Community Member

Default idea for Battle Engineer II

Extend the stat effects of BE I, of course, and grant a new stance, Suppression Fire or something, that granted ranged attacks the ability to cause glancing blows to targets within a small (same as aoe burst affixes on weapons) circular AOE of your target, with a chance for weapon effects equal to your Arti level plus INT mod * 10, and exclusive of PS and IPS stances. Sort of a ranged answer to THF.

Maybe recharge EF at 1 per 2 min too like Cleric turns

I want to see a magical ability that turns the Xbow into a Ballista for a few shots that do AOE super damage.
    Sarkiki - Orexis - Pallikaria - Epithymia - Musouka - Empnefsi | Cannith Server

That sounds like a good idea, OP. Personally though, I'd like to see a crowd-control effect of some kind. Melees get trip and stunning blow, so it would be nice to something like, say, an explosive bolt that has a chance of stunning targets, or something that slows movement speed.

Also, how about an ability that gives additional PRR when a shield is equipped, or a shield bonus to AC when a rune-arm is equipped? Some artificers like to melee, even though it's not optimal.

I'd like to see the ability to expand on, improve, or otherwise make the Turret summon more useful and flexible. Different elemental effects, make it a small scale trebuchet or balista, greater range on their pinwheel effects, etc.

Or the ability to summon/create Golems instead of Turrets. More powerful versions as we level up.

How about a stacking Keen on our weapon?

I would also like an inherent ability to bypass Fortification on constructs in general.
    Bacab Warforged 18 Arty (Active) Hjealer Dwarven Battle Cleric 10CLR/1FTR
    Atropine Human 11 WIZ/1ROG (Active)
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

I'd settle for the repeater animation allowing for quickened spells to go off.

It's either this, lag, or occasional trip/stun that kills me.

Realistically, if Endless Fusillade uses recharged 1 per every 2-5 mins?

Ability to apply 2 infusions on your crossbow would be pretty sweet as well...
    Daishado

"drink triple ... see double ... act single! uh oh wife aggro" *hides*

Default Be ii

Artificer Battle Engineer II

Usage: Passive
    Cost: 2 action points
    Progression: 42 action points
    Requires One of: Acid Manipulation VI, Frost Manipulation VI, Storm Manipulation VI, Flame Manipulation VI, Force Manipulation VI
    Requires All of: Battle Engineer I, Artificer Crossbow Attack II, Weapon Focus: Ranged Weapons
    Available to Artificer class level 12
    You gain an additional 5 hit points, reduce arcane spell failure from armor by an additional 5%, and have an additional +1 to both confirm critical hits and critical damage (before multipliers). Any weapon you wield in your main hand gains an additional +1 enhancement bonus (which stacks with the Enchant Weapon spell).
    The 15% reduction to arcane spell failure from armor does not affect the arcane spell failure from warforged plating.

This enhancement automatically grants the following:

Action Boost: Grenade Launcher
    You may activate this ability to enchant your crossbow to fire grenades in relation to a chosen school of evocation (acid, ice, electricity, fire, force). Cooldown 45 sec. 5 uses per rest.

I envision this grenade launcher as a meteor swarm (Wiz/Sorc) or comet fall (cleric/Fvs) effect.
    --Fallen Immortals, Thelanis

Turn the Iron Defender into an Iron Golem.
    That which does not kill you gives you experience points.

(Fighter->Fighter->Fighter->Monk->Monk->Barbarian->Paladin->Ranger)

Quote Originally Posted by dodger72 View Post
    Artificer Battle Engineer II

Usage: Passive
    Cost: 2 action points
    Progression: 42 action points
    Requires One of: Acid Manipulation VI, Frost Manipulation VI, Storm Manipulation VI, Flame Manipulation VI, Force Manipulation VI
    Requires All of: Battle Engineer I, Artificer Crossbow Attack II, Weapon Focus: Ranged Weapons
    Available to Artificer class level 12
    You gain an additional 5 hit points, reduce arcane spell failure from armor by an additional 5%, and have an additional +1 to both confirm critical hits and critical damage (before multipliers). Any weapon you wield in your main hand gains an additional +1 enhancement bonus (which stacks with the Enchant Weapon spell).
    The 15% reduction to arcane spell failure from armor does not affect the arcane spell failure from warforged plating.

This enhancement automatically grants the following:

Action Boost: Grenade Launcher
    You may activate this ability to enchant your crossbow to fire grenades in relation to a chosen school of evocation (acid, ice, electricity, fire, force). Cooldown 45 sec. 5 uses per rest.

I envision this grenade launcher as a meteor swarm (Wiz/Sorc) or comet fall (cleric/Fvs) effect.

This is essentially a whole feat for 5 HP...if you are a WF Arty. And a Meteor Swarm Clicky.

I would rate this almost as good as Deepwood Sniper or Tempest III
    Bacab Warforged 18 Arty (Active) Hjealer Dwarven Battle Cleric 10CLR/1FTR
    Atropine Human 11 WIZ/1ROG (Active)
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

I'd pay a couple AP not to have to watch that painful slow (while cool to watch the first time) "tinkering with my crossbow" animation before endless starts.