Default barb purchased past life feat

I have a barb past life on my tr and am currently playing a bard life. It's a melee focused bard with 2 fighter levels and I purchased the active barb past life that gives 20 hp and a barb "mini rage". According to the description, it is a barb ability, and seems identical to the standard barb rage except that it only lasts 30 seconds.

I picked the bard warchanter pre at the appropriate bard level, and one of the bonuses in the description is that if you have the barb ability to rage, the bard wc pre adds one more rage per rest.

I'm not getting the additional rage. Is this WAI, user error, a bug? I'm curious if anyone has tried this and knows what's going on.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    I have a barb past life on my tr and am currently playing a bard life. It's a melee focused bard with 2 fighter levels and I purchased the active barb past life that gives 20 hp and a barb "mini rage". According to the description, it is a barb ability, and seems identical to the standard barb rage except that it only lasts 30 seconds.

I picked the bard warchanter pre at the appropriate bard level, and one of the bonuses in the description is that if you have the barb ability to rage, the bard wc pre adds one more rage per rest.

I'm not getting the additional rage. Is this WAI, user error, a bug? I'm curious if anyone has tried this and knows what's going on.

Thanks!
    Since the two kinds stack (afaik), they are probably considered separate abilities, and the bard ability works with the barb base ability. Sounds logical to me, but dont take my word for it.