Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40
  1. #1
    The Hatchery danotmano1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The rainy side of earth
    Posts
    4,199

    Default Remove Tomb of the Tormented as a flagging quest!

    Since the developers have shown that they are willing to move the less... 'popular' quests out of flagging mechanics, I propose we do the same to Tomb of the Tormented.

    Kill it with fire, the sooner the better.
    Please, and thank you.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

    Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

  2. #2
    Community Member voxson5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    985

    Default

    Like to have a 'start at level 20' option on the Heart of Wind too?

    /not signed sorry
    - Proud co-founder of the Dragonspire Legion -
    Souldout (Completionist Life 2), Diamese(TR), Darkfey, Darkwai(TR), Darkriff, Shayris, Shayrn, Tekron, & more semi-retired mules

  3. #3
    Community Member Dendrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,004

    Default

    It's a very easy quest. the "bad" rats are your hungry friends.

  4. #4
    Founder & Hero Vordax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post
    Since the developers have shown that they are willing to move the less... 'popular' quests out of flagging mechanics, I propose we do the same to Tomb of the Tormented.

    Kill it with fire, the sooner the better.
    Please, and thank you.
    So what quest would you replace it with? Maybe the Pit? Or the swimming shadow quest?

    Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

  5. #5
    The Hatchery danotmano1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The rainy side of earth
    Posts
    4,199

    Default

    The original post is written with a bit of tongue-in-cheek, so to speak.

    I have heard in the years I've played DDO maybe a handful of people complain about the crucible. Yet in that same time frame, I have seen hundreds of people show their absolute hatred for this quest.

    So I figured why not?
    If the developers are willing to move a quest out of flagging that only a few had a beef with, why not move a flagging quest that nearly EVERYONE seems to hate?

    How many "Bring Back the Tomb of the Tormented" posts would pop up?
    How much forum rage?


    (Note: I don't really expect the quest to be removed, but I figured now that the developers have set a precedent, why not offer up a quest suggestion that would be more universally accepted?)

    Quote Originally Posted by voxson5 View Post
    Like to have a 'start at level 20' option on the Heart of Wind too?
    You can start at level 7, run a few quests, and automagically become level 18.
    (I know you were being sarcastic, but we pretty much already have this option, IMO)
    Last edited by danotmano1998; 01-22-2013 at 07:05 PM.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

    Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

  6. #6
    Community Member EnjoyTheJourney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    River of Optimism :)
    Posts
    676

    Default

    With more and more content in the game, over time, it makes sense that the most deeply unpopular missions would at some point end up getting fixed or getting removed (at least, as flagging requirements).

    And on that topic, if the near universal opinion of a mission is that it isn't fun, then why *not* ask Turbine to either make it more enjoyable or to remove it as a flagging requirement?
    Last edited by EnjoyTheJourney; 01-22-2013 at 07:06 PM.

  7. #7
    The Hatchery danotmano1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The rainy side of earth
    Posts
    4,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EnjoyTheJourney View Post
    And on that topic, if the near universal opinion of a mission is that it sucks fried monkey balls, then why *not* ask Turbine to either make it suck less to remove it as a flagging requirement?
    That was exactly my thinking on the crucible.
    People complained about the swim.
    So instead of fixing that one part, they remove it from flagging.

    Hence, my original post.
    If they aren't going to fix it, then why nuke one quest just because people complain, and not others?
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

    Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

  8. #8
    Community Member Spoonwelder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Nanaimo, BC
    Posts
    1,914

    Default

    I have tried to stay away from the Crucible issue but I just can't help myself....

    I for one love the Crucible....when I have an evasion character.....I enjoy it on others characters but only if we have an evasion character in the group. I have guildies who hate it though and I understand their arguments - I just still like it alot.

    The quest itself is designed to have you swim together so the boredom argument is moot as if done as intended the quest doesn't require /dance2 to keep you entertained. Try it once - get a group - one to the lever 5 to the swim - swim in 8 second increments then get to a safe corner while valve gets reset - heck get the underwater chest even.

    My guess, though, is that the powers that be saw that it was the one raid flagging quests (not counting pre-raids ie. VON/Titan) in the game that absolutely required at least one other character/hireling (turning gates in maze/valve in swim if so inclined) and boom it's gone as a flagger.

    Alternatively they will be ramping up Crucible at epic levels so much that it would be unfair to keep it as a flagging quest. One can only hope.

    I still don't know how they are going to integrate the story line but .....we'll find out soon enough.

    Tomb of the Tormented is soloable and fairly easy but it takes time.....and it's not related to a raid. Also you don't need to reflag for Cursed Crypt so it is a one and done type quest.
    gotta to kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight - B. Cockburn
    Guild Leader - Order of the Silver Dragons
    Mains Darlao Completionist Toogor Sorc TR7 Also Listarn Shadar Kai Rogue 20/8 - WhiskyTango CL28 TR4 - Toongor Bd28 TR2 - Sooey Dwarf ConBarb28 TR2 Pusshy -WizMo 18/ 2/8+9 More

  9. #9
    The Hatchery Scraap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,503

    Default

    Let's remove Abbot while were at it. Complete the Sigil, run litany, go into where it is now, watch him monologue, and get your loot.

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,482

    Default

    Hi,

    I didn't like Tomb of the Tormented at first either.

    But with a little bit of work, you can learn it. If you know it well enough to do it quickly, you start to see it for the xp gold mine that it is.

    Tomb of the Blighted is much worse, I think.

    Thanks.
    Astrican on Khyber

  11. #11
    Community Member Falco_Easts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Tasmania - Yes it's an actual place and no, Tasmanian Devils don't spin around and eat people
    Posts
    2,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post
    That was exactly my thinking on the crucible.
    People complained about the swim.
    So instead of fixing that one part, they remove it from flagging.

    Hence, my original post.
    If they aren't going to fix it, then why nuke one quest just because people complain, and not others?
    It was probably more to do the with the extreme difficulty of soloing Crucible as much as the swim. When GH was released the minority solo'd, now that has flipped. In a straw poll not long ago it was over 70% of the time people were soloing. If the devs want people to run the content, they need to make it solo friendly.
    A friend will bail you out of jail.
    A mate will be sitting in there beside you saying "Damn that was awsome!!!"

    Unguilded of Orien

  12. #12
    The Hatchery danotmano1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The rainy side of earth
    Posts
    4,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Falco_Easts View Post
    It was probably more to do the with the extreme difficulty of soloing Crucible as much as the swim. When GH was released the minority solo'd, now that has flipped. In a straw poll not long ago it was over 70% of the time people were soloing. If the devs want people to run the content, they need to make it solo friendly.
    That very well could be true.
    But if that is the case then IMO we're stepping further away from the D&D spirit.

    I, for one, don't mind if there are some areas of the game where I need to group up.
    I'm not even going into the debate of MMO vs P&P, that's not relevant to what I'm saying.

    Sure, things need to be soloable so people who have 2 kids and a full life have something to do when it's odd hours or you just can't commit to a group because you never know when you'll have to get up and take care of something right away, but still want to play for a bit.

    I've seen the dev post as to why they did what they did, and I don't really have an opinion as to whether it is a good or a bad thing. I'm just thinking (and posting!) out loud that if they are going to start removing flagging quests and set a precedent, then why crucible when there is clear forum evidence as to what are the most universally despised quests and crucible is nowhere near the top of that list?

    And for those of you reading/posting, I can appreciate your opinions that the quest isn't that hard. I never meant to imply that it is.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

    Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

  13. #13
    Hero AZgreentea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lost in the Swamp
    Posts
    3,638

    Default

    I would be satisfied if they did like they did with VoN, and just make it so once you have run them all once, the main quest stays flagged. Thats even if you repeat and keep incomplete one of the flagging quests.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AZgreentea View Post
    I would be satisfied if they did like they did with VoN, and just make it so once you have run them all once, the main quest stays flagged. Thats even if you repeat and keep incomplete one of the flagging quests.
    I'm going to assume that you mean Necro I and II, since Necro III is already a perma flag chain.
    Completionist Lighthardtt Tuisian of Sarlona
    leader, Bridge Burners

    "Just another day in pair-o'-dice"

  15. #15
    Community Member Deathdefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes
    Posts
    1,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EnjoyTheJourney View Post
    With more and more content in the game, over time, it makes sense that the most deeply unpopular missions would at some point end up getting fixed or getting removed (at least, as flagging requirements).

    And on that topic, if the near universal opinion of a mission is that it isn't fun, then why *not* ask Turbine to either make it more enjoyable or to remove it as a flagging requirement?
    Because, according to the forums, if something is made easier, that change is an "Easy Button" which is inherently and irredeemably a bad thing.

    Accessibility of the game to new players, and creation of a more enjoyable game for all players by removing well-known sources of pointless frustration, are obviously both irrelevant to any change made to existing content or dynamics.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    In Von 3 the breakables in the Troll Ambassador optional room are slow to get to and unnecessary for ransack.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

  16. #16
    Community Member bartharok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Far beyond the ravens gate
    Posts
    6,051

    Default

    NONONO, i LIKE tomb of the tormented. Please dont remove it.

  17. #17
    Community Member Kirwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    20

    Default

    I don't mind the mazes, it's the fact you can't kill the mobs under the grates that bugs me.... Rats keep dying to the carcass eaters... other than that I actually like it.

  18. #18
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    654

    Default

    This is probably the easiest quest in the chain. Although it helps to have a trapper and an arcane with death aura (which can kill the baddies below the grate btw). And as one mentioned it is very easy and fast XP if you know the maze path and with the above party members.

  19. #19
    Community Member Lonnbeimnech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    Hi,

    I didn't like Tomb of the Tormented at first either.

    But with a little bit of work, you can learn it. If you know it well enough to do it quickly, you start to see it for the xp gold mine that it is.

    Tomb of the Blighted is much worse, I think.

    Thanks.
    I would agree, but this one time I was in a blighted group, the fvs says "ok, I need one person to come with me and just throw water on the roots, everyone else pike at the door". 2 min later the quest was over, would love to know exactly what he did, I'm guessing run BB run BB.

  20. #20
    Community Member Lonnbeimnech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirwin View Post
    I don't mind the mazes, it's the fact you can't kill the mobs under the grates that bugs me.... Rats keep dying to the carcass eaters... other than that I actually like it.
    Some aoe effects can hit them. Rangers and druids can use wild empathy through the grate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload