Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Community Member

Barbs r t3h b3$t.

Idk. Something about autodamaging yourself while having an ability that is supposed to boost dps (barb rage) but blocks out all use of scrolls (and it's even blocked me from using curse pots. That's some serious sh*t) makes whatever boost it's supposed to give seem kind of moot.

Yes yes, Silver flame pots and all that jazz. Because those are so terribly easy to get and have absolutely no detrimental properties and only cost pennies on the plat!! Realistically they are absolutely horrid things to ever use. -10 to all stats but con? Who seriously thought that was a good idea? Oh damn I'm getting hit hard, better drink this pot and jump over here where I'm safe so I don't die, then I can umd myself some more hp and a bit of extra dps......wait, wait a second. Have to wait for the bad stuff to wear off.

Single target, a rogue, monk or fighter will do more dps while dual wielding. yes barbs can take out mobs easily, but so can that same fighter with all the cleaves and an esos, the rogue by assassinating things (sometimes 3 at a time) or the monk who just wiped everything from existence.

Yay we're at the boss now!!! Oh wait I'm not tanking because I'll die in 3 hits (on EE) so I'm going to be just melee. BLAARGHY BLAARGHY wow that rogue is putting a major dent in this thing. And good lord that monk is strong. But I am supposed to be the uberz D:

No. I don't like barbs. I've played barbs and I don't like barbs. I don't like sorcs either but I am forcing myself to play through one so I can see what it's like at higher levels (which I did with the barb as well. And good lord do I hate it) so my opinion there might change.

That said, I really am enjoying the blitz build I made. Not capped yet, but instead of rogue I took druid and went helf. Going to try again with the barb idea by blending it with things that I really like (except khopeshes. I don't like khopeshes but that's because I wanted to be emo and not do what everyone else was. Plus Nightmare is so awesome). Either way, it's going to be fun and hopefully I can get it to EE status without needing healing every 2 seconds.
    De'Corenai of Argonessen. If you've seen me, you know what I'm talking about.

Barbarians like Paladins are eagerly awaiting U18 for the enhancement revamp.
    Kobeyashi | Hamada | Ying

Community Member

Since I don't currently have a barb to test, does anyone know if a Barb can use rejuvenation cocoon while raged, or is it considered spellcasting?
    Ghallanda Server - Razaghan [Melee FvS 12 / Ranger 6 / Mnk 2] - Ignicia [Sorc 18 / Pal 2]

Quote Originally Posted by Azaghan View Post
    Since I don't currently have a barb to test, does anyone know if a Barb can use rejuvenation cocoon while raged, or is it considered spellcasting?
    Cant use coccoon while raged. What I twist on my Barbarian for byoh parties is healing spring (I have 2 charges per rest, a devotion of major heal lore item, heal amp items and is fine, I farmed the crystal cove on CR 27-30 with just that and no even had to drink pots (CSW pots because I dont have silver flame pots hehe), for soloing Ehards is even easier because of master blitz or adrenaline + overhelming force on the hard parts).
    A good investment you can do on barbarians is displacement clickies for using between rages and before tough trash parts.
    Last edited by boredman; 03-27-2013 at 12:27 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234