Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Did I miss ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ajsme View Post
    Hmm - since its nearly impossible for a max level character to get some of those gems - looks like your going to have to run 4-5 characters at various levels to get all the different gems you will need.
    There was also a "gem trade-down" in the barter box, I believe. I don't have the details as I'm not logged in now.

I don't have the materials to make a fully upgraded flask, but did have enough copper doubloons to buy 2x tier 1 flasks. So, definitely not exclusive. Using one put the other on cooldown though, so there is no practical benefit to possessing multiple flasks of the same tier. Don't know how flasks of differing tiers/cooldown lengths would interact.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    5 min Cooldown. Really? REALLY??

I think a 1-2 min Cooldown would be more reasonable.
    Its the same cooldown as an epic destiny heal clicky, so I'd say a 5 min cooldown for a lvl 11 clicky is quite reasonable.

As to the lack of exclusivity, don't count on it remaining like that. The ornamented dagger wasn't originally exclusive either.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibor View Post
    There was also a "gem trade-down" in the barter box, I believe. I don't have the details as I'm not logged in now.
    Yes. It is a 1-to-1 trade-down, e.g., 1 Emerald -> 1 Sapphire

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by btolson View Post
    Yes. It is a 1-to-1 trade-down, e.g., 1 Emerald -> 1 Sapphire
    Which means we'll be wearing out our mice some more.

*clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclic kclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclic kclickclickclickclick*

Why couldn't they have put it at 5 to 5, or 10 to 10?

my arti just got a loot stiffy from that rune arm
    Shadowsteel [TR train wreck]

Quote Originally Posted by WielderofGigantus View Post
    Which means we'll be wearing out our mice some more.

*clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclic kclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclic kclickclickclickclick*

Why couldn't they have put it at 5 to 5, or 10 to 10?
    Indeed. Still no batch recipes for anything. WHYYYY?

If this is an impossibility for some reason, I wish a dev would just chime in and say so. Haven't we whined about this enough yet?

Default Level 24 upgrades

By any chance, are level 24 items planned for U18, and just not in *yet*? Please let it be so.
    Ghallanda
    Thairos - ETRing Artificer * Khryll - 28 Clonk * Jarkxle - 28 Swashbuckler * Jaherian - 25 Druid

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSteel View Post
    my arti just got a loot stiffy from that rune arm
    More like carpel tunnel.

It's not exclusive, but the cooldown is shared among all flasks in inventory.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by Glenalth View Post
    It's not exclusive, but the cooldown is shared among all flasks in inventory.
    5 minutes makes this near useless as a heal item. I would think a 1-2 min cool down would be acceptable and not game breaking.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbeak07 View Post
    5 minutes makes this near useless as a heal item. I would think a 1-2 min cool down would be acceptable and not game breaking.
    5 min timer seems completely reasonable for how little effort CC items are. It's a panic button you can use a few times a quest.

I bet a lot of people make and hotbar one of these despite the inevitable "it's too weak!" complaints.

That said I'm a bit disappointed that there's not lvl 24 versions of the CC items, even if it was just basic incremental upgrades like mabar got it would have been nice to keep it them a bit more relevant. Of course it appears we are getting an amazing amount of new gear with this update, so maybe we'll get upgraded CC stuff next time around
    Last edited by Dolphious; 01-23-2013 at 07:15 PM.
    Gildus, Yhvain, Sabathiel, Einion

Cannith, GOCI
    Be Chill, have fun

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Seems more like the emergency...

* remove self enfeeblestupid
    * heal the healer
    * afk bio, *click heal*

It makes it quite useful as a heal and restoration item, and miles ahead of other healing items in the game. A 1 minute cool-down would be game breaking.

It's not meant to replace all of your healing for most content, it is just a supplement.

My only issue with it is the amount of grind to get it to top tier. Hoping the payouts for level 25 characters are a bit higher to make up for it.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

It requires 19 full shard cove runs to get one fully upgraded.

They are not exclusive, but share cooldown, so no purpose in having more than one. They appear to be instant cast. I didn't notice the standard potion quaffing animation. No idea if it can be targeted on someone else. Gut says no.

Lower level gems are not a problem with the new gem trade-down option.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    It requires 19 full shard cove runs to get one fully upgraded.

They are not exclusive, but share cooldown, so no purpose in having more than one. They appear to be instant cast. I didn't notice the standard potion quaffing animation. No idea if it can be targeted on someone else. Gut says no.

Lower level gems are not a problem with the new gem trade-down option.
    It was using the potion animation when I was messing around with them earlier. Was standing still at the time if that winds up making a difference. I did not try targeting it.
    AoK @ Argonnessen

While the Flask of Rum does have its benefits, I'm just not sure its worth the grind.

Guess if I'm going to grind that much, I want an item that I can use more.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Exploding shot isn't that great on a runearm damage wise, its AoE but you only get two damage hits (one bludgeoning/force, the other fire) vs. 4 for Toven's or 5 for the shot runearms. I'm assuming here that it works like strinati's hand cannon.

However, with runearms the proof is in the pudding so I guess its a case of trying it out to see how effective it is in practice vs. the other options.

I can see it being useful for a pure force spec'd arti however, as they don't have AoE options otherwise (essentially this runearm would trade the high single target damage from lucid/archaic for AoE damage, making it quite situational).

The -25Fort is also likely to be painful to accommodate on builds that use yugo pots.

Does it have any augment slots?

Quote Originally Posted by Loriac View Post

Does it have any augment slots?

Found this in another thread:

CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Found this in another thread:

Interesting, it doesn't list a save vs. damage. I'll have to check strinati's and see if that allows saves or not.

From looking at the other thread, the tier 2 to tier 3 upgrade seems pointless (114 Force to 120 Force). It would be much better in my view if this was changed to something useful, say tier 3 gives you a green slot or perhaps major kinetic lore. As it is, I doubt I'd grind for 1000 shards just to get a +6 increase in Force spellpower.

Edit: on second thought, bludgeon is probably not affected by kinetic lore.
    Last edited by Loriac; 01-24-2013 at 06:30 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast