Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Default GS - What did I make?

I rather certain that the GS Shard I made was not the one I ought to have made. The two recipes I'm working on call for either a Negative/Opposition/Material or a Positive/Dominion/Material shard, and what I have seems to call itself a Material/Positive/Opposition.

Is there a way for me to understand its properties and find out what recipes it might work for? Or will I have to play with a crafting planner making up recipes until I find one?

TIA for any remotely constructive responses.

Edit 1:

A bit of an update, I think I've got a handle on this. If I'm reading the wiki right, a Material/Positive/Opposition gives me 20% Healing Amplification on a Weapon, or Improved Regeneration on an Item.

In either case I'm limited to one of the following Aspects:
    Lightening
    Mineral
    Radiance
    Steam
    Positive Energy
    Existential Stalemate

Can anyone confirm I'm on the right track, please?

Edit 2:
    At Tier Three would 30% Healing Amplification stack with the Tier Two 20% Healing Amplification?
    Or would Tier Three 30% Negative Energy Absorption stack with a Tier One 15% Negative Energy Absorption?
    Last edited by Phaeton_Seraph; 01-24-2013 at 08:23 AM.

Going by my crafting planner, that appears to be a 20% heal amp shard if put on a weapon, or an improved regeneration (1hp per 30 seconds) shard if put on non-weapon.
    Last edited by Lonnbeimnech; 01-24-2013 at 08:16 AM.

A bit of an update, I think I've got a handle on this. If I'm reading the wiki right, a Material/Positive/Opposition gives me 20% Healing Amplification on a Weapon, or Improved Regeneration on an Item.

In either case I'm limited to one of the following Aspects:
    Lightening
    Mineral
    Radiance
    Steam
    Positive Energy
    Existential Stalemate

Can anyone confirm I'm on the right track, please?
    Yes, a positive shard would go into one of those. Since you've already got the imbued shard, you just need to make the best of it. Personally, I'd go for a triple positive blunt weapon. Go Holy/20%Amp/30%Amp, or possibly Good Blast on Tier3 (if you have 30% from PDK or Claw gloves), and make it your undead beater weapon.

Alternately, you could go [Whatever]/20% Amp/30% Amp and make it a Concordant Opposition weapon. A Conc-Opp weapon currently stacks with a Conc-Opp accessory, making it convenient for torcing up. The big healing amp boost makes it a lot easier to compensate for the incoming damage.

At Tier Three would 30% Healing Amplification stack with the Tier Two 20% Healing Amplification?
    Yes.

Or would Tier Three 30% Negative Energy Absorption stack with a Tier One 15% Negative Energy Absorption?
    Also yes, but in this case it's not an additive stacking. You wouldn't get 45% negative absorb out of it.

Also, Negative Absorb is not very worthwhile. Deathward completely blocks negative damage, making it the far superior choice.
    Last edited by Matuse; 01-24-2013 at 09:19 AM.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Ty for the responses.

@ Matuse if I go ConOpp on a weapon that's already been through Tier 1 and has nothing for DR, then it's probably better to go with Good Blast, would you think so?

Conc-opp weapons aren't for hitting with. They are for being hit.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.