice.

/signed

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by RangerOne View Post
    I use the mousewheel button.
    Thats a novel approach.

I scroll a lot, though, so I can see myself clicking it by accident a lot. Thing is pretty much whatever you do, you could still just bind that function to a hotbar space if we put it as a think that sits on a hotbar like everything else.

I made my own thread on thie here

I thought it was a good idea then, and i still think it's a good idea now.

/signed.

/signed and also our Stats so we don't have to the C button.
    The Blood of the Red Dragon

Community Member

Not a solution, of course, but a workaround might be using an AHK script that turns the ~ (or whatever) key into something arbitrary like Ctrl-Shift-9, and then mapping "Discharge Runearm" as Ctrl-Shift-9 in-game.

That way you can turn it on for when you're playing your Arti, and turn it off when you're playing other chars, without having to remap things.

It'd even be possible to write a script so double-clicking the mousewheel performs a Discharge Runearm, so you'd have the ability to scroll, map single-click, and map double-click to different functions.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Not a solution, of course, but a workaround might be using an AHK script that turns the ~ (or whatever) key into something arbitrary like Ctrl-Shift-9, and then mapping "Discharge Runearm" as Ctrl-Shift-9 in-game.
    You could also just change the mapping each time you change characters. Ultimately any proposition that causes you to have to make some kind of change between characters is imperfect.

I actually just today realized I could map it to Z without causing myself any grief(thus restoring the alt+ functions).

Then, just for fun, I mapped one of the arcade buttons built into my desk. Now I have a giant red button that fires my runearm. Also not a perfect solution, but its next to the arcade joystick, so I can pretend to hadoken things more easily.

Mapped my runearm to my openwindows key.
    Move along , Nothing to see here

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by t0r012 View Post
    Mapped my runearm to my openwindows key.
    I don't have one of those... lol

I'll sign this again and I'll sign it every time until it happens. I also use a gamepad and losing a button on all my toons BUT my artificer is just not going to happen. Whem I'm playing an artificer, I just don't fire the runearm much at all and I know I'm losing build functionality by doing so. Needless to say, I have little interest in playing my artificer as a result.

EVERY action in the game should be mappable to a hotbar slot unless there is a VERY good reason why it can't. If you don't have the tech to make the "fire" into a button, just add a clickie to each runearm that actually fires the runearm. Make it like the Eveningstar key or Boots of Propulsion clickie with a 1 second cooldown.

To those suggesting that making the "fire" command a mappable option would cause a loss in functionality, why would adding more options cause you to lose your current options? Turbine could just keep the current functionality while adding hotbar functionality as well.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen