Default Please, allow raid/party leaders to...

1.- Sort members (actually everyone should be able to do this, healers would love giving the main tank the F2 for instance).

2.- Flag members, like in PVP arenas but with more options (several colors or icons), making easier for everyone to recognize roles and groups.

3.- Kick members even if they are not in a public instance, let's say instant teleport to quest entrance plus standard kick. It can be controversial but who hasn't seen someone who messes things up constantly or acts inappropriately? It could be used as a tool for evil purposes though (like kicking someone right before looting for plain revenge or whatever, I know there are childish people around :P).

I've always missed these three things ans I guess someone must have mentioned this before; they are not really necessary but they would make life easier.

What do you think? Would you add anything to the list?

Ability to hard-lock the LFM so that people out of the specified level range cannot apply to join it...could also apply if they miss the big "buy now" and don't actually own said content.

1. - Sure. Handy, if somewhat time-consuming before starting.

2. - Meh. Not really worth the effort if #1 is implemented. Just remember where they were parked.

3. - No way. Too much griefing potential. Sometimes you just have to put up with people. Not to mention the "kick, back-to-entrance, rejoin-group, enter-quest" workaround for those quests in which Dim Door is almost a requirement.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

No to the kick they use to have the ability to do just that and it was highly abused also just to head it off no to a kick vote
    Last edited by Uska; 01-27-2013 at 02:08 PM.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    No to the kick...
    Oh, yeah, and 3rd-ed on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainblizkap View Post
    1.- Sort members (actually everyone should be able to do this, healers would love giving the main tank the F2 for instance).Yes...I can go for this.

2.- Flag members, like in PVP arenas but with more options (several colors or icons), making easier for everyone to recognize roles and groups. Yes...I can go for this.

3.- Kick members even if they are not in a public instance, let's say instant teleport to quest entrance plus standard kick. It can be controversial but who hasn't seen someone who messes things up constantly or acts inappropriately? It could be used as a tool for evil purposes though (like kicking someone right before looting for plain revenge or whatever, I know there are childish people around :P). NO....no no no no no no no. That opens a door for griefing that would be a real pain to close.
    Nothing to add, but I do cringe when folks say (on the forums) Give the guy with the star power! No. The person holding the star is a person that put the group together, and does not necessarily mean that they know what they're doing. How many times have you seen an LFM up and the "lead" says they've not done the quest before? Just....no to #3.
    --Fallen Immortals, Thelanis

Community Member

1.- Sure, could be handy.

2.- OK

3.- No. As others have said, it has led and will lead to griefing.

#1 /signed

#2 /signed, why not

#3 /not signed see reasons people posted above.

Meridia Suburb of Stormreach, Xen'Drik. But have a vacation home in Cordova, Tennessee

1.- Sort members (actually everyone should be able to do this, healers would love giving the main tank the F2 for instance).

2.- Flag members, like in PVP arenas but with more options (several colors or icons), making easier for everyone to recognize roles and groups.

3.- Kick members even if they are not in a public instance, let's say instant teleport to quest entrance plus standard kick. It can be controversial but who hasn't seen someone who messes things up constantly or acts inappropriately? It could be used as a tool for evil purposes though (like kicking someone right before looting for plain revenge or whatever, I know there are childish people around :P).

I've always missed these three things ans I guess someone must have mentioned this before; they are not really necessary but they would make life easier.

1 - meh
    2 and 3 were removed by Turbine many years ago due to griefing and reasons-which-shall-not-be-discussed.
    -Khyber- Loreseekers, Guild Leader
    Hordorabbi ~ Hordiva ~ Hordazzle ~ Hordorc ~ Hordeau ~ And dozens of other HordoToons™!
    High Rabbi of DDO
    Loreseekers Guild ~ H.o.r.d.o.'s How-To Guides @Loreseekers

1. Sorting would be very handy.

2. Nothing I'd ever use, but I don't see why not.

3. Unfortunately, you'll find that the childish and evil types far outnumber the screw-it-up types if something like this was put into place.

I'll add...

Give instructions in party chat in a contrasting colour via a special chat command, much like /GO is guild officer only chat, /PL could be used to give instructions. Might help important information from getting lost in especially chatty groups.

could we at least start with a simple one? When I select someone can they pretty please show up somehow on the mini map? nothing more annoying then targeting someone only to have it say they are out of range and I don't know where to find them.

you can already color flag party members just like in PVP if its a raid group, but nobody chooses to use them.

ive always wished we could arrange party members the way we want them in the icon. maybe a way to right click a name with an option to move.

Community Member

Default #3 yes

for number 3 yes but only by majority vote would it be allowed

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

3 is a definitive no. Too many griefers. People work for a chest, then kick someone to make room for another.

1. That should not be star controlled, that should be individually controlled. Each player should be able to re order the party listing as they see fit given how this game works.

Only way I'd be in favor of a "kick from group" mechanic, is if it required every other member of the party to make the same vote, and could not be done after a quest has been completed (ie., no finishing a quest then kicking before the person can loot, though there are plenty of places where one can effectively finish without actually finishing just yet).

And even then, I'd still probably vote, "No."
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Thanks for your replies! To be honest I didn't know there was a kick mechanic, as I said I understand it can lead to several disasters but I've been wondering if there might be a safer way to implement the idea.

Someone said that leaders shouldn't have more power since they don't represent a real leader role. I think it usually happens this way but sometimes leaders (mostly on certain raids I guess) actually lead, coordinate and organize other people if it's necessary and good leading is generally acknowledged.

I'm missing the map-highlighting suggestion too! It would be also very cute and kind of useful to turn someone's dot into a little soulstone or something on death, same as pets have their own paw icon ^_^

Players should be able to redo their own list order, not the group leader.

Red vs Blue Exploit? /chuckles

Honestly I'm not sure if it will help or just cause more confusion, but I don't have a big problem with it.

3.- Kick members even if they are not in a public instance,
    Nope. They had it, it was bad and they removed it. It is absolutely not worth putting it back in the game. The small benefit is outweighed by the griefing.

Community Member

I would love option 1 for my Cleric

so /signed

1. /signed
    2. If it's a raid, you can at least use the red/blue/nothing...but honestly, just type everyone's role in one chat line and have it copy+pasted if you need to look back at it quickly.
    3. No. If someone is being such a prick inside a quest, nothing stops you from recalling and restarting. Yes, it sucks, but you have the choice to do it, while if a person is wrongfully booted, they won't. It's also a lot easier to boot someone just before the finish to make them waste as much time as possible, but if a party member starts being annoying near the end, you're so close to finishing it won't be a problem.