Community Member

Default Why is the ghost cloak the ONLY item i see without an aug slot?

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/p...psa6106c05.jpg

As far as I can tell, this is THE only item that has been found that lacks any sort of augment slot. I understand that, yes, it is a nice item, but the customization factor just isn't there like everything else now. Just wondering if this is as intended, or an oversight...
    Scarletdalia Windwalker-Air Savant, Syngh Nswing-Ultimate DPS Bard, Kaehlan Amnell-TWF DPS Completionist-in-the-making , Bloodraynne-Human DPS Fvs, Stiel Kaege-WF THF DPS/Tank.
    Leader-Obsidian Dragons, Cannith.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LVSammy View Post

As far as I can tell, this is THE only item that has been found that lacks any sort of augment slot. I understand that, yes, it is a nice item, but the customization factor just isn't there like everything else now. Just wondering if this is as intended, or an oversight...
    Probably because it's already powerful even without slots...

It's not just powerful, it's IMMENSELY powerful.

Find me a better cloak for a Sorcerer, Bard, Cleric, splashed Favored Soul or Paladin.

Highest grade Cha, highest grade Resistance, Ghostly, and a DR rating that is 50% improved over any other DR presented by any other item in the game (the only way to duplicate it would be a pure 20 warforged favored soul who spends a feat on adamantine body and 12 AP on improved DR)....in one slot!
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Let's not complain about the items that are already very good. It just waters down the very valid critiques of the stuff that is legitimately underpowered.
    Gildus, Yhvain, Sabathiel, Einion

Cannith, GOCI
    Be Chill, have fun

it comes pre-customized with the things you should be taking if you aren't stark raving mad. i think that's more than adequate, personally.

Community Member

Default Not what i was saying...

I'm not at all complaining about it. And yes, i will be going for it on my sorc, i was simply making an observation and hoping to get confirmation that it was intended to be the only item w/o a slot. Just seemed odd to me is all.
    Scarletdalia Windwalker-Air Savant, Syngh Nswing-Ultimate DPS Bard, Kaehlan Amnell-TWF DPS Completionist-in-the-making , Bloodraynne-Human DPS Fvs, Stiel Kaege-WF THF DPS/Tank.
    Leader-Obsidian Dragons, Cannith.

perhaps, instead of only charisma, to have other varietions too?

The question in the op is a valid one and in no way is he suggesting the item isn't great, even without slots. It's just a public heads up to the devs wondering if it's working as intended. It's not unheard of to leave slots off of epic items that are powerful like epic bloodstone, but just because an item is extremely powerful doesn't exclude it from slots, like ESoS.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Because the current dev in charge of loot really doesn't seem to care to make actually compelling loot.

The last 3 updates the overall reaction has been of disappointment, yet we get the same boring garbage every update without change. Seems turbine is content with this kind of reaction from it's fans.

IMO it's the only decent item in the whole pack. I'd hardly call it immensely powerful since every effect on it can already be had elsewhere. It's only real advantage comes from the fact you can get DR15 without having to hold a shield..

And in a game where the only actually threatening enemies hit for 300+, 15 dr is hardly that powerful.

PS: It's also something we've had access to since 2006 at freakin lvl10, if only for limited times (dr boost). If anything imo it's insulting that we have not moved forward in DR in 15 levels and 7 years.

We used to get compelling loot, with one or two slots on top. Now everything is just a pretty blah upgrade that lacks slots so its also an annoying upgrade as it forces you to consolidate elsewhere to regain slots effects you had on your current proper epic cloak.

And since it's actually decent, we can only expect it to be nerfed fairly soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    And in a game where the only actually threatening enemies hit for 300+, 15 dr is hardly that powerful.
    This. It's going to be useful mostly for torcing off archers.
    Nerdrage/Endgame ~ Sarlona
    Ekkehart (human PM) - Hammet (WF AM) - Cerussite (helf THF kensei) - Anordineth (helf dark monk)
    Buy my stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkForte View Post
    This. It's going to be useful mostly for torcing off archers.
    As long as they are not evil. Evil damage archers will bypass this DR.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Evil damage archers will bypass this DR.
    No, they don't.

Pick up a Kaelth's Touch and try it against the skeletons in the desert, or the drow around the Cry For Help entrance in Gianthold.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    No, they don't.

Pick up a Kaelth's Touch and try it against the skeletons in the desert, or the drow around the Cry For Help entrance in Gianthold.
    you should bug report that since it may not be wai.

Evil Damage is supposed to break DR/Evil.

did find another post discussing this topic..
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=348813
    Last edited by JOTMON; 02-04-2013 at 09:06 AM.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by LVSammy View Post

Ring of the Djin lacks augment slots, but it's pretty situationally strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    It's not just powerful, it's IMMENSELY powerful.

Find me a better cloak for a Sorcerer, Bard, Cleric, splashed Favored Soul or Paladin.

Highest grade Cha, highest grade Resistance, Ghostly, and a DR rating that is 50% improved over any other DR presented by any other item in the game (the only way to duplicate it would be a pure 20 warforged favored soul who spends a feat on adamantine body and 12 AP on improved DR)....in one slot!
    I find a lot of items in GH (and raid) with Charisma +8. I wish it had several different version like the blue dragon helmet. Like insightful and +8 Wis, Int and Char. variation is good. And it doesn't really need an augment slot due to the fact it's pretty darn good.

Items without slots:

Ghost-Waking Cloak
    Ring of Djinni
    Silver/Copper/Bronze Ingot Arcanum

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    Items without slots:

Ghost-Waking Cloak
    Ring of Djinni
    Silver/Copper/Bronze Ingot Arcanum
    For a while I was wondering why the ingots didn't come with an augment slot until I noticed their enhancement bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    you should bug report that since it may not be wai.

Evil Damage is supposed to break DR/Evil.

did find another post discussing this topic..
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=348813
    Interesting topic. I would lean towards not all weapons and ammo dealing Evil dmg. That the character is evil doesn't necessarily mean that they imbue their weapons and ammo with evil dmg in every case. That would mean that a lawful good dark monk or splash for example would only need to use silver hand wraps against pit fiends no?

I don't actually know the answer to this, it is pure speculation.

Would love to know definitively.

Just like all "Good" Player Characters do not do "good" damage, all "Evil" mobs do not do "Evil" damage.

Gnoll archers in the dessert. Their bows do have "Pure evil" on them. that Should Bypass /evil. If not, probably a bug.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    PS: It's also something we've had access to since 2006 at freakin lvl10, if only for limited times (dr boost). If anything imo it's insulting that we have not moved forward in DR in 15 levels and 7 years.
    Because until they added EE DR15 was brokenly powerful? There is a reason why DR is so hard to get in PnP, but the devs ignored that and gave DR for shield blocking too which completely broke things like VoD. Having DR5 practically makes you a god until level 10, DR15 and you're damn near unkillable in heroic.

Meh. Because the things on it are so common, a lot of people would be better off with the Mabar cloak. It really does need slots.
    Last edited by oweieie; 02-04-2013 at 10:30 AM.