Community Member

Default Ladder Bug Fixed???

I've only tested on two ladders so far, but I'm not rubberbanding on the one on my airship or the one in Waterworks to rust monster. Can someone verify this?
    I hope this isn't just an isolated thing.

Community Member

Default Official Response From Dev Chat in GH

[+Kookiekobold] the ladder bug is not a generalized universal bug. it only happens with specific ladders. If you encounter it anymore, be sure to bug the specific ladder that is giving issue.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Kookiekobold is correct, because The ladder bug is reproducible every time.

If you can't reproduce it immediately, that means it is the other issue that people call "the ladder bug" And if you can't talk dev team/QA you'll never get it fixed.

And with this issue, I really am not certain just how much they will be willing to do/can do.
    Last edited by Missing_Minds; 01-22-2013 at 07:03 PM.

it is not just certain ladders. ive been playing for a long time, since beta actually and its been in the game since then.

what would ddo be with out the ladder bug anyway?

imo after every other bug gets fixed take care of the ladder bug to let us all know ddo is bug free finally :P
    Sarlona:Hematoma,Ceethreepeeo,Masturwindew,Aretwodeetoo,Ohbeewahn[color=white].

Proud Leader of Zerger's Anonymous

Community Member

Ha! This is not fixed, and I doubt it ever will be. I don't think what the players call the Ladder Bug and what the Devs think is the Ladder Bug is the same thing. It still happens all over the place, not only on specific ladders.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

If the ladder bug gets fixed, I'm sure we'll get a Universe divide by zero error... so let's hope it doesn't get fixed!
    It's definitely an N-word.

Community Member

Verified that many ladders ARE fixed. The ones in Sands by Stinkpelt aren't snapping me back anymore either.

How about instead of whining and carrying on like children, we do what the devs ask and report the ladders that ARE bugged. If it's anything like setting up ladders in Unreal Engine or Valve's various SDKs, then it's probably just a matter of adjusting the start/end points for those specific ladders.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4tonmantis View Post
    How about instead of whining and carrying on like children, we do what the devs ask and report the ladders that ARE bugged. If it's anything like setting up ladders in Unreal Engine or Valve's various SDKs, then it's probably just a matter of adjusting the start/end points for those specific ladders.
    I have not found any actually bugged ladders for the last few years. So why spam fake/bad bug reports?

And while that could be true, the actual ladderbug is mostly when they tried to conjoin two ladders together.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4tonmantis View Post
    I don't see any whining, you are overreacting.

Ladders that have claimed to be fixed in the past still bug out. It's universal.