Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by TreknaQudane View Post
    Lightning Motes says 'No'
    Standard no-thought response. There are no electric nukes beyond blast rod (which is a great spell up to level 15 or so it has to be said), so lightning motes isn't that useful for an arti. Artis that use LitII repeaters and/or Tovens may get some use out of lightning motes themselves, but by and large its a debuff that you throw to benefit the other nukers in your party.

Spec'ing for fire criticals is currently the best way to boost the damage of arti nukes (tac det, prismatic) [due to superior lore being available on an easily wearable item]. Whilst both spells are used primarily as cc by most artificers, they both have excellent base damage - prismatic is 30d6, whilst Tac Det is 20d2+20 [force] + 10d3 + 30 [fire], or 70 force + 50 fire on average. This makes prismatic a top end single-target nuke and tac det one of the best AoEs short of meteor swarm, or a 25th level DBF. The problem with both spells is the expensive base sp cost, and the fact that artis can't effectively lower their empower or maximise costs.

However, if you're spec'ing fire anyway for the runearm say, then you'd end up with a very damaging emergency nuke if you so wanted.

It is like I thought it was; the glass cannon is just like Animus, in that it fires a fireball type AOE with additional bludgeoning damage as part of it. While the description doesn't mention a reflex save critters get one.

And that makes this situational and not very effective. It's a cool hit, interesting idea but you're not going to hurt much with a single AOE that will most likely be reflex saved. Keep in mind that my arti on lam had 46 Int, greater evocation, all the evocation based stuff twisted and critters saved frequently in the wilderness and on EN. Then take EH and EE in account and it's just not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    It is like I thought it was; the glass cannon is just like Animus, in that it fires a fireball type AOE with additional bludgeoning damage as part of it. While the description doesn't mention a reflex save critters get one.

And that makes this situational and not very effective. It's a cool hit, interesting idea but you're not going to hurt much with a single AOE that will most likely be reflex saved. Keep in mind that my arti on lam had 46 Int, greater evocation, all the evocation based stuff twisted and critters saved frequently in the wilderness and on EN. Then take EH and EE in account and it's just not worth it.

Seriously.
    Raever of Madness * Stormraver * Fireraver * Dreamraver * Skyraver * Solraver * Technoraver * Raverlution * Foraver
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Turning Ghostbane into a meme is, in my book, the best thing to happen to DDO in awhile.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dejafu View Post
    Seriously.
    And yet for the newer epic content they're the lowest of the saves even on mobs that are of high reflex classes that benefit from dex.

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    Also note that killing red names provide absolutely no benefit whatsoever then grinding down your own HP.

I recieved 19 coppers for killing the new half orc red named.

Please do not put red named bosses in this event unless they also provide a real benefit to kill over say a regular grunt. There have been what - 3 CC events so far and rednamed are still worthless to kill.

Killing one should be an automatic treasure map at least.
    I assume you mean smugglers rest red names and not the cove red name. if you examine your general chat when you kill a red name in the explorer area, you actually will get 4-8 different items. Only the last is displayed on the screen because the messages pass by real quickly.

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

That -25% is a big deal unless you're wearing EE Leaves or EE Livewood with some other fort buffer (ED's) but the damage potential is amazing. Also good to see force on a runearm, but the only reason I'd say the fire is nice is for Draconic ED setup - It's a tool I'll very much want to have but will switch Ra's and gear builds on the fly on Lich as always.

Glass Cannon is a little 4th wall for my tastes but it slightly fits and is clever (Might as well call it UberH4x Arm)

Situationally that RA is awesome the weapon damage is very very nice (bludgeon as a weapon addon? pls and thx)

Overall, it's a jawdropper, but not so much that it makes me wince for the nerf bat incoming.
    Lich - Lichclaw - Lichdust - Lichfate - Lichgaze - Lichrot - Lichsoul - Lichvault
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    DDOCast Contributor http://www.ddocast.com/
    http://www.twitch.tv/g_lich

im actually quite excited for the rune arm my meleeficer that uses Efang with the sent Dmarks is gonna love it

Quote Originally Posted by Voltelin View Post
    Glass Cannon is a little 4th wall for my tastes but it slightly fits and is clever (Might as well call it UberH4x Arm)
    The name is simply what the item literally is: an (arm) cannon made out of glass. It's simply a humble nod to the fourth wall, without breaking it I love it. Can't wait to get one on live for my arti. I'm gonna have a loooooot of grinding to do when the cove comes to town.

Quomodo cecidisti de cælo, Lucifer, qui mane oriebaris. corruisti in terram, qui vulnerabas gentes.
    Qui dicebas in corde tuo: In cælum conscendam, super astra Dei exaltabo solium meum.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyiwin View Post
    I've only seen pictured ML 24 rune arms, I hope they have lower level versions too...

There is one in the Cove ML5.... Three BARREL cove DD

It's pretty sweet actually, I got it down to ML3.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Strinati's_Hand_Cannon
    Last edited by Sonos; 01-31-2013 at 05:21 PM.

Community Member obscure.jester's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    It takes 19 perfect 300 crystal cove runs to max out the flask. At least some of those runs will need to be done at level 25+ for the new gems.

In comparison, one of the existing items only needs 8 such runs (and you'll have 200 crystals left over for a good start on the next item).
    i run on lev30 and get 600ish shard reward per run. actual record for me is 618 in one run. 5 or 6 runs and u get the flask complete.
    I fail better than anyone else

Quote Originally Posted by obscure.jester View Post
    i run on lev30 and get 600ish shard reward per run. actual record for me is 618 in one run. 5 or 6 runs and u get the flask complete.
    It takes 5500 shards to make a fully upgraded flask. So you're talking about 9 or 10 runs, not 5 or 6.

Community Member obscure.jester's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    It takes 5500 shards to make a fully upgraded flask. So you're talking about 9 or 10 runs, not 5 or 6.
    yah, **** in math. still, 9-10 < 19
    what really bothers is gem down conversion.
    I fail better than anyone else

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234