Default Changes to guild augment items?

Does anyone know the details on the conversion of these? In theory, they can be converted to the new augment system, but what that means for different augment sizes or different item types... I have no idea. Hopefully someone does....
    Cannith Server :Vice Sovereign of The Guild of Calamitous Intent

Kalener (Monk) Renelak (backup band) Raoull (Mr. McStabby) Kaleray (laser heals) Kalrah (xbow rogue)

Yes, everyone knows. If you read the release notes you would know too. Old guild augment items aren't changing at all. New ones will however not drop. Guild augments can not be converted to the new system.

Well... your read of the Release notes and mine are a bit different. I don't find that stated there.

In the linked to doc on Augments, it does discuss that old epic stuff remains (although you can't buy them any more) and you can convert them to the new system. For guild slots, it mentions you can continue to buy them, and mentions no conversion mechanism.

While I think your interpretation is a reasonable one, and the most likely case.... it doesn't seem as obvious to me as you are making it out to be. But perhaps there is some "Guild slot items cannot be converted to the new system" declaration in the release notes that I missed.
    Cannith Server :Vice Sovereign of The Guild of Calamitous Intent

Kalener (Monk) Renelak (backup band) Raoull (Mr. McStabby) Kaleray (laser heals) Kalrah (xbow rogue)

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

At the end of the chapter about Augments :
    This system will replace the two existing augment systems- Epic Augments, and Guild Augments. Existing guild augment slots and the guild augment vendors will remain, but new items won’t have guild augment slots after Update 17.
    or to write it another way :
    existing items with a guild or an epic slot will remain as they are.
    new loot will only drop with new slots.
    Last edited by Flavilandile; 01-24-2013 at 01:25 PM.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    Yes, everyone knows. If you read the release notes you would know too. Old guild augment items aren't changing at all. New ones will however not drop. Guild augments can not be converted to the new system.
    I think this should be read through the voice of The Simpsons comic book guy.

2016 DDO Players Council UurlockYgmeov's Avatar

and the mad scramble to stockpile the medium and large guild augmented equipment and hoard it away like squirrels has begun....

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    and the mad scramble to stockpile the medium and large guild augmented equipment and hoard it away like squirrels has begun....
    ROFL

+1 for this reference. Because not only is my guild doing that but we are The Squirrel Brigade! Now stop spying on us!!!!
    ... a soldier,
    Full of strange oaths, and bearded like the pard,
    Jealous in honor, sudden and quick in quarrel,
    Seeking the bubble reputation,
    Even in the dragon's mouth.

2016 DDO Players Council UurlockYgmeov's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nysrock View Post
    ROFL

+1 for this reference. Because not only is my guild doing that but we are The Squirrel Brigade! Now stop spying on us!!!!
    Ooops.... The Consortium will not be pleased I spilled the beans... :P

Just tried to convert a guild augment item with dragonshards (tried both yellow and purple) in both the stone of change and the altar of epic rituals. No conversion appears to be possible.

I chuckled a bit that the epic altar will successfully bind and attune an item with purple dragonshards, though.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Just tried to convert a guild augment item with dragonshards (tried both yellow and purple) in both the stone of change and the altar of epic rituals. No conversion appears to be possible.

I chuckled a bit that the epic altar will successfully bind and attune an item with purple dragonshards, though.
    That would probably be because there is no conversion from guild augments to the new augment system. The only conversion is the old epic augment system to the new augment system. Existing guild augment items will remain as guild augment items, and continue to use guild augments purchased from the guild augment vendors in house K. The only change being made at all to the guild augment system is that new items will not drop with guild augment slots.