Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lootable trinkets and Binding

I just looted my first ever trinket
    It happens to be BtC though, which kind of limits it's usefulness. I would love to possibly sell it as I'm sure it could fetch a bit of cash, or even better, give it to a character that might be able to use it more.

Change the binding status to at least be BtA, please.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

No changing BTC loot to anything its been discussed to death elsewhere.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Well how about BtC on equip at least. Craftable trinkets are nice, but not exactly overpowering and it really sucks to pull one on a guy who can't use it.

BTC trinkets are indeed silly. Currently you can get those by turning in risia coins, so just turn in fro ma character that you want to get a trinket on, they don't seem terribly rare to get that way.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by honkuimushi View Post
    Well how about BtC on equip at least. Craftable trinkets are nice, but not exactly overpowering and it really sucks to pull one on a guy who can't use it.
    Like I said BTC shouldnt be changed and the reasons for such have been disscussed and argued to death elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Like I said BTC shouldnt be changed and the reasons for such have been disscussed and argued to death elsewhere.
    There is no good reason for a random trinket drop to be BTC.
    There are no unbound craftible trinkets in the game.
    I have thrown away or left in the chest several btc trinkets that I could have used on other toons.

The argument should never die.
    Last edited by JOTMON; 01-17-2013 at 01:36 PM.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 12/12), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-EC 32/36), Whatthetruck(Raid farmer-2nd life).. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    There is no good reason for a random trinket drop to be BTC.
    There are no unbound craftible trinkets in the game.
    I have thrown away or left in the chest several btc trinkets that I could have used on other toons.

The argument should never die.

/Edit:Thanks for the neg rep...just proves the point that neg repping cowards hide behind the wall of anonymity and can't bring points of discussion to a forum post.
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 12/12), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-EC 32/36), Whatthetruck(Raid farmer-2nd life).. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    /Edit:Thanks for the neg rep...just proves the point that neg repping cowards hide behind the wall of anonymity and can't bring points of discussion to a forum post.
    Hmm and here I was thinking you neg repped me for my post. Your post wasnt worthy of neg rep by the way

and I am still against changing bound loot in any forum.

No changing BTC loot to anything its been discussed to death elsewhere.
    Why not?

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Singular View Post
    Why not?
    You change it for one thing then people start asking for it on something else like raid loot which should never change.

Community Member

Craftable trinkets are ddo store item which happens to drop in chests (or festivult coin turn ins) every now and then. Their binding status was discussed at length when they were initially introduced, yet it didn't result in any changes. As such, the way I see it, the reasoning was to force paying for each trinket on a per character basis (if for whatever reason player couldn't use a shard of power) more than inconveniancing players who might want to pass them between characters.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miztof View Post
    Craftable trinkets are ddo store item which happens to drop in chests (or festivult coin turn ins) every now and then. Their binding status was discussed at length when they were initially introduced, yet it didn't result in any changes. As such, the way I see it, the reasoning was to force paying for each trinket on a per character basis (if for whatever reason player couldn't use a shard of power) more than inconveniancing players who might want to pass them between characters.
    The thing of it is, if you bought one of the same Trinkets you get from the Risia coins and occasionally in chests/end rewards in the DDOStore, it would be BTA. Only the in game acquired ones are BTC. I have destroyed well over 100 of the BTC version since the Risia they showed up in rewards.

My cleric has a DDOStore version with Efficient Meta: Empower Healing II and Greater Healing Lore. Even after crafting it remained BTA. The rest have a blank sitting in a bank slot, BTC, from when I gave each 100 white coins to turn in to get one "in case."

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DocBenway View Post
    The thing of it is, if you bought one of the same Trinkets you get from the Risia coins and occasionally in chests/end rewards in the DDOStore, it would be BTA. Only the in game acquired ones are BTC. I have destroyed well over 100 of the BTC version since the Risia they showed up in rewards.

My cleric has a DDOStore version with Efficient Meta: Empower Healing II and Greater Healing Lore. Even after crafting it remained BTA. The rest have a blank sitting in a bank slot, BTC, from when I gave each 100 white coins to turn in to get one "in case."
    Thanks for the correction. I must admit i never bothered to buy one of those trinkets from the store, so their bta status escaped my notice. Yet my point still stands. While it seems like a **** move, the "if you want it for free - deal with it, if you want flexibility - pay for it" approach is understandable.
    Last edited by Miztof; 01-18-2013 at 07:50 AM.

You change it for one thing then people start asking for it on something else like raid loot which should never change.
    I understand this argument, but there are some things BtC that don't seem right. These trinkets and Eveningstar ingredients are the two big ones for me right now that don't seem like they are justified as BtC... but I guess that's just my opinions.
    I would hate to see raid loot ever go BtA as that's just silly, but I'm sure people would disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Miztof View Post
    Fair enough.
    I guess I wasn't around enough when these discussions were more relevant.

Of all the store items found in chests, the blank trinket is the one that is BtC... o_0

It is indeed annoying to get a BtC item on a character that you can't envision using it on. I've pulled some amazing bound docents out of chests but as I had/have no intention of playing a WF they got vendored.

As the droprate of trinkets is excessive IMHO if your farming coins, so if you want a trinket on a specific character I'd suggest farming coins.

The character doing the faming [like a good jumper for just white or blue or Sorcerer/Monk/FvS for purple] can get their own trinket easily but if you want it on a different character just transfer the coins to the desired character to do the turn in at Jack.

/not signed
    Karadon: Paladin [5] Mar - Jul 2006 - Aureon [EU] --- Paladin [20] Feb 2010 - June 2012 - Orien --- Paladin [21] June 2012 - July 2013 - Orien [TR1] --- Paladin [17] July 2013 - Present - Orien [TR2]
    Yes this is correct, I played Paladins, even pure Paladins before Update 23!!!

Like I said BTC SHOULD be changed and the reasons for such have been disscussed and argued to death elsewhere.
    Fixed it for you.

Seriously Uska, you can't just say, "no because I said its been discussed".

And the issue of a lootgen trinket is not the same as a piece of Raid loot (the most common BtC item).

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    Fixed it for you.

Seriously Uska, you can't just say, "no because I said its been discussed".

And the issue of a lootgen trinket is not the same as a piece of Raid loot (the most common BtC item).
    Like I said you give in on this and it goes on we have had enough of a slide down the slippery slope we dont need more and you shouldnt misquote people it isnt nice.

Like I said you give in on this and it goes on we have had enough of a slide down the slippery slope we dont need more and you shouldnt misquote people it isnt nice.
    Oh come on, its pretty clear by my comments I was making a point and not misquoting you.

Except if they had make the lootgen trinkets BtA or unbound in the first place you wouldn't be complaining would you? "Just because that's the way it is now" is about the worst reason I can think of to maintain something.

Community Member

There's something else in the game that can be used as a trinket, and it's pretty darned easy to aquire, although it too is BTC.... It can also be crafted on.... And I'd say most multi-life toons have at least 1 laying around in their bank....

Hmm and here I was thinking you neg repped me for my post. Your post wasnt worthy of neg rep by the way

and I am still against changing bound loot in any forum.
    nah.. Not me, I've never given a negative rep to anyone...Only Postive rep when its due.
    Where I come from Freedom of speech is a right, even if I don't like what people have to say.
    Anything that inhibits or censors that right is just... wrong.

~
    Last edited by JOTMON; 01-18-2013 at 02:41 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast