Default Laceration lore removed from game?

I was just checking out alchemical crafting on wiki as I'm starting to think about caster sticks for my cleric. I note that laceration lore is no longer listed; it's been changed to kinteic lore. This would be a massive nerf for divines, as kinetic lore does NOT boost blade barrier; only laceration lore does.

Is wiki wrong? Does laceration lore still exist?

Looks like a misinformed edit, would have to check the altars to be sure.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    I was just checking out alchemical crafting on wiki as I'm starting to think about caster sticks for my cleric. I note that laceration lore is no longer listed; it's been changed to kinteic lore. This would be a massive nerf for divines, as kinetic lore does NOT boost blade barrier; only laceration lore does.

Is wiki wrong? Does laceration lore still exist?
    I don't remember laceration lore (not surprising since I find Cannith crafting way overly burdensome); but if BB on divines is the same as on arties - kinetic does help your bb's. If they're different, my apologies.

Some random rock hurdling through the universe to who knows where...

Quote Originally Posted by fco-karatekid View Post
    I don't remember laceration lore (not surprising since I find Cannith crafting way overly burdensome); but if BB on divines is the same as on arties - kinetic does help your bb's. If they're different, my apologies.
    Kinetic lore does not affect blade barriers, neither divine or arti. Impulse does, but the only lore that affects them is arcane lore and laceration lore. Impulse specifically states that it affects physical and untyped damge, while kinetic lore specifically states that it affects force damage. If you have reason to believe that kinetic lore affects blade barrier, please provide proof: testing, dev confirmation, release notes, etc. I've been through this debate before and testing showed kinetic did not apply. So if this has changed, please show proof.

@EllisDee I also noticed the change on wiki and was wondering the same.
    White Feather Sniper: dps focused, 62DC paralyzing arrows human ranged ranger/The Divine Cuisinart: human tempest in divine crusader/Hassan's Assassin: 81DC halfling assassin/The Count of Monte Cristo: human swashbuckler/Dubbell O'Seven: WF artificer
    Abandoned builds: Totally Bass Ackwards/Santa's Little Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by CThruTheEgo View Post
    Kinetic lore does not affect blade barriers, neither divine or arti. Impulse does, but the only lore that affects them is arcane lore and laceration lore. Impulse specifically states that it affects physical and untyped damge, while kinetic lore specifically states that it affects force damage. If you have reason to believe that kinetic lore affects blade barrier, please provide proof: testing, dev confirmation, release notes, etc. I've been through this debate before and testing showed kinetic did not apply. So if this has changed, please show proof.

@EllisDee I also noticed the change on wiki and was wondering the same.
    Nope, and no need for aggression - I assumed untyped was the same for lore as it was for Impulse (includes untyped)... now I haz a sad.

Some random rock hurdling through the universe to who knows where...

Quote Originally Posted by fco-karatekid View Post
    Nope, and no need for aggression - I assumed untyped was the same for lore as it was for Impulse (includes untyped)... now I haz a sad.
    No aggression intended, my apologies if that is how it came across. I was just trying to ask for evidence of possible change to a confusing mechanic. I hope no offense was taken.
    White Feather Sniper: dps focused, 62DC paralyzing arrows human ranged ranger/The Divine Cuisinart: human tempest in divine crusader/Hassan's Assassin: 81DC halfling assassin/The Count of Monte Cristo: human swashbuckler/Dubbell O'Seven: WF artificer
    Abandoned builds: Totally Bass Ackwards/Santa's Little Slayer

Community Member

I tested this a while back on a FVS. I equipped a greater (or was it major?) kinetic lore item, de-equipped my arcane lore item, went into an explorer area, and observed hundreds of BB ticks on a ton of mobs. Not one crit.

Thumbs up Laceration Still on the Crafting Machine

I was just in LoB and I recalled this thread, so I checked the interface on the Cannith Binding Station.

Superior Laceration Lore is still there under Bind ***** Elemental (Tier 2 Spell Au...

I didn't actually craft an item, but I think you still can.

"They" do hate divine casters, but not to the degree of remove the only item with laceration lore from the game.

Community Member

Maybe someone can check on Lammia?
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread