Hybrid View

Default radII or LitII repeater

Im am currently 13/6/1 rogue arti fighter (first life rogue) and I'm looking to build a (second) GS repeater. I currently have an earthgrab repeater, but I'm getting a little bored with it and want a new toy. I get alot out of sneak attack damage, but I'm wondering if the boost to sneak from everything being blind will overcome the damage output of the litII lightning strike. Any input would be nice, thanks

Community Member

As I understand it (and I'm asking for corrections if I get this wrong), the Blindness proc works only when you crit (though it has no save, which is real nice) and is of pretty short duration (3 seconds or something along those lines). It might still be worth considering but, before making the investment in GS mats and Shards, see if you can find one with the Radiance effect on the AH. It can be found on random lootgen items.

For that matter, so can the Lightning Storm proc from Lit2 (though certainly not the additional enhancements). My Rogue has a random lootgen Rapier with that effect on it and I hate to say that I have been underwhelmed with it, as the proc rate is none too high (no idea if the GS item would proc more often). I was hoping to be able to craft a Lit2 repeater for my Arti, but I'm one Supreme Shard short so no joy until level 16 or so (when I normally work on getting flagged for Shroud). I think I'd make the same recommendation- find a lootgen item with LS on it before you go spending GS mats.
    In an election, always vote for the candidate who likes big butts....because, you know, they cannot lie.

KCCO

Quote Originally Posted by LordMond63 View Post
    As I understand it (and I'm asking for corrections if I get this wrong), the Blindness proc works only when you crit (though it has no save, which is real nice) and is of pretty short duration (3 seconds or something along those lines). It might still be worth considering but, before making the investment in GS mats and Shards, see if you can find one with the Radiance effect on the AH. It can be found on random lootgen items.

For that matter, so can the Lightning Storm proc from Lit2 (though certainly not the additional enhancements). My Rogue has a random lootgen Rapier with that effect on it and I hate to say that I have been underwhelmed with it, as the proc rate is none too high (no idea if the GS item would proc more often). I was hoping to be able to craft a Lit2 repeater for my Arti, but I'm one Supreme Shard short so no joy until level 16 or so (when I normally work on getting flagged for Shroud). I think I'd make the same recommendation- find a lootgen item with LS on it before you go spending GS mats.
    With a Rad II Repeater, it's usually more than 3 seconds--I think it's at least 6, but most things die quicker than that--and about a 20% chance to land a crit per shot with improved critical: ranged. My rogue (Rogue 16/Arti 1) tends to switch between the Rad II and the Doublecross bow mostly based on the proportion of "nasty casters". (Nightshade venom blocks casting most of the time, blinding not so much and when they are "sleeping" you get 150% damage anyway). For most trash that shoots back or hits back without spells, the Rad II is nice because it gives a 50% chance for them to miss.

My only experience with a Lightning strike is on a lootgen set of handwraps I made into a collar for my Arti's dog and fooling around with the Thundering Crescent. The proc rate seems to be pretty rare compared to the damage you get from laying in sneak attack on a rogue with radiance.

So, from a rogue perspective, I suggest Rad II for both locking in sneak attack on susceptible enemies and increasing survivability against melee and ranged non-casting enemy mobs. Get/use a Doublecross bow as well (Spinner of shadows) for susceptible casters.