Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Cove barter box screenshots

Just grabbed some screenshots on lam of the only new things in the box. Can't complain about the pot thing but besides that and the rune arm: As a famous Pig** likes to say "Thats all folks!"

This starts at the first one & upgrades in to the heal pot
    Last edited by K_0tiC; 01-24-2013 at 06:16 AM.
    Officer of Renowned

Thelanis

(Click here too check us out)

Polverizing The Wise, Dotting The Cleanser, Polarities The Undying, Sosage The Killer, Shootin The piercer & many more holders of items.

Actually, it's a famous pig who said "That's all, folks!".
    Ascent, Argonnessen ~ Cleatus Yogurthawker | Isostatic Rebound | Mohorovicic Discontinuity | Angular Unconformity
    Ghalanda ~
    Feldspathic Greywacke

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley_Nicholas View Post
    Actually, it's a famous pig who said "That's all, folks!".
    Porky Pig
    Male Fairy: "Dont cry my dear. You know what I do when I'm sad?"
    Felicia Day Fairy: "Look douchy..."

Quote Originally Posted by mournbladereigns View Post
    Actually, if this Nerf's one of Shade's barb's I doubly support this!

Screenshots added sorry was half a sleep when I posted and totally forgot about thread. Didn't even know the difference between a rabbit and a pig! hehe
    Officer of Renowned

Thelanis

(Click here too check us out)

Polverizing The Wise, Dotting The Cleanser, Polarities The Undying, Sosage The Killer, Shootin The piercer & many more holders of items.

I was fully expecting ML24 versions of items: +3 inightful int on the spyglass, +8 str on the gloves and +8 dex on the ring. But when I checked the barter box, no such luck.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    I was fully expecting ML24 versions of items: +3 inightful int on the spyglass, +8 str on the gloves and +8 dex on the ring. But when I checked the barter box, no such luck.
    Me to but considering that the 2 new items seem to be bound to character (so level 24 might have been as well) and that I'd imagine that many that already got some crystal cove gear is slotting their yellow slots with False life and blue slots with Toughness now (that would likely disappear in an upgrade to the new slot system). Just to have these in the future harder to slot augments ready on bound to account gear it would be questionable how many (of previous event players) that would actually upgrade their gear (creating another pre u17 group similar to guild augments).

Still it would be more options and as such a nice addition. It would likely also have been nice for first time event players looking for something a bit better than the Eveningstar sets but still achievable within a reasonable amount of time.
    The Tarcane Death knight; a solo friendly plate wearing (0% spell failure) arcane knight.

The BTC menace continues. The healing rum is a flavor based item requiring you to upgrade it like 10 times to provide you with a heal every 5 minutes. That's a lot of grinding for a ML 11 item with flavor based potential. BTC just makes it feel like another Mabar item.

The Glass Cannon is more intesting. It's alright that it's BTC since it's ML 24. Untyped and fire damage, both with shot and to repeaters. But Fire explosive shot AOEs are the worst in the game. Hit once, will be saved very often and on top of that the rune arm lowers your fort by 25%.

Not a bad item, but flavor based. It's going to be hard to convince an Arti to drop force or say acid in favor for something situational. But at least you don't have to upgrade it 10 times.

I'm not entirely sure this will motivate people to run Cove for a week.

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    The BTC menace continues. The healing rum is a flavor based item requiring you to upgrade it like 10 times to provide you with a heal every 5 minutes. That's a lot of grinding for a ML 11 item with flavor based potential. BTC just makes it feel like another Mabar item.
    Well... a free heal clicky that you can use every 5 minutes isn't too bad!

It takes 19 perfect 300 crystal cove runs to max out the flask. At least some of those runs will need to be done at level 25+ for the new gems.

In comparison, one of the existing items only needs 8 such runs (and you'll have 200 crystals left over for a good start on the next item).
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    It takes 19 perfect 300 crystal cove runs to max out the flask. At least some of those runs will need to be done at level 25+ for the new gems.

In comparison, one of the existing items only needs 8 such runs (and you'll have 200 crystals left over for a good start on the next item).
    that's nuts. I think when cove first came out I ran it fewer than 19 times and made a bunch of tier 3 items. A bunch. Now I can make one. Bring on the lag machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post

Don't run the numbers just yet, the scoring system for the Cove has been adjusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Forzah View Post
    don't forget the restoration part of it as well - and might not be exclusive.

Community Member

Upgrading the Rune Arm to Tier 3 REMOVES the Empty Yellow Slot??

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Don't run the numbers just yet, the scoring system for the Cove has been adjusted.

Thank you thank you! For looking at this. For one it will take a few different toons at various levels just to even get the appropriate gems... well that was the main clincher for me and the 19 perfect runs was a nail in the coffin.

Having, essentially, an Unyielding Sovereignty clicky with half the cool down would be really nice... just not THAT nice.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    when i logged in last night to check out the cove someone said a dev linked lvl 24 pair of the gloves so there may be lvl 24 items that just havent been added yet
    Demons run when a good man goes to war

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sonos View Post
    Thank you thank you! For looking at this. For one it will take a few different toons at various levels just to even get the appropriate gems.
    I think I read elsewhere that you can trade gems down on a 1:1 basis in U17.

Why is it that the upgrades to the Glass Cannon add Impulse when the runearm itself does Fire damage??

I'd rather see the Glass Cannon do Force damage. An AoE exploding Force Shot would be sooooo cool!!

Quote Originally Posted by rimble View Post
    I think I read elsewhere that you can trade gems down on a 1:1 basis in U17.
    That would be cool and also makes sense. Makes sense that someone would trade you something "less valuable" for something "more valuable".

Any confirmation on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Why is it that the upgrades to the Glass Cannon add Impulse when the runearm itself does Fire damage??

I'd rather see the Glass Cannon do Force damage. An AoE exploding Force Shot would be sooooo cool!!

Sure would be. Agreed. But this will still help your BBs, Prismatic Strikes, and Tactical Detonation to a huge degree.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sonos View Post
    That would be cool and also makes sense. Makes sense that someone would trade you something "less valuable" for something "more valuable".

Any confirmation on this?
    http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...83&postcount=1

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast