Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Personally I'm excited that crystal cove will be coming back at some point. The suggestion for lowering turn in amounts for low populated servers is a very good idea. I have a toon on Wayfinder and I shudder to think how difficult it must be to get those doors open.
    Check out my new blog/website. I'm a gamer girl at heart and I'm here to stay

Quote Originally Posted by Glenalth View Post
    While they are the most extreme case, scaling it for the population on all servers would be a nice touch.
    Or at least have it open on a timer (say every 2 hours), and then have turn ins used to activate additional openings.
    Star Firefall
    20 Rogue Assasin
    Currently on life 42 of 42 (Final Life!)

Did anything change inside the cove?
    Yes, something changed inside the cove. There's apparently a new colossal crystal, and according to devs, there's now star-based objectives.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlathen View Post
    Sorry Kookie, but your 6pm-8pm EST is 11pm-2am here in the EU. As a person with a partner, family and full time job I won't be staying up that late just get in the event.

Sorry, but no.
    Actually, that's the time in the UK, and I think maybe - maybe - spain. pretty much the rest of europe it's one to three hours later than that.

Of course I've no idea what the population percentages are amongst the players but even so, I can't help thinking they'd be better off holding an event for NA, one for EU and one for asia-pacific-australia.

The issue is of course, manpower from turbine (including factoring for things like 'our staff deserve a life too'), and the fact that this is on a preview server so the number of players who'd be taking part is already limited, and people spending more time on Lamm is less time they spend on live spending money in the store... means it may not be worth it at all.

Maybe they should just cycle through each area once per update, so U17 might be NA, U18 EU, and U19 asia-pacific then U20 back to NA?

Dunno, just shooting the breeze really. Point is that they're putting it within an 'awake' timescale for anyone outside NA is pretty decent of them, but you can't please the globe when it comes to timezones. Stupid astrophysics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Lithic View Post
    Or at least have it open on a timer (say every 2 hours), and then have turn ins used to activate additional openings.
    Either would work very well. It would also be nice for the people who play in weird time zones.
    Check out my new blog/website. I'm a gamer girl at heart and I'm here to stay

Community Member

Default Hah! ... agreed

As a player from a truly silly time-zone, this is why I never went for Llama, Etc.
    It's tough enough to find a group - and I am REALLY not fussy about my fellow puggers - when you are GMT +6 (7 atm for daylight doodah.)
    We're a minority player base, Turbine doesn't like credit cards from many of our IPs, no one is awake when we are - well, ... we chose to play a USA based game with a US 'n EU player base. If they get both the cookies AND the cream, that's kinda how it should be.
    Us, the Aussies, the Kiwis, (the Easter Islanders! ) have got used to it.
    Surely it's much better lamma stuff gets tested when the most players can beat the **** out of it - most chance of things going wrong (for fixing) or everything WAI having good odds of behaving itself live.
    Maybe we only get to attend cool stuff by bunking off work or being awake in the middle of the night ... but if missing this is what helps Lamnarnia keep most of the bugs in the wardrobe, it's a good deal.

tl;dr Fix events for USA time - don't worry about the rest of us. (no sarcasm)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    So I haven't seen anyone post yet. (Maybe I missed it?)

Did anything change inside the cove?
    You mean the challenge itself right? I ran a level 25 version (it goes up to 30 now) on my capped sorc. It works exactly the same as far as torches mobs and crystals go. At least from what I saw. I soloed it, so there was no scouting involved. I found enough crystals at the waterfall to hit quota. I spent the rest of the time running the line and ddoor-ing back to fight the mobs. The bosses were all the same. The only thing that might be different is the mobs seem a bit softer and I didn't get crippled constantly by skeletal archers. As far as mob HP is concerned, they could seem softer because my sorc hits much much harder than she did before MOTU.

how dare Turbine not accommodate every single person in the world no matter where they live or what their particular work schedule is! =P
    ~ *Nikibrik* - The Prime Healer (All EDs Capped) | Brogburt - The Warlord (All EDs Capped) | Kallistie - The Arch Necromancer | Capricio - The Lore-keeper | Thorbim - The Outlaw ~
    Thelanis ~ <The True Path>

Thumbs up

well got the glass cannon for my arti Yosimmitysam not bad except for the -25 fot thing but i can work with it. The bottomless flask of rum is nice dont really notice the cool down so i got 3 of them for fighter rouge and dwarf arti thanks to the drops

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12