Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

That cool down is a joke. The only classes that I can think of who would use something like that are some fighters and barbs....and that is if they don't have silver flame pots. Most everyone else should be able to use heal scrolls or spells over that.
    Officer - Eternal Wrath
    Burne Level 20 Human Paladin
    Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by elraido View Post
    That cool down is a joke. The only classes that I can think of who would use something like that are some fighters and barbs....and that is if they don't have silver flame pots. Most everyone else should be able to use heal scrolls or spells over that.
    Does it work while helpless? If so, that would make it useful for quests where we take a lot of stat damage.
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • One loot system to rule them all. (Including Cannith Crafting, and Named Loot.)
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Adjusting Challenge XP so that they're worth running more than once.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinusWyllt View Post
    There is a new gem exchange that allows downgrading gems at a rate of 1:1.
    Oh finally, thank god, that's the best new addition I've heard yet.

Quote Originally Posted by elraido View Post
    Its handy to have even for classes that can use heal scrolls and even spells, not using up SP and not susceptible to failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    Total dragonshards needed: 5500 (that's 19 perfect cove runs, with 300 shards each run).
    19*(20/60)=6.33 hours lol, no thanks!

Community Member

I don't understand the griping on the Heal potion...it's what is traditionally known as an 'oh ****' button, those are always nice to have in your pocket, particularly for characters that don't have any built in already.

However, they should also have these continue to scale up to 20+, so that at that point they're healing about 250-300 raw before any other things that might increase them (amp, enhancements, artificer, whatever). A base 110 point Heal every 5 minutes is not a functional 'oh ****' button at level 25.

No comments on the cost since the reward ratio is still in flux.
    Last edited by rimble; 01-24-2013 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFX View Post
    Does it work while helpless? If so, that would make it useful for quests where we take a lot of stat damage.
    That's a good question. If it does I could see a lower tier of it for IQ quests if I go helpless before getting a greater restore scroll off.

Just last night, actually, in Jeets only twice got rendered helpless and that was easily more than 5 minutes apart.

I second that a much better item would be BTA and x amount of clickys per rest.

These are situational on different classes. BTC is a lazy mechanism added onto an already mindboggling grind to fully upgrade.

So it might be useful in this life, but if I TR into another class this might be useful but since it's BTC it's still taking up space in the bank.

And do I want to grind say out an item for level 1, 5, 9, 11 and have those take up space in my bank on classes where I don't need it?

This is to me very silly, just like the whole philosophy behind BTC on ANYTHING below level 20.

Endless rum bottle should eventually get Greater Restoration - At least for a lvl 24 tier.

Quote Originally Posted by rimble View Post
    I don't understand the griping on the Heal potion...it's what is traditionally known as an 'oh ****' button, those are always nice to have in your pocket, particularly for characters that don't have any built in already.

However, they should also have these continue to scale up to 20+, so that at that point they're healing about 250-300 raw before any other things that might increase them (amp, enhancements, artificer, whatever). A base 110 point Heal every 5 minutes is not a functional 'oh ****' button at level 25.

No comments on the cost since the reward ratio is still in flux.
    ^ this ^

Until we know how dragonshards are effected by the change to a star based scoring system, we don't know how much of a grind this will be.

BUT I intend to make one for my main when he is tanking and one for my dark monk as a minimum. Being able to handle one more oh **** moment every 5 minutes is valuable to me.

New recipe in the barter box to "trade down" your gems. All trade-downs are at a 1:1 ratio.

Star Sapphire --> Diamond --> Ruby --> Amethyst --> Obsidian --> Alabaster

Star Ruby --> Emerald --> Sapphire --> Topaz --> Amber --> Pyrite
    Would be nice to some exchange for the Gold/Silver/Copper Dubloons. I think I was always looking for Copper and had tons of Gold.

I think I was always looking for Copper and had tons of Gold.
    Everyone ends up with tons of extra gold doubloons, and Turbine has shown no interest of any kind in changing it.

A new consumable that uses gold coins would be perfect. Make it outrageous... 20 minute +1 loot boost for 10,000 gold coins. Better than nothing!
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Everyone ends up with tons of extra gold doubloons, and Turbine has shown no interest of any kind in changing it.

A new consumable that uses gold coins would be perfect. Make it outrageous... 20 minute +1 loot boost for 10,000 gold coins. Better than nothing!
    gold coins for guild renown... i threw away a lot of stacks of gold coins.. they were weighing me down...
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 12/12), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-EC 32/36), Whatthetruck(Raid farmer-2nd life).. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Community Member

To everyone questioning the usefulness of the upgraded rum, I can think of a number of times in things like Elite Shroud runs or TOD (at level.. not capped) where the healer(s) are just barely able to keep up and a single heal would be the difference between a wipe or completion.
    Also, sometimes I scroll raise people while still dodging mobs.. being able to chug a pot while scrolling also has interest.
    Lastly, I would say even capped, if you don't have a way to clear neg levels, this aspect of it is a "eh.. every 5 minutes" type of thing more than the healing aspect. When soloing on my Archmage WF, healing is never a problem but occasionally the neg levels can be.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sillk View Post
    Would be nice to some exchange for the Gold/Silver/Copper Dubloons. I think I was always looking for Copper and had tons of Gold.
    Yeah, the drop rates seem backwards on this to me as well.. maybe at lower levels it's reversed? Anyone tried it on a tween?

Quote Originally Posted by Sillk View Post
    Use your gold doubloons here

http://disney.go.com/disneyjunior/ja...ideout-1927166
    Ghallanda Rerolled
    LeLodar LeLothian LeLoki LeLoman LeLonia LeLog

Both items seem weak, the potion for the cd, and the rune arm for the - fort. With that arm you can't get to the 156% fort on a fleshy arty and wf artis will need to work in an exceptional fort 25 item in addition to brace for impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Both items seem weak, the potion for the cd, and the rune arm for the - fort. With that arm you can't get to the 156% fort on a fleshy arty and wf artis will need to work in an exceptional fort 25 item in addition to brace for impact.
    Keep in mind that the rune arm is the first rune arm with two added effects to the repeater and with a negative that you can counter adding a exceptional fort item. It also comes with 120 Impulse spell power. No other rune arm including Corruption of nature does that. So it's a rune arm with dual effect (the fireball AOE being weak) and adding a dual damage to the repeater.

On top of that you can slot something like greater evocation into the yellow augment. There's lot of potential in this one but since it's fire based it's not going to be as good as say pure acid or force.

The potion seems situational. Many write about the oh **** factor wich is correct, but that's a lot of grinding for an item that's BTC. Adding two would make the idea a little better, but they share the same timer so that's a waste. I'm definately making the rune arm and I might even farm to make more and sell them on the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    Keep in mind that the rune arm is the first rune arm with two added effects to the repeater and with a negative that you can counter adding a exceptional fort item. It also comes with 120 Impulse spell power. No other rune arm including Corruption of nature does that. So it's a rune arm with dual effect (the fireball AOE being weak) and adding a dual damage to the repeater.

On top of that you can slot something like greater evocation into the yellow augment. There's lot of potential in this one but since it's fire based it's not going to be as good as say pure acid or force.

The potion seems situational. Many write about the oh **** factor wich is correct, but that's a lot of grinding for an item that's BTC. Adding two would make the idea a little better, but they share the same timer so that's a waste. I'm definately making the rune arm and I might even farm to make more and sell them on the AH.
    I understand that the rune arm is good for extra dps. That said I can't see ever using it unless I tr to a wf arti. (Mine is currently fleshy) So lets say that I have every fort item 100+25+10+40 would be 175% -25 puts it down to 150% which for the most part will do fine as most sa mobs are going to be lower but the highest sneak attacking mobs are cr56 from my understanding which means that they will have a 6% chance to sa and crit you. You roll bad against an ee mob and they crit you, you die, dead is 0 dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    I understand that the rune arm is good for extra dps. That said I can't see ever using it unless I tr to a wf arti. (Mine is currently fleshy) So lets say that I have every fort item 100+25+10+40 would be 175% -25 puts it down to 150% which for the most part will do fine as most sa mobs are going to be lower but the highest sneak attacking mobs are cr56 from my understanding which means that they will have a 6% chance to sa and crit you. You roll bad against an ee mob and they crit you, you die, dead is 0 dps.
    I don't have one char with more then 100% in fort and have so far never been crit to death in one hit. I guess it's possible but it sure won't happen that often. I'm just looking at the most likely scenario here. Unlike say the neg level from the Glorious Obscenity or the SP drain from the Mind Sunder one, this negative is something you can at least work to minimize.

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    I don't have one char with more then 100% in fort and have so far never been crit to death in one hit. I guess it's possible but it sure won't happen that often. I'm just looking at the most likely scenario here. Unlike say the neg level from the Glorious Obscenity or the SP drain from the Mind Sunder one, this negative is something you can at least work to minimize.
    Well I haven't been one shot but I don't go into ee without brace for impact twisted and a 25% exceptional fort on top of heavy fort. That said ee mobs can easily hit for 200hp on a normal hit, if that particular mob has a x3 crit mod, you're talking an easy 600hp damage. It may not be a true one shot but when healing some ee's I've seen toons that were only down a sliver of health (less than 10%) suddenly go to dead from only having heavy fort and getting hit by a sneak attacking mob.

edit*
    The mindsunder one does allways drain sp, but the other arms that can give neg levels don't when you are true neutral. With how true neutral takes the least damage it is the best alignment for an arti to be. Honestly unless the toon has requirements for specific alignments all my toons are true neutral because of the decreased damage it takes.
    Last edited by Charononus; 01-25-2013 at 02:15 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast