Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

Default Update 17: Event #6 - Experience part 3

Hello! Yet another Experience and Gear event.

I will be waiting for you atop the Leaky Dinghy Tavern in the Harbor on the following day and time to hand out Heroic/Epic Experience and random loot!

Saturday, January 26th from 9am to 12pm

All times are Eastern (GMT-5)

Smiles,
    Squeak

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post

I will be waiting for you atop the Leaky Dinghy Tavern in the Harbor on the following day and time to hand out Heroic/Epic Experience and random loot!

Smiles,
    Squeak

You are a kind type of person, of this I approve mightily. It is unfortunate, however, that I do not have internet access at the weekend. I shall stew in my own cloud of "I bet everybody is getting really cool stuff and my druid totally needs good armour" - but I shall quench the fumes of envy with chocolate and possibly a new lipstick. Thanks for being one of the many players that makes the DDO community super cool!

There is nothing like a bit of stress-free slaughter to wind down after a busy day...and cake, there must also be cake.

Community Member Buttkierownsmade's Avatar

Smiles,
    Squeak

uhh squeak do you mean Event #5?
    "Treat People How you want to be Treated, be friends with me i will be friends back.."

Quote Originally Posted by Buttkierownsmade View Post
    uhh squeak do you mean Event #5?
    1) Event 5 is the Crystal Cove
    2) You question the person handing out the +5 tomes and eSoSs? Silly wabbit.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Lycurgus View Post
    1) Event 5 is the Crystal Cove
    2) You question the person handing out the +5 tomes and eSoSs? Silly wabbit.
    Ooohh, I just now Noticed that sorry!!
    "Treat People How you want to be Treated, be friends with me i will be friends back.."

12PM or AM?

12pm would be noonish 12 am would be 0-dark thirty

Community Member

In other words, 9am PST :P

after 9am its 10am and then 11am and then 12pm or am?

Talking

It was a great event today Squeak. Once again you proved your greatness. And really I think they should give you a raise for putting up with this mob of characters ( some of which imo need lessons how and when to grow up)

Unhappy

sorry I missed had to work with the ice

Community Member

Default It was fun

Thanks for the event Squeak - looking forward to the next one.

Hey Squeak I think it is really great that you have had so many events with this update. *high 5 *

Just wish it wasnt such a mob. Saw people picking up all the BTC stuff they could (never could understand why 1 character needed more than 1 or 2 weapons or armor or items that are BTC ) Or the people that grab tomes up before anyone else then put them up on AH for outragous prices I mean really what do they need PP for on Lamannia I understand somewhat on live but.....You pass PP out

But really I can see why the world is the way it is by just looking around at these events. And to those people that do these things all I will say is SHAME ON YOU sleep well knowing that you can take the fun outof a game for other people that just want to have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by 49dae13 View Post
    Hey Squeak I think it is really great that you have had so many events with this update. *high 5 *

Just wish it wasnt such a mob. Saw people picking up all the BTC stuff they could (never could understand why 1 character needed more than 1 or 2 weapons or armor or items that are BTC ) Or the people that grab tomes up before anyone else then put them up on AH for outragous prices I mean really what do they need PP for on Lamannia I understand somewhat on live but.....You pass PP out

But really I can see why the world is the way it is by just looking around at these events. And to those people that do these things all I will say is SHAME ON YOU sleep well knowing that you can take the fun outof a game for other people that just want to have fun.
    Honestly; I was there and there were so many Tomes laying around that first squek had to go up on the roof and drop citwn items (that were laying around forever) and then we had to move to the fountain. The only time people got grabby was when she dropped mats and plat. Other then that all named items including Tomes laid around until they timed out (long time). In fact so many named stuff was dropped that they stacked on top of each others and she had to go to instance 2 to continue. Those were the unbound alchemical. And trust me, I was there for the entire event.

I agree about greed on the AH - personally I dropped everything I double grabbed and could on the AH for almost nothing. I don't need more then 1 Tome and sometimes I double took a tome because I wasn't sure I grabbed one the first time.

I admit picking up more stone hearts because you don't know what version you're getting - but there were so many that some ended up littering the ocean bed in the harbor.

I suggest that she dropps mats only next time instead of spending almost an hour dropping augments. With a bunch of epic tokens, restored relics and accomendations (that also remained behind until the timed out) we could've just made what we wanted instead having her waste her time with 100 stacks of all the different variations.

And maybe they can even automate it like they have done with the XP; a guy that allows you to pick whatever mat you want out of the few you make things with and have a dev drop named items only.

And for all her effort dropping all that stuff I'm sure relatively few bothered making any alchemical stuff; personally I wish she would've spent more time dropping things you can make augmented items out of (Cannith challenges) or augmentmaking material since I do believe one of the reasons why we have these events is to test out the new system as much as possible. Like I noticed for example that you cannot remove named augments by cleansing the item. Only unnamed augments. The only way you can remove a named augment is by replacing it with a different augment. Kind of annoying.

Or maybe even drop more epic GH items so we can make sure their augments work correctly. As it was most people can't upgrade their citw stuff she dropped and check if the red slot works and few if any will do so with the alchemical (and why should you when most people grabbed citw stuff in the beginning?)

I like these events and I think it's in the best interest that Turbine have them. And human nature being what it is makes some of it kind of like Black Friday. However with a little bit more automation I'm sure this can be avoided. Why not have a guy next to say the epic twelve person give free tokens and why not free mats by the cannith challenge? Free relics and accomendations by the augments people in GH etc.

And keep the guide up at all time. We're there to test things out and the less congestion we get around these events the better.

Just my 15 cents I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    Honestly; I was there and there were so many Tomes laying around that first squek had to go up on the roof and drop citwn items (that were laying around forever) and then we had to move to the fountain. The only time people got grabby was when she dropped mats and plat. Other then that all named items including Tomes laid around until they timed out (long time). In fact so many named stuff was dropped that they stacked on top of each others and she had to go to instance 2 to continue. Those were the unbound alchemical. And trust me, I was there for the entire event.
    I missed it, my druid and my cleric made sad faces. My druid is half-orc, when she makes a sad face, you know about it, it cracks glass. Bless.

Good to know there are so many people out there that are enjoying the game for the sake of the game - bravo - faith in humanity RESTORED!!

Talking

Squeak, can you schedule event #7 for exp and loot?? I missed some bound alchemical ings and would appreciate some soon...

~titan

Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

It's great to see so many join for these Lamannia events! With more people gathering for the events, I'm looking into streamlining the process (particularly XP and Loot Events).

My first step is to upgrade my ability to fill the Auction House: I can now flood the AH with a wider variety of items (so long as they are auctionable.) This means that instead of getting auctionable items from me (ie: Various Crafting ingredients, Dragonscales, Relics, etc.), you can just drop by the Auction House!

Tonight I will fill the Auction House with the +5 Ability Tomes.

It's great to see so many join for these Lamannia events! With more people gathering for the events, I'm looking into streamlining the process (particularly XP and Loot Events).

My first step is to upgrade my ability to fill the Auction House: I can now flood the AH with a wider variety of items (so long as they are auctionable.) This means that instead of getting auctionable items from me (ie: Various Crafting ingredients, Dragonscales, Relics, etc.), you can just drop by the Auction House!

Tonight I will fill the Auction House with the +5 Ability Tomes.
    Excellent news.

In the next even please see if you can drop Epic Raid and regular tokens. I'd love to try all types of augments if possible. Also see if you can flood the AH with named GH items. I'd love to check out all the augments on said items because right now my guys have relatively few augmented items. Most of it is FR named stuff.

The reason I say this is so I can try out all of the augment system but the cost of twelve ones are prohibitive due to the use of tokens. I have tons of accomendations and restored relics since previous free gear events so I can try out those.

BTW - I noticed that you cannot cleanse items with the named augments in them; only items that have the regular augments. The only way you can get rid of named augments is by replacing them with another augment.

2016 DDO Players Council UurlockYgmeov's Avatar

Squeak et al - you are doing great!

I know it is allot to ask - but to streamline the process of testing - would it be possible to find a way to hand out favor? Sometimes you need the favor to test something (like upgrading CiTW weapons or the new dragon scale armor upgrades) - but it takes allot of time to grind it out.

Just a suggestion.

Keep up the good work!

I like the NPC guide. Great to have a way to level exactly where it is needed to do the questing you want to test. Gear or not, being able to zoom into the level you need to focus testing on is a huge time saver for lamannia!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast