Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

Default Update 17: Event #4 - Experience part 2

Hello! I'm sure some of you are still recovering from the Character wipe, so it's time for another Experience and Gear event.

I will be waiting for you atop the Leaky Dinghy Tavern in the Harbor on the following day and time to hand out Heroic/Epic Experience and random loot!

Thursday, January 24th from 6pm to 8pm

All times are Eastern (GMT-5)

Smiles,
    Squeak

Well i guess i cant turn down moar gear lol. I'll try to be there
    ~ *Nikibrik* - The Prime Healer (All EDs Capped) | Brogburt - The Warlord (All EDs Capped) | Kallistie - The Arch Necromancer | Capricio - The Lore-keeper | Thorbim - The Outlaw ~
    Thelanis ~ <The True Path>

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    Hello! I'm sure some of you are still recovering from the Character wipe, so it's time for another Experience and Gear event.

I will be waiting for you atop the Leaky Dinghy Tavern in the Harbor on the following day and time to hand out Heroic/Epic Experience and random loot!

Thursday, January 24th from 6pm to 8pm

All times are Eastern (GMT-5)

Smiles,
    Squeak
    I submit that such a small area in such close proximity to the water will generate a ton of bad gear spawns and un-lootable drops.
    Other than that, sweet! If at all possible could we see unbound versions of the items (not sure if you can do that or not). I'll try to have all of my guys preloaded there so I can hop if needed but people snatch stuff so fast, I'm likely to miss a lot.

For everyone else, please don't pick up 20 of the same thing.. you can only swing 1, they are bound, etc...
    And everyone snagging the +5 tomes and re-listing them 2 days later for 100k plat, shame on you!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4tonmantis View Post
    And everyone snagging the +5 tomes and re-listing them 2 days later for 100k plat, shame on you!
    That's actually quite helpful to people who can't make the events. Maybe a lower price would be good for the ones with freshly made characters though. Unfortunately there can't have been that many put on the AH since I couldn't find any when I checked a day or two after the event.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Codect View Post
    That's actually quite helpful to people who can't make the events. Maybe a lower price would be good for the ones with freshly made characters though. Unfortunately there can't have been that many put on the AH since I couldn't find any when I checked a day or two after the event.
    They were listed 2 days later for short sales.. when I last saw them they were 100k bid only (no buyout) and there were a dozen or so each with about 2 hours left and seemingly no bids.

yeah that wasnt cool about the tomes could have used some of them on my character but i did get enough of them to cover 2 characters and i agree you only need 1 each of the weapons I still need lots of plat for spell componets

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4tonmantis View Post
    They were listed 2 days later for short sales.. when I last saw them they were 100k bid only (no buyout) and there were a dozen or so each with about 2 hours left and seemingly no bids.
    Strange, all I've seen in there is a couple +1s. I would have snapped up any +4s or 5s.

Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

The DDO Store now carries +4 Tomes. I will try to get an automation running to put +5 tomes in the AH, but that will likely be a time consuming project.

Community Member

Hey Squeak any chance we can get given mass epic flawless scale drops, along with mass drops of stacks of tier 1/2/3 of the raid items, i want to test the blue/black on my wiz/rogue, respectively, and rebellion/tablecloth on my rogue/wiz, again respectively
    G-land Reiain : 20monk(not done), life 2
    Artiforge: 20 artificer/5epic/5magister(not done), life 1
    Cellenthia: 20sorc/5draconic incarnation, life 2 | Cellisianna: 20 druid/5Primal Avatar |Conaught, Celleria, cellisia

HELL I cannot wait to see you there!!!
    But next time can you please come at sooner time like 4pm or 5pm?

Community Member

Default A couple of suggestions? Maybe three?

1. Random loot drops:

Can they be "binds to acount", rather than "binds to character"? Since it is "random"? It's hard to get the right item in the hands of the right characters, due to time constraints and depending upon your personal time zones. Accounts with multiple characters can't swap out fast enough, to gain full benefit of the EP and random loot drop events.

2. The Guide:

Needs an explanation of what is needed to advance your characters to their full potential. I wasn't aware of how to finish out the Destiny portion of my own characters and many of the players keep this information to themselves, for whatever reasons.

3. Guild Renown:

A "Guild Renown Guide", outside the Airhip Showroom. So the Devs don't have to worry about that anymore, when they show up on Lamannia.

Furthermore? Multiple event sessions, to accommodate global timezones, would make it easier for this game's global growth. Four different events, equally spaced would only create a six-hour time differential for all players, to deal with globally.

Just something to think about?

Thanks for listening.

PS Concerning the Guide concepts?

Experience Guide could have a "Complete your Destiny" option.

If the player hasn't claimed a destiny? The reply could be: "Consult the Fatespinner and claim your Destiny. Then, return to me for aid."

If they have claimed a destiny? Then it would give them the proper amount of Destiny Points and maybe an option for Fate Points, too?

The Guild Guide could have a link to the Store, for Guild purchases. And any other things you might find convenient, to alleviate the Devs handling it, during events.
    Last edited by Eckabenar; 01-23-2013 at 02:44 PM. Reason: A post script to it.

Community Member

I'll be there with bells on!

As a suggestion, maybe plat and tomes every 15 minutes (that seems to be something nobody seems to get enough of) I know that would get boring for you Squeak but it would probably help curb the rabidness (srsly it's like trying to find a Tickle Me Elmo on Christmas Eve..)

So instead of finding out why the group failed. Random loot and xp is the answer?

Figure out why you failed, sleep on it and figure out how to improve so it does not happen again is much better and more pro active than throwing out and giving out xp and gear and hope it works.

Just my opinon.

Edit: but being a, "god", in the game you might see a character you partied with and give him or her the right gear to make it happen. And then my argument is superfluous.
    Last edited by Zorth; 01-23-2013 at 06:28 PM.
    The Blood of the Red Dragon

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zorth View Post
    So instead of finding out why the group failed. Random loot and xp is the answer?

Figure out why you failed, sleep on it and figure out how to improve so it does not happen again is much better and more pro active than throwing out and giving out xp and gear and hope it works.

Just my opinon.

Edit: but being a, "god", in the game you might see a character you partied with and give him or her the right gear to make it happen. And then my argument is superfluous.

The loot has nothing to do with groups failing.. The forums are for people to share their experiences and why they fail.. The loot is so people who use the NPC to get their characters to 25 (so they can try this content) will be able to actually use their characters.