Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    Now I may be off the mark as I have seen another post here indicating they would go with white for their monk, so i must be missing something since I dont see white as being desirable.
    For a defensively focused (WIS/dex) monk, there may be some appeal in the while scale over the black or red scale, and maybe some sort of evasion tank would want the white hide, but other than that I'm not seeing much potential interest in the white armors.

Default Underdone defense

As far as I'm concerned, the white scale is the Nullmagic Aura equivalent of the new dragonscales.

Focused on defense, but it's either too little, too late or just not significant enough for anyone to care.

I love my defense-oriented characters from a roleplaying perspective, but we all know how useful they are outside of tanking (a few particular) raid bosses. After that, 99% of the game is having enough damage mitigation to *actually kill things* and this armor provides very little of the former and none of the latter.

People's suggestions of greater/superior mobility and exceptional fortification would go a long way to making this armor not completely irrelevant.
    Character Compendium

Community Member

I appoligize if I came across as snarky that is not my intent.

Currently on lamaland the GH drops are escalated, and will probably remain that way for a couple of weeks then the rate will drop to the levels of red and greens, as all things coming live tend to do.

There are other items with 2 and some with 3 slots coming from low level quests as shown in feathers augment slot revamp, so I dont see slottability as the draw.

I wasnt trivializing ac.. as any ac/prr is better than no ac/prr, my point is that the white is weak on the desirability and when compared to the other armors is white the one you would want to finish with.

Now I may be off the mark as I have seen another post here indicating they would go with white for their monk, so i must be missing something since I dont see white as being desirable.
    Actually, per FoS http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...83#post4860583, the drop rates for epic are going to be same as they are on heroic. 1 on EN, 1d2 on EH, 1d2+1 on EE.

Community Member

I thought the white dragonscale was pretty good...My twf paladin has 115ac unbuffed and like 145 with a shield (in unyielding sentinal) a dodge bonus would be pointless imo

Community Member

The way I see it.... the lack of choices is what caused the Pidgeon-holing, nothing else gave what you could get from Icy's until the Cannith challenge Bracers came along. If you wanted a good AC dodge PJ build that was the endgame gear, anything else was a placeholder until you got Icy's.
    All the rules have changed with the changes in to hits, glancing blows and increased mob damage.. now its about PRR+dodge+Blurr+Ghostly over and above AC.

There are more choices now with the Spidersilk caprisons, random drop robes with things like omniscience..etc.., and now even the random drops will have a chance of augment slots.

When I look at the dragon Armors for my endgame melee build fighters, Tanks, rogues, rangers, monks, monk splash builds... White is not even on the radar. I see Black, Black, Black, old red, the new cormyrian red, black, black, black, spiderqueen, random drop planeforged....

There is nothing in the white armor that gives me that... oohh thats nice... i can make that work...
    All I see when I look at the white armor is ... meh... waste of scales and time...

Lots of convesation in the channels of the new gear and how to fit this with that.. green vs blue, black and reds... there is no supportive conversations on whites.

This will become apparent when we see trades in live: 5 white scales for 1 black or 1 blue scale.. anyone...???.. followed by the uncomfortable silence or the mocking... I'll give you a LDS to stop advertising that trade...
    Hey man,
    Granted I have a few toons that can utilize 100% of the current white bonuses..but here is my take on the white/black monk situation:
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=405183

with the bonus breakdowns given I feel having white AND black available for different purposes would be the best bet...overlooking the outstanding HP bump and AC bumps from white in any sort of defensive situation would be a mistake IMO.
    Reckter: 28 heroic, 3 iconic and 19 eic PLs, now a 17 art/3rog shadar-kai. Anhilliation: 3x wiz/sorc PLs, 13 epic PLs now a dwarf 17barb/3bard. . Vikzor: 2xfvs + 4x epic PL horc 19fvs 1 fighter. Rekter: 3x rog & 1 fighter + 4 epic PLs, h-orc 13 rogue 6 monk 1 druid. Veisha: 3x bard + 4 epic PLs, PDK 16 bard 4 fighter.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123