Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    Display error - this is a known bug. Tier 3 adds yellow slot. The bug shows the empty yellow slot in the wrong place in the tool tip. See other thread concerning this.
    Yeah, I saw the other thread a while after I posted that here.

Odd bug tho, considering...

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlehawke View Post
    If either the mats all were BTA or the Rum becomes BoE then there would be no issue and this would be a great item.
    All coves mats have always been BTA. Has this changed?

Default Rum

I like the rum!
    better then the planar trade in clickies as they are one time use.

can we hold multiple rum?

EDIT = Yes u can

like a six pack? barbarian gets thirsty while adventuring!

EDIT : All rums on same timer bummer.

I think thats fine if same level to share timer.
    However different level rum should be on diffrent timers?
    that would be a nice feature.
    so u cant have 2 of same level. but if we can use multiple if different tiers so it wouldnt be too powerful that way ...but somewhat useful.
    I would proably hold the top 3 if each level was a diffrent timer...maybe top 4 on barb for emergencies.

May i drink them raged?
    Last edited by GODDEATH; 01-24-2013 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GODDEATH View Post
    can we hold multiple rum?

like a six pack? barbarian gets thirsty while adventuring!
    So far, but they all share the same timer.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinusWyllt View Post
    Sharing the same timer seems like a bug. It encourages someone to make the mistake of wasting ingredients on two when there's no game advantage to two BTC items (well unless they can be broken in quest and you need two because they break easily). Should just be made exclusive though maybe that caused crafting-box issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MartinusWyllt View Post
    Even different levels?

Founder & Build Synthesis Battlehawke's Avatar

Quote:Originally Posted by*Battlehawke*View Post
    If either the mats all were BTA or the Rum becomes BoE then there would be no issue and this would be a great item.
    All coves mats have always been BTA. Has this changed?

Then this really isn't a problem. Oh unless of course you just want to craft 10 - 20 of them and pass them around in your shared bank.

In a way, you would think it would be overpowered, but how is it different than a 1/2 Elf Barbarian with Clr Dilly and 100 of each heal and Restoration Scrolls?

Its a tough call...
    The Best Server: Gallhanda

Looking for a great guild? Check Out Our Guild: http://www.oldtimersguild.com/vb/forum.php

Looking for some good builds to play? https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...for-Characters

so other than the rum, i have no reason to run Cove again this year. ah well. maybe next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Why is it that the upgrades to the Glass Cannon add Impulse when the runearm itself does Fire damage??

I'd rather see the Glass Cannon do Force damage. An AoE exploding Force Shot would be sooooo cool!!
    Because it does both Fire and Bludgeoning damage. You could boost it using either Combustion or Impulse since one covers fire and the other covers physical damage types.

And in general Impulse is more useful to an Artificer than Combustion would be (all force spells and Blade Barrier)
    [REDACTED]

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    Not really the same thing the Epic monk ability and this is a level 11 item.
    By Epic levels you can UMD heal scrolls / Restoration Scrolls.
    Use the Hammer of life for restoration or the epic version for 3x Mass heals.
    There are lots of options at epic levels...

This item is meh for the time vs grind especially being BTC.
    Combat Message: 7 Bottomless Flask of Rum got destroyed

After all they are not bought with TP and may get damaged. The BtA nature of most Crystal Cove items made them interesting, especially for players with several characters or TRs ... but this and a tier 3 upgrade that is actually less worth then Tier 2 ... then I am better of with Silver Flame pots.

edit: uhm, my bad to not read all forum posts, seems the effect being [url=http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?&postid=4862584#post4862584removed[/url] on the runearm is only a display error of the barter window. Still not that much impressed...
    Last edited by SisAmethyst; 01-24-2013 at 06:30 PM.
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Re: the runearm

I'd have to check strinati's which I haven't used in a while, but I'm pretty sure that explosive cannonshot only has two damage hits (one for the bludgeon, one for the force) compared to 4 for Tovens and 5 for Archaic/Lucid/Corruption/Obscenity

This would make the damage decidedly lower than the other runearms vs. single target, but conversely the AoE is much better defined than Tovens so might be useful against a bunch of mobs.

Also, it doesn't mention a save in the description (neither does Strinati's). I think I'm going to test Strinatis a bit to see if it looks like it does have a save or not; if not, then the glass cannon might be the perfect antidote to crowds of evasive mobs like spiders.

Is it confirmed that you need both fire and force to amplify damage on the runearm? A lot of (all?) mixed element spells like prismatic, tac det, meteor swarm etc apply the highest spellpower/crit chance/crit damage afaik, and it'd be nice if you got a similar benefit with this runearm.

Finally, whilst people are knocking fire as an element, in truth end-game arti spells are actually force/fire - tac det and prismatic are both boosted by fire lines, so this runearm is perhaps more synergistic than even Tovens.

Quote Originally Posted by Loriac View Post
    Finally, whilst people are knocking fire as an element, in truth end-game arti spells are actually force/fire - tac det and prismatic are both boosted by fire lines, so this runearm is perhaps more synergistic than even Tovens.
    Lightning Motes says 'No'
    [REDACTED]

Ever since Strinati's Hand Cannon was introduced in Three-Barrel Cove, I've been hoping for an end-game rune-arm with explosive cannon shot. It's a neat way to allow artificers to have greater flexibility in rune-arm options without running into the constant problem of "why should I put action points into any other damage type when force is so clearly the best option?"

And it even lets an artificer FINALLY have a 120 impulse item to boot.

Plus it's got a geeky pun name.

Me likey.
    Raever of Madness * Stormraver * Fireraver * Dreamraver * Skyraver * Solraver * Technoraver * Raverlution * Foraver
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Turning Ghostbane into a meme is, in my book, the best thing to happen to DDO in awhile.

Don't run the numbers just yet, the scoring system for the Cove has been adjusted.
    See, you put a smiley on there as a kind of encouragement, but you have no idea how depressing this kind of news is.

Given the state of the Cannith and Eveningstar challenges, why should we think that the new and "improved" CC is going to do anything but distill the worst elements of those and combine them into one giant horrorshow?

Maybe lock some of the tunnels behind doors that you need randomly dropped seals to open!

Make a star objective be to protect the new "kobold warriors" who while just as flimsy as the workers, instead of running away from monsters, will actively seek them out and fight them.

Replace a third of the hobgoblins with yugoloth wizards!

Lose a star if you buy more than 5 torches!

Purple crystals occasionally replaced with mimics that go after kobolds who try to harvest them!

And I would not be the tiniest bit surprised to find that a 6-star completion with preposterous requirements only gives another 100-200 crystals over the old style, rather than the 800 it probably should give, with the preposterous requirements.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Quote Originally Posted by Loriac View Post
    Re: the runearm

I'd have to check strinati's which I haven't used in a while, but I'm pretty sure that explosive cannonshot only has two damage hits (one for the bludgeon, one for the force) compared to 4 for Tovens and 5 for Archaic/Lucid/Corruption/Obscenity

This would make the damage decidedly lower than the other runearms vs. single target, but conversely the AoE is much better defined than Tovens so might be useful against a bunch of mobs.

Also, it doesn't mention a save in the description (neither does Strinati's). I think I'm going to test Strinatis a bit to see if it looks like it does have a save or not; if not, then the glass cannon might be the perfect antidote to crowds of evasive mobs like spiders.

Is it confirmed that you need both fire and force to amplify damage on the runearm? A lot of (all?) mixed element spells like prismatic, tac det, meteor swarm etc apply the highest spellpower/crit chance/crit damage afaik, and it'd be nice if you got a similar benefit with this runearm.

Interesting; I don't have the lower end one so I haven't had the chance to look at this particular version. If that's true this rune arm will be better than Toven's and a good back up rune arm considering that most people do force primary or secondary. And if that's so I won't have to switch from acid to fire just to playtest.

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    The fire part makes the rune arm sub par, mostly because fire based rune arms are the worst, BUT it adds TWO effects to your repeater (if you look) - both untyped and fire. That's unique to this rune arm compared to any other that will only add one effect.

This one will be the premier undead killer. And it's situationally very nice. I might try it on one of my arties to see if it can compete with acid ones - I doubt it due to the reflex save but I'm curious if the untyped damage can compensate for this.
    Out of curiosity, why do you consider 'fire based rune arms the worst'? I only recall Animus as being the Charge 5/Imbue 4 rune arm. What makes that a non-ideal rune arm is it's schizophrenic pairing with banishing. At Level 19, the stuff you want to banish is stuff from Shavarath, which is immune to fire.

Is it because you think fire's not good at end-game? That was true when cap was 20, and end game was Shavarath, clockwork Shrouds, and Cannith. Now that end game is is spiders that web, drow, giants, and every-color-but-Red dragons... Fire's not such a bad choice.

I've only seen pictured ML 24 rune arms, I hope they have lower level versions too...

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    Out of curiosity, why do you consider 'fire based rune arms the worst'? I only recall Animus as being the Charge 5/Imbue 4 rune arm. What makes that a non-ideal rune arm is it's schizophrenic pairing with banishing. At Level 19, the stuff you want to banish is stuff from Shavarath, which is immune to fire.

Is it because you think fire's not good at end-game? That was true when cap was 20, and end game was Shavarath, clockwork Shrouds, and Cannith. Now that end game is is spiders that web, drow, giants, and every-color-but-Red dragons... Fire's not such a bad choice.
    It's bad because fire is a Reflex Save. Toven's Hammer was acceptable because it fired multiple blasts and had so much **** put on the rune arm.
    [REDACTED]

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post

Fire at the level of animus anyways is one of those elements that almost everything is either resistent or immune at. Like demons and devils. That used to be the end game when Animus came out. That's a little different now considering that Drows actually take fire damage, although I still think that far more things are resistent to fire then some other elements.

Second, the AOE and reflex saves. The reason why Toven's Hammer - excellent rune arm btw - is not as good in the end game as it is at the level you can equip it, is because of reflex saves. That doubles or even quadruples for Animus. Strictly because Animus hit you once with 1 fireball type AOE. If you save, no damage (very likely and especially if you're only level 20-22 doing ML 23+ quests on anything but normal). With Toven's and everything else you at least have more then one chance to score a damaging hit. Toven is what, 4 shots, acid and force 5 etc. So even if something gets reflex saved you still have a few more shots to get your crit in.

And yes; Banishing on Animus is a waste. It would be a lot better with something like Disruption (kind of like an upgraded version of the Hand of Tombs). That's why I thought this might be a bad idea - if it has a reflex save you have that one chance to get your hit in. Most of the item you'll get reflex saved and do little damage and some times you don't do any damage whatsoever. That's why I prefer Acid and force. But if it is indeed boosting both fire and bludgeoning with impulse because it's a dual damage type, then I don't need to worry about adding some enhancement points to fire - I can still use max force to use this as a third rune arm in the case I want to do some critter cleaning. I'm making one for sure, so I'm going to take my time to check how well that plays out.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyiwin View Post
    I've only seen pictured ML 24 rune arms, I hope they have lower level versions too...
    As of now, there is only the one level 24 rune arm.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast