Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Default Force damage ritual questions

Hi, 2 fast & short questions:

1. Can I safely add force damage ritual to random weapon with festival icy burst?

2. Can I safely add force damage ritual to Celestia, without it becoming broken? And will ritual persist further attuned to heroism upgrades?

Community Member

You can add eldritch rituals to named items no problem. Your specific example I don't know, but I have done it with SOS, AGA, and the armor and save rituals on other items as well.

Yes, you can add the eldritch rituals to things that also have the winter festival rituals.

You cannot add more than one eldritch ritual to an item though. So if you do adamantine ritual, you cannot also add force.

Problem with celestia, is that it is dealing light damage, and thus breaking all possible DRs.
    Adding some damage buff to this weapon is bringing it damage to physical, and thus losing all that uber DR.

I want to know if I add force damage to celestia, will:
    -its damage type broken?
    -will force damage persist thorugh adding +8 bonus or banishing?

These basic buffs are key to weapons and yes it still works to named, and or Festival icy burst and any combo there of and so far it works as long as they don't mess with the code.

Any named item can have force or forc crit put on it but not Icy burst.

One day a Dev is going to sugggest that this can be made simplier and break what is not broke, but until then yes it works.
    The Blood of the Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Problem with celestia, is that it is dealing light damage, and thus breaking all possible DRs.
    Adding some damage buff to this weapon is bringing it damage to physical, and thus losing all that uber DR.

I want to know if I add force damage to celestia, will:
    -its damage type broken?
    Probably. Test it out risk-free on lammania:

1) Get all your force damage ritual ingredients on your alt that has celestia. NOT in shared bank.
    2) Copy that character to lammania. (Character Copy)
    3) Install the lammania client, which all told is 2-3 hours start to finish (Install instruction)

Now fire up lammania, go apply the ritual to your celestia, and go test it out. Be sure to post back here with the results so others will know if it works or not.

Force ritual does not affect Celestia. It doesn't change the damage, it adds an extra smidgen of damage.

Effects that add Metal, Alignment, or Magic will break Celestia. Elemental effects (and Deadly Weapons from an Arty) do not.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    Force ritual does not affect Celestia. It doesn't change the damage, it adds an extra smidgen of damage.

Effects that add Metal, Alignment, or Magic will break Celestia. Elemental effects (and Deadly Weapons from an Arty) do not.
    +1 thank you