Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Default Epic Dungeon Tokens - Unlootable

I'm soloing EN Servants of the Overlord and got 62 Epic Dungeon Token Fragments from the Optional Disrupt the Ritual chest. Upon attempting to loot them it is informing me that I was not present during the quest or that the quest was not yet over and that I cannot loot the fragments. Again, I am soloing. There are 5 gold seal hirelings in use and a summon.

Quote Originally Posted by 4tonmantis View Post
    I'm soloing EN Servants of the Overlord and got 62 Epic Dungeon Token Fragments from the Optional Disrupt the Ritual chest. Upon attempting to loot them it is informing me that I was not present during the quest or that the quest was not yet over and that I cannot loot the fragments. Again, I am soloing. There are 5 gold seal hirelings in use and a summon.
    You can't loot them with double clicking or loot all until the quest is complete. You can drag them to your inventory though before completion. This is currently the way it is working on live too.

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Technically, you have NOT completed the quest that point, and epic fragments and tokens have a quest completion requirement on them. You have two options here, either simply slide the tokens to your backpack instead of trying to loot all or click them, or ddoor and run back. I prefer the sliding method myself.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    Technically, you have NOT completed the quest that point, and epic fragments and tokens have a quest completion requirement on them. You have two options here, either simply slide the tokens to your backpack instead of trying to loot all or click them, or ddoor and run back. I prefer the sliding method myself.
    I realize I haven't finished the quest. I also understand now that there is a workaround. However, this is not the way it should be. If the token fragments are in the chest, you should be able to use the interface as it is designed, therefore, this is a bug or at the very least poor design/implementation.

I realize I haven't finished the quest. I also understand now that there is a workaround. However, this is not the way it should be. If the token fragments are in the chest, you should be able to use the interface as it is designed, therefore, this is a bug or at the very least poor design/implementation.
    Sure this is not WAI.
    But DDO is full of bugs and this is not one of the most annoying at all.
    So sometimes u just need to swallow the toad (EDIT: italian way to say "u must do it the hard way") and go on ^^
    ALL HAIL TO ITS SQUISHY-MAJESTY SIR KNORR, LORD OF OOZES AND MASTER OF SLIME
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=386688

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Of you can look at it as "Hey, they gave us extra tokens, I just have to drag instead of click" and be happy they gave us tokens. People complain too much, and I would think the devs response would be to just remove the tokens from the chest and we do without. This is the only chest in the game that isn't an end chest that gives them. I'm not entirely sure it handing them out is WAI. But I like it, that's a vicious fight.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Community Member

Give me a break guys.
    First, we are testing software, something I have done for a long time both professionally and for fun (this falling into the fun category). We are here both as customers of varying degrees, and as supposedly objective, impartial observers, sent to report things that are not working as they should. You cannot do this effectively if you are too busy looking at everything as a divine blessing that we are lucky just to have.

Second, DDO is a business. Testing and more-so, logging into live is like walking into a department store, restaurant, or amusement park. The things they put in or do not put in are products I have paid for.

Third, most importantly, and finally, if Turbine has elected to put something into the software and asked for feedback, then it is our responsibility as testers to report things that are not working as intended. Doing this does not make me ungrateful, it means I am responsible and take my role as a tester seriously. This is not "free time" where we are getting to do loads of cool stuff for free. We have a task to perform. DDO/Turbine has made the active choice to have tokens drop in these chests. As a tester, I have to assume this is intended to utilize the UI that is in place and if it does not behave as one would expect, I have (as per my agreement to test) accepted the responsibility of making this known.

Community Member

Of you can look at it as "Hey, they gave us extra tokens, I just have to drag instead of click" and be happy they gave us tokens. People complain too much, and I would think the devs response would be to just remove the tokens from the chest and we do without. This is the only chest in the game that isn't an end chest that gives them. I'm not entirely sure it handing them out is WAI. But I like it, that's a vicious fight.
    The number or severity of bugs outside of this are not important. You are approaching this from the standpoint of someone who stands to lose an accidental boon rather than that of the tester who is supposed to analyze things that are presented to them and report them where there are problems. No offense but that mindset is better suited for live. Testing requires that you at least attempt to be unbiased.

This is a bug. There should not be fragments in that chest. Epic Dungeon Tokens and fragments should only be at the end of a quest.
    Thank you for the bug report regarding this.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    This is a bug. There should not be fragments in that chest. Epic Dungeon Tokens and fragments should only be at the end of a quest.
    No problem, happy to help!

If you're going to change chests to take something away from us, how about fixing all the side chests of Dust and Overlords for EH/EE? Since release, EH/EE chests have dropped base items instead of seals like they should - EN is fine.

Community Member

You haven't been around the place long have you

Often times in DDO player designed workarounds are all we have on some issues FOR YEARS!

Meanwhile, coming to a dungeon near you.... UNDERWATER COMBAT.... It's the wave of the future!

People complain too much, and I would think the devs response would be to just remove the tokens from the chest and we do without..

Yep, saw that one coming!
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by smatt View Post
    You haven't been around the place long have you

Often times in DDO player designed workarounds are all we have on some issues FOR YEARS!

Meanwhile, coming to a dungeon near you.... UNDERWATER COMBAT.... It's the wave of the future!

The reason for that is because too many people call bug reporting complaining or say that there is more important stuff so don't bother reporting it. That is universal with just about every game I've tested and played. People need to watch Horton Hears a Who fo shizzle. That or read the book (srsly, it's like 30 pages long..).

Yes, there are going to be some bugs that the engine just can't support a fix for or that the devs look at it, can't fix it right away and put it into the ever-growing to-do list. You are also missing the point.. I saw a bug, reported it, it got acknowledged. End of story.

(it's so weird that a guy actually does what he's supposed to and all the players seem to take issue with it but the 1 dev that signs the thread actually says thanks.. that should tell you something about the other "testers")

Community Member

The reason for that is because too many people call bug reporting complaining or say that there is more important stuff so don't bother reporting it. That is universal with just about every game I've tested and played. People need to watch Horton Hears a Who fo shizzle. That or read the book (srsly, it's like 30 pages long..).

Yes, there are going to be some bugs that the engine just can't support a fix for or that the devs look at it, can't fix it right away and put it into the ever-growing to-do list. You are also missing the point.. I saw a bug, reported it, it got acknowledged. End of story.

(it's so weird that a guy actually does what he's supposed to and all the players seem to take issue with it but the 1 dev that signs the thread actually says thanks.. that should tell you something about the other "testers")
    I often point out certain people who act like "Star bellied sneetches".... And most of the time I get a blank stare type reaction.....

In any case, had you been around this place long enough, you'd knwo that for years we reported bugs, over and over in many cases... Then 6 months later we would get Dev responses like "We've never heard of that bug"... Seriously, this wasn't just an isolated case..... Th ebug reports went stright into some trash can somewhere. And then for near on 2 years the bug reporting tool was completely bugged to the point where they literally turned it off for a year . Still to do this it's often times bugs for many people...

So bug reporting and DDO is a complicated thing..... Although, at times lately at least they seem to react faster than they have in the past.... But many of us are pretty skeptical..... I mean wouldn't you be of a company and specifically a lead producer of an online game that would completely shut it's bug reporting tool for a year?

On this one, well they're reading the forums a lot right now due to U-17 being on Lama... Which is a good thing in both cases.....

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by smatt View Post
    I often point out certain people who act like "Star bellied sneetches".... And most of the time I get a blank stare type reaction.....

In any case, had you been around this place long enough, you'd knwo that for years we reported bugs, over and over in many cases... Then 6 months later we would get Dev responses like "We've never heard of that bug"... Seriously, this wasn't just an isolated case..... Th ebug reports went stright into some trash can somewhere. And then for near on 2 years the bug reporting tool was completely bugged to the point where they literally turned it off for a year . Still to do this it's often times bugs for many people...

So bug reporting and DDO is a complicated thing..... Although, at times lately at least they seem to react faster than they have in the past.... But many of us are pretty skeptical..... I mean wouldn't you be of a company and specifically a lead producer of an online game that would completely shut it's bug reporting tool for a year?

On this one, well they're reading the forums a lot right now due to U-17 being on Lama... Which is a good thing in both cases.....
    It can't possibly be worse than MTG:Tactics (or any SOE game) or Champions Online. Most of the other games I test are pre-launch during test, so they tend to pay a little more attention to bugs.

As to them shutting off the bug reporting tool.. there are possible answers to that which make them seem less sinister (please take this as an outsider's perspective not an apologist). If the bug reporting tool had the same problems as MyDDO seems to have, then they may have wanted to take it offline until they could get it fixed so people weren't sending false reports and believing that the bugs had been received when they had not.

You continually point out that "I've not been around" but I've played DDO off and on (honestly more off than on) since about the time Big Top became available I believe. I've been playing video games since the 80s, have a 4 year degree in game design, 5 years professional QA experience, and have alpha/beta-tested something like 20+ games on the side. The specifics of this community are not nearly as unique as you might think. The dynamics here are very similar to every other game I've been involved with. The difference, most of the other existing communities are less organized and the devs are not nearly this involved.

EDIT: OH also, you might want to try re-reporting the ladder bug :P
    Last edited by 4tonmantis; 01-22-2013 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    If you're going to change chests to take something away from us, how about fixing all the side chests of Dust and Overlords for EH/EE? Since release, EH/EE chests have dropped base items instead of seals like they should - EN is fine.
    This.

If you are using manpower to fix a bug which was beneficial to the players in a marginal way, it would be nice to use an equal amount of manpower to fix related bugs which are hampering the player's experience for the same time. You need to keep the world in balance, don't you?
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Community Member

It can't possibly be worse than MTG:Tactics (or any SOE game) or Champions Online. Most of the other games I test are pre-launch during test, so they tend to pay a little more attention to bugs.
    Here's something simple... I don't give a darned about those other games

As to them shutting off the bug reporting tool.. there are possible answers to that which make them seem less sinister (please take this as an outsider's perspective not an apologist). If the bug reporting tool had the same problems as MyDDO seems to have, then they may have wanted to take it offline until they could get it fixed so people weren't sending false reports and believing that the bugs had been received when they had not.
    Who said anything about sinister? I'm not some internet idiot that thinks everything is a vast consipiracy.... Shutting it down instead of FIXING it was stupid... It was bad business, it was bad budget prioritization.
    You continually point out that "I've not been around" but I've played DDO off and on (honestly more off than on) since about the time Big Top became available I believe. I've been playing video games since the 80s, have a 4 year degree in game design, 5 years professional QA experience, and have alpha/beta-tested something like 20+ games on the side. The specifics of this community are not nearly as unique as you might think. The dynamics here are very similar to every other game I've been involved with. The difference, most of the other existing communities are less organized and the devs are not nearly this involved.
    Don't care... I climbed a tree, does that matter to you? No it doesn't? See how that works I never said a thing about this being a unique place, or community, I gave you a set of fact as to why people are skeptical of these types of siuations at times around HERE. That's it... You can create whatever you want out of it....
    Who cares....
    Last edited by smatt; 01-22-2013 at 05:42 PM.

Hero

Since you're in the chest tables, please have Servants/Dust chests drop seals on EH/EE. They've been broken for almost a year.
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Fact: it took 6 years and 20+ bug reports to get something fixed. Oh wait, not it didn't. It took 6 years of complaining on the forums to actually get something that broke the heck out of combat fixed. Bug reports did NOTHING. It took getting the attention of a developer for them to go "huh?"

Go ahead and read Dr. Shizzle if you want, but if you really want something fixed after doing bug reports on the same topic does not get the issue fixed after 2 updates, you become vocal on the forums.

And you will never get the actual issue fixed because it has nothing to do with ladders, only that ladders are the most obvious setup for the issue. Other such setups include jumping frequently changing your elevation with each landing, and knee high water running. This issue as well has existed for years. Do you know what it is yet? I do, and I sure as heck don't know of any easy solution for it. Well.. not one they'd like any way.
    Last edited by Missing_Minds; 01-22-2013 at 04:50 PM.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast