Hybrid View

Default Real Treasure Drops in Adventurer Clicky Packs

This may already be implemented and I'm forgetting. If so, my bad.

But you know how we have clickies in the game that give us a collectable like a Necklace of Prayer Beads or this or that when we find the occasional Adventurers Pack in the gloomy back of a dungeon?

It would be way cooler to find actual loot on those. I mean, it makes more sense to me. Did the guy get killed by an Ooze only to drop one stinking mushroom or did he maybe have like a +2 Keen Dagger of Acid in that pack? Maybe a spare Ring of Protection +3, a few Haste Pots...something!

Thanks

Snip
    Guilds -- Officer: Umber Hulks, Member: Knights of the Silver Dragon (KotSD)
    Characters: Nalinor (Human Rogue lvl 20), Cargonar (Dwarven Fighter lvl 11), Atlanon (Dwarven Fighter 11/Barb. 2). Beltakorr (Human Barb. 18/Fighter 2), Fleabite (Halfling Wiz. lvl 9), Skirahzalon (Drow Bard lvl 8).

Quote Originally Posted by SniptheShadow View Post

But you know how we have clickies in the game that give us a collectable like a Necklace of Prayer Beads or this or that when we find the occasional Adventurers Pack in the gloomy back of a dungeon?

It would be way cooler to find actual loot on those. I mean, it makes more sense to me. Did the guy get killed by an Ooze only to drop one stinking mushroom or did he maybe have like a +2 Keen Dagger of Acid in that pack? Maybe a spare Ring of Protection +3, a few Haste Pots...something!

Thanks

Snip
    Did you know that there is a chance for real treasure drops from the breakables?
    Sarkiki - Orexis - Pallikaria - Epithymia - Musouka - Empnefsi | Cannith Server

Quote Originally Posted by Musouka View Post
    Did you know that there is a chance for real treasure drops from the breakables?
    I did not know this.

Only a chance, huh? I suppose that is better than zilch.

I was hoping for more than a chance with the Adventurers Packs, though. It has always seemed odd to me to find one little collectable on those. An entire pack seems like at times it should be as exciting as opening a treasure chest. Maybe its chance roll could be multiple items found compared to one thing only. You have a chance of finding a weapon and wand and bracers compared to merely finding one potion. Something like that...

Hmm?

Snip
    Guilds -- Officer: Umber Hulks, Member: Knights of the Silver Dragon (KotSD)
    Characters: Nalinor (Human Rogue lvl 20), Cargonar (Dwarven Fighter lvl 11), Atlanon (Dwarven Fighter 11/Barb. 2). Beltakorr (Human Barb. 18/Fighter 2), Fleabite (Halfling Wiz. lvl 9), Skirahzalon (Drow Bard lvl 8).

I did not know this.

Only a chance, huh? I suppose that is better than zilch.

I was hoping for more than a chance with the Adventurers Packs, though. It has always seemed odd to me to find one little collectable on those. An entire pack seems like at times it should be as exciting as opening a treasure chest. Maybe its chance roll could be multiple items found compared to one thing only. You have a chance of finding a weapon and wand and bracers compared to merely finding one potion. Something like that...

Hmm?

Snip
    Theyve been looted by adventurers so many times that only the useless stuff remains

Thanks

Snip
    Honestly I don't want to see this as it'd reduce the loot table for eberron shards and lightning-split soarwood in all likelyhood.

maybe treasure bags should adopt the way of working from cannith challenge chests that you get for killing redname? just stacking, each bag with a chance for giveing some coins, utility items like potions and such and low chance for "real" loot.
    "If you're not having fun, you're doing something wrong."
    — Groucho Marx

Community Member

If the previous owners of the packs had been better equipped, they wouldnt have had to drop them and run

Come to think of it, you dont see Adventurer Packs on corpses. Maybe theyre just **** other heroes have dropped to make inventory room...