Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Update 17 actually made "Invasion" worth farming

I never thought I would say this, but after reading Update 17 named items list I have to: Those stupid BtC Invasion Tokens are not worthless any more!

Last night my bard 22 went into Invasion. On Normal, because it was his first time (and first-lifer). First time took 30 minutes and maybe 10 Restoration scrolls. Second time still took 30 minutes but no scrolls. Third time took 19 minutes, and I don't think I can make it any faster, at least not without using up some hard-to-get resources. And then I looked at the kill count -- 119, and could easily get more if there were any point to it, -- and thought "If I am lucky, Update 17 will have Monster Manual 3. If I am really lucky, it will have reavers and/or beholders."

So the rest of farming is postponed.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Founder & Build Synthesis Battlehawke's Avatar

Default agree

I agree! +1 for saying it!

I especially like the Heavy Fort Item with a slot!!
    The Best Server: Gallhanda

Looking for a great guild? Check Out Our Guild: http://www.oldtimersguild.com/vb/forum.php

Looking for some good builds to play? https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...for-Characters

I am afraid you are misreading it -- and I did too at first. It is not a Heavy Fort item with a slot -- it is an item with a slot and a crystal of Heavy Fort already in it. If you put a different crystal in, you will lose Heavy Fort.

Smile

I hope this thread is talking about INVADERS. Cause the idea of "farming" New Invasion makes me want to vomit a little...
    KASHIL -- KASHILAH -- MATTAH -- MAHGANE -- KHYBER -- ANNIHILATION
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    First, Meat-Head is exactly correct...

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    I am afraid you are misreading it -- and I did too at first. It is not a Heavy Fort item with a slot -- it is an item with a slot and a crystal of Heavy Fort already in it. If you put a different crystal in, you will lose Heavy Fort.
    Right...which makes it kind of an "ok" ring, but nothing worth farming for, except possibly for a first time player who needs to get their first heavy fort somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Meat-Head View Post
    I hope this thread is talking about INVADERS.
    It is
    Cause the idea of "farming" New Invasion makes me want to vomit a little...
    Really? People have been farming Amrath quests since whenever -- for named belts. Although I think it is usually Sins of Attrition, not New Invasion which gets farmed to death.

Community Member

Really? People have been farming Amrath quests since whenever -- for named belts. Although I think it is usually Sins of Attrition, not New Invasion which gets farmed to death.
    The player that farms 'a new invasion' is definatly ceing controlled by either a mind flayer, a hag, lolth, or the peer pressure of a group of sadistic, pure evil players.

The player that farms 'a new invasion' of its own free will, is either very stupid or does like the quest for whatever unexaplinable reason

Farming it for belts? No, just no. If you want the belts, run ToD
    Ainevek: 9/6/2 FvS/ranger/paladin (life 2/?) Shinweng: 8/5/2 monk/wizard/paladin (life 4/3?Abaranda: 18/2 FvS/monk (life 7/?) Kevenia: 6 sorcerer (life 2/?)
    Two handed chruchers, Ghallanda

Maybe few runs of Sins for xp on a blue bar.
    You can have 20 belts from 2 ToD runs if you want and ask nicely !
    Ghallanda

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by keveniaftw View Post
    The player that farms 'a new invasion' is definatly ceing controlled by either a mind flayer, a hag, lolth, or the peer pressure of a group of sadistic, pure evil players.

The player that farms 'a new invasion' of its own free will, is either very stupid or does like the quest for whatever unexaplinable reason

Farming it for belts? No, just no. If you want the belts, run ToD
    Then explain me, why in 30+ tods I never seen ravager's belt?
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Then explain me, why in 30+ tods I never seen ravager's belt?
    Bad luck?

Come to think of it, I can't recall ever seeing ravager's specifically in TOD, but I've seen all kinds of other belts. Is there some kind of bug or something with ravager's specifically?

The Ring of Balance is much better with that slot BUT - Nightforge Gorget {with a slot now} is still MUCH easier to acquire!
    So is Minos!

Many of the items in thos lists don't seem to have been changed at all other than having a slot added - Some of the Waterworks, Harbour, Catacombs items haven't even had that!

Retribution - I still use this from time to time {when sword and boarding} on my Lvl 22 Battle Cleric! - It now has a slot too - AMAZING!

Fernian Wraps have received a huge nerf - Min Lvl 1 becomes Min Lvl 8/9 - Ouch!

Tempest Spine - I'm not seeing "Raid Quality" Loot here - Changes are weak - When changes are even made!

Nightforge Items from Relic - Slots added to all = Good
    Specifically though - Nightforge Darkhelm{an item I already like a lot} has been buffed! - Wis 2 has become Wis 4 - This is now a Must Have!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    stuff
    Note that the list of updated items is far from complete. And more importantly, it also includes items with old descriptions, if the new ones are not known. E.g., look at Tempest Spine loot. New stats are only known for Goggles and Full Plate.

[QUOTE=FranOhmsford;4904350]The Ring of Balance is much better with that slot BUT - Nightforge Gorget {with a slot now} is still MUCH easier to acquire!
    So is Minos!

Many of the items in thos lists don't seem to have been changed at all other than having a slot added - Some of the Waterworks, Harbour, Catacombs items haven't even had that!
    [quote]

Of course this ...

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    Note that the list of updated items is far from complete. And more importantly, it also includes items with old descriptions, if the new ones are not known. E.g., look at Tempest Spine loot. New stats are only known for Goggles and Full Plate.
    Retribution - I still use this from time to time {when sword and boarding} on my Lvl 22 Battle Cleric! - It now has a slot too - AMAZING!
    Yeah, it is still a worth item - I have two of the ML6 I use; this gives me an upgrade path to use on some characters as well.

Fernian Wraps have received a huge nerf - Min Lvl 1 becomes Min Lvl 8/9 - Ouch!
    Farm up a set now ... old ones keep their ML ... ;-)

Tempest Spine - I'm not seeing "Raid Quality" Loot here - Changes are weak - When changes are even made!
    As above, we've not seen all the changes. That said, look at little things like the Star of Irian - this isn't something a DPS character will typically swing, but now it's a longsword (19-20/x2) with two slots. I expect this will be a moderately useful clerical item, esp. when slotted with a SP in one of those slots.

Nightforge Items from Relic - Slots added to all = Good
    Specifically though - Nightforge Darkhelm{an item I already like a lot} has been buffed! - Wis 2 has become Wis 4 - This is now a Must Have!
    If the Pro Evil works, it is very nice - pity it is such a popular slot.

My favorite updated items are the Necro turn ins.

As I said in the other thread, I've got a number of TRs working through the cycle right now. I've been diligent, and largely not turned in the last quest or picked up end rewards; hopefully I'll be able to link more of the new stuff we don't know yet once the update drops.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    The Goggles were changed with MotU - Glitchy yes - I Stoned a number of characters {multiple servers} and some got stuck with the old version!
    BUT not a New Change for Update 17 - Just "hopefully" fixing said change!

And I would ask {as that page of the wiki is specifically about Update 17 items} WHY Items that haven't been tested/checked are in there at all?
    AT LEAST There should be a note next to them saying Unchecked!

My observations were based on that list - If the list is wrong then it's not my fault!

As for The Nightforge Darkhelm and it's Prot: Evil - You know I've never actually noticed whether this is glitched a la Ship Buffs BUT I do use that Clickie a lot!
    The original helm was Wis 2, Will 5 - The new one is Wis 4, Will 5 - A nice boost indeed!

EDIT: Fernian Wraps - I have a set - I just feel that Newbies to Threnal should not be inconvenienced in this way!

Current Retribution: ML:6 1d8 19-20x2, +1 Longsword, Holy, True Law, Pure Good.

U17 Retribution: +1 upgraded to +4, Red Slot added. Min level goes up to 8

Not all of the items are upgraded yet, I believe. I like the change to the Star Of Irian. Right now it's:

1d8+2 20x2, Holy, Righteous.

U17, it goes to 1.5[1d8]+4 19-20x2, Holy, Righteous, Red Slot, Orange Slot.

Big improvement.

Problem is that it's only 2 levels until it gets dropped for the Minos.

Now, if you want a good Nightforge item that will last a while, try the Spike.

Currently: 1.5[1d4]+5 20x2, Adamantine, Returning
    U17: 1.5[1d4]+5 18-20x3, Adamantine, Returning, Red Slot.

Granted, throwing weapons are feeble, but that's much less feeble than usual. Imagine the drool from monkchers if it was a Shuriken.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Quote Originally Posted by Encair View Post
    Maybe few runs of Sins for xp on a blue bar.
    You can have 20 belts from 2 ToD runs if you want and ask nicely !

My monk: 21 ToDs, 3 ransacks of Genesis Point... no Nyoko's necklace... (no oremis or shintao ring too).

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    Current Retribution: ML:6 1d8 19-20x2, +1 Longsword, Holy, True Law, Pure Good.

U17 Retribution: +1 upgraded to +4, Red Slot added. Min level goes up to 8

Aye - the +1 to +4 is great BUT even at +1 this is a sword I have no problems wielding at Lvl 20+

Not all of the items are upgraded yet, I believe. I like the change to the Star Of Irian. Right now it's:

1d8+2 20x2, Holy, Righteous.

U17, it goes to 1.5[1d8]+4 19-20x2, Holy, Righteous, Red Slot, Orange Slot.

Big improvement.

Aye BUT I'm not seeing a min lvl on the TS changes - Star of Irian was nerfed before right - It used to be a very low min lvl item.

Problem is that it's only 2 levels until it gets dropped for the Minos.

I'm guessing a lot less people will be bothering with Minos after the update - The Ring of Balance with Heavy Fort on augment slot looks real nice and Toughness is now available elsewhere

Now, if you want a good Nightforge item that will last a while, try the Spike.

Currently: 1.5[1d4]+5 20x2, Adamantine, Returning
    U17: 1.5[1d4]+5 18-20x3, Adamantine, Returning, Red Slot.

Granted, throwing weapons are feeble, but that's much less feeble than usual. Imagine the drool from monkchers if it was a Shuriken.

BUT it's NOT a Shuriken!
    It's not even a Hammer, Axe or Dagger!
    It's a DART!
    Frankly - This being a Duergar {Dwarf} Weapon I'd really like to see it changed to a Hammer or Axe!
    In Red

BUT it's NOT a Shuriken!
    It's not even a Hammer, Axe or Dagger!
    It's a DART!
    Being a dart hardly matters. They all fall under Imp Crit: Throwing. It has a rapier crit range with an axe crit multiplier.

The only form that would make a difference in its performance would be if it was a Shuriken.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Default Nightforge Spike

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    Being a dart hardly matters. They all fall under Imp Crit: Throwing. It has a rapier crit range with an axe crit multiplier.

The only form that would make a difference in its performance would be if it was a Shuriken.
    now has an SoS crit profile.

You'd think they'd have learned their lesson, but... yeah.
    Character Compendium

In the necro turn-ins ... Phosphor is now a heavy mace scimitar, and Coronation is a morning star khopesh. Deathnip is pretty hot still as well.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast