Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BtC - BtA!

Quote Originally Posted by Musouka View Post
    No. You want an item on a new character, earn it on the new character.

Otherwise you could just level up to level cap in an easy soloable build and grind raids and other items, send them over to another character that is fully twinked with named and BTC items.

It would also lead to more loot drama within raids.
    well according to this rule, all items should be deleted on true reincarnation then, as it is new character......what you described is exactly what happens on tr.

but yea raid items are not meant to be bta, some lesser items could be unoundable or rebindable, like items that were bound and attuned by ritual. event items should have been bta in first place, some are like cc event items, its the typical lack of consistency.
    "If you're not having fun, you're doing something wrong."
    — Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    don't like to let good loot rot in chests or in their own banks.
    This is my problem with it in the end. Having loot sitting in the bank that I no longer use or will no longer use that I could give to a different toon that could use it instead of having to remake or reloot it. Of course the other part of it is knowing there are going to be guys out there with 10 stealer of souls some of which won't be getting used because they actually could use it at some point in their tring process and after that it was no longer needed and could not be transferred.

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    What do you have against Orien?
    Absolutely nothing!

It was just the first server I was able to transfer my characters off {I had only two characters there in the first place and one of them I deleted and remade on Sarlona - The other I transferred}.

Hi,

Q: Why can't I just have what I want? I'm even prepared to pay for it!
    A: Because there may be bad consequences for other people and the game itself.

OP, your request may seem innocuous to you, but it could ultimately affect often raids are run and how loot is shared in them.

I am very glad that we aren't yet at the point where someone with money demands something on the forums and Turbine employees rush to accommodate their every wish. Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full sir!
    Did I mention anything about Money? {I'm assuming you're talking about Real Money here}!

In fact I specifically talked about this being an opportunity to make Purified Ebs more useful! - These are NOT Raid items!
    I used the Yellow Dopant as an example {This is a Raid item BUT it was just an example of something in game that does a similar job}.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Same diff...and your "one item per char" policy would kinda turn this into a "specifically fix my problem" suggestion. The only reason you'd want to transfer one BtC item is because you're wiping one toon to start another, and thats basically what the whole TR mechanism is for. TR serves the role that Heirloom-type systems do in other games.

Plus, there are lots of rewards that are BtC and given out on a per-char basis. Things like anniversary rewards, etc. The one-per-char mechanism would only encourage people to make a bunch of throwaway chars so they could collect extra rewards for their mains, whenever such rewards were handed around.
    Yeah yeah - It's My suggestion = I have My reasons to make said suggestion.

I have made a Cloak of Night {example} - Unfortunately I made it on the wrong character - I have no intention of deleting that character BUT I'd like to be able to transfer the Cloak to a Character who can actually use it!

I have run a Raid on my Main {Battle Cleric} and have rolled on an item that my Rogue would love {I win the roll then realise - Aaargh BtC! - AFTER looting!}
    NOT something I personally am likely to do these days however I have made this mistake in the past and know I'm not alone!

I have run 50 Shrouds on my main {Battle Cleric - Actually 27 atm but she ain't stopping there} YET I have 23 other characters on that server {All of whom must run Shrouds for Shards - BtC}
    Wouldn't it be nice if I could transfer ONE of the dozens of Supremes my main has picked up to a character I'm planning on TRing the instant it hits 20?

See - 3 Reasons already that DON'T mean "I'm wiping one toon to Start another"

And - Anniversary Rewards - Do you really think it's NOT possible for the Devs to make these COMPLETELY Un-Transferable if needed?

And YET AGAIN - I'm not against making this a limited per toon bonus.
    And One per toon would be a very small bonus to me personally - That character has had a lot of work go into him {there's nothing can be done about the Tomes he's read, the Lesser Heart he's used etc.}
    There'll still be a number of items I'd have to delete along with him BUT at least I'd be able to transfer ONE BtC item to one of my other characters on said server.

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Can we please have some way {no matter how rare} to turn BtCharacter items into BtAccount!

I decided yesterday to delete one of my 10 characters on Sarlona {have not done so yet as Shared Bank is full and so are 3 of his inventory bags still!}
    I noticed that he has TWO Cloaks of Night {8 and 12} - He also has an Icy Bursted Falchion and a few other BtC items!

As things stand I'm going to have to accept the loss on deletion as I have no intention of continuing to play this character.

It would be nice however if you {devs} could figure out some way to put into game a mechanic for transferring BtC to BtA.
    Or even to BtA and BtC on Equip!
    So that we can move gear to characters where that gear may actually see use.

The character btw is Mylord Cyan Pelarin {MyDDO is showing someone called Mylord Bones from 2008-9 unfortunately}.
    9 Wizard / 2 Fighter {Elf Falchion user}
    My argument have always been that below 20 everything named should be BTA, Raid BTC on Equip and everything else unbound.

20+ all named BTC on equip, raid BTC and everything else unbound.

Very simple. Some of the least used and most mundane items (see Red Fen) is BTC while other things like the Mirror Cloak (highly useful ML 3 item) is BTA.

Personally I don't hold any stock in the 'earn' it argument that some people toss out. Grinding the same low end item on each character is a mundane and silly process that have nothing to do about earning. All it does is fill up you bank slot with less useful items.

Yet anyone can go to the AH and find some of the best named items right now as BTC on Equip or even buy outright GS blanks without running one single quest. And other then pull shards and flagging once, no one will have to grind VALE quests if they want too.

The system is very arbitrary and require a new approach to items.

Community Member

... Did I mention anything about Money? {I'm assuming you're talking about Real Money here}!

In fact I specifically talked about this being an opportunity to make Purified Ebs more useful! - These are NOT Raid items!

I used the Yellow Dopant as an example {This is a Raid item BUT it was just an example of something in game that does a similar job}. ...
    Hi,

Yellow dopant drops very rarely in game, but it is available in the store. So yes, what you are talking about is real money.

I think if you want to be taken seriously you need to deal with some of the core objections raised by people in this thread. So far you've just been ignoring them. What you are asking for will change the complexion of the game.

And once again, why get so excited about an icy burst falchion and a couple of low level cloaks of night?

You can buy icy burst kits if you don't want to participate in Risia. Those cloaks of night are nothing special at that level; you can either make new ones very easily, or use another gear set up which provides equivalent effects.

Thanks.
    Astrican on Khyber

Hi,

Yellow dopant drops very rarely in game, but it is available in the store. So yes, what you are talking about is real money.

I think if you want to be taken seriously you need to deal with some of the core objections raised by people in this thread. So far you've just been ignoring them. What you are asking for will change the complexion of the game.

And once again, why get so excited about an icy burst falchion and a couple of low level cloaks of night?

You can buy icy burst kits if you don't want to participate in Risia. Those cloaks of night are nothing special at that level; you can either make new ones very easily, or use another gear set up which provides equivalent effects.

Thanks.
    He doesn't want to do it all over again, though. This also makes me think that he just doesn't want to TR ever, because it is just doing it all over again. He is ok with making several alts, which is pretty much doing it all over again each time. This is why I don't take his argument about not wanting to do it again seriously, because he already does exactly that. This includes mabar, and risia events. The base of his argument is that he doesn't want to do the repetition anymore.

My side is that if you don't want to invest the time or the effort, then you don't deserve the rewards. Steamrolling content on a single character just to farm items for another is not investing the time or effort.
    Last edited by Musouka; 01-24-2013 at 06:20 PM.
    Sarkiki - Orexis - Pallikaria - Epithymia - Musouka - Empnefsi | Cannith Server

Community Member

He doesn't want to do it all over again, though. This also makes me think that he just doesn't want to TR ever, because it is just doing it all over again. He is ok with making several alts, which is pretty much doing it all over again each time. This is why I don't take his argument about not wanting to do it again seriously, because he already does exactly that. This includes mabar, and risia events. The base of his argument is that he doesn't want to do the repetition anymore.

My side is that if you don't want to invest the time or the effort, then you don't deserve the rewards. Steamrolling content on a single character just to farm items for another is not investing the time or effort.
    Hi,

Yes, you make a good point here. Another one which hasn't been addressed.

The 'injustices' of how binding works must seem a lot worse to people who run a large number of characters, on one or several servers.

This aspect of the game bothered me a lot when I started playing. My solution was to focus on a small number of characters, mainly one in fact, rather than going to the forums and insisting changes be made to the game.

So the problem largely goes away with a smaller number of characters. And is it even a serious problem at all when what we're discussing is your issues with a few low level items which cost very little effort to replace.

Thanks.
    Astrican on Khyber

This ^ is a personal attack as I have said or insinuated no such thing!

I have 4 characters on their second lives so far {2 on Cannith and 2 on Sarlona} - One of whom is going Completionist!

On the other hand I have specifically said that I am cutting down on my altoholism {24 characters on Cannith, 10 on Sarlona, 3 on Khyber, 2 on Thelanis, 1 on Wayfinder and 1 on Ghallanda atm {There used to be a lot more!}!

And as I'm sure many forum goers will tell you - I am most certainly NOT steamrollering content on ANY character {But then again as I recognise NONE of your characters in your signature I feel safe in saying that you have never run with me either!}

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have also NEVER farmed quests {Shroud doesn't count of course}.
    I don't run Shadow Crypt, VoN, Wiz King etc. Over and Over again - Once on Elite and Done!

I've run Crystal Cove quite a bit yeah - I enjoy it {Unlike Mabar and Risia!}
    I've made a lot of low level items however in the Cove- less mid level and only a couple of Epic items.
    And having seen the screenshots of the new cove items I'm seriously worried the devs are going to do a Mabar on my favourite event!
    When it comes to the cove {an example} I frankly have a lot of characters with no Cove items at all - These will be first on the list next time it comes out {Trinkets and Hats}.
    Chances are I won't be able to make even a single Epic item {and I don't really mind this}.

What I do mind is that 6 months down the road I might realise that the character I made some of this stuff for is NOT getting played and may as well be deleted {and bang goes all BtC items on said character}.
    Not really an issue with Cove as is {As it's all BtA as far as I know} BUT when it comes to Mabar YES it is an Issue!

Anyway - This is my last post on this subject - It seems I raised some deep seated objections amongst the forum-goers about an issue that I didn't realize was so polarizing.

Community Member

One would think that the devs put some thought into what items are BTC, BTCoe, BTA and unbound. So those items fall into each of those categories for a reason. It would seem to me the ability to change that binding status would run counter to whatever that reason is.

Anyway - This is my last post on this subject - It seems I raised some deep seated objections amongst the forum-goers about an issue that I didn't realize was so polarizing.
    I've brought this issue up before as well and it does raise some deep seated objections that don't seem to have any agreeable solutions to any that are against it. It also brings personal attacks that are so irritatingly not true that you just get sick of putting up with it and end the discussion.

All I want is the ability to mule stuff that I'm not currently using. BtC --> BtA would be so amazingly uber super helpful.

However, a solution to that would be MORE STORAGE SPACE.

Turbine has always been pathetically skimpy regarding how much bank space we get. Each inventory page of the bank should be double what it is. House K favor should let you get to 5 pages, and then use the Store to get 5 more.

That would be a good start. We don't need EVE Online level storage (where it's literally impossible to fill all your available storage), but it needs to be better than it is.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123