Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Don't bother linking next time. Last I was told by a Turbine Rep is that QA isn't allowed to hit up links included no matter the data it may hold.
    Oh, so that's what I did wrong the first two times I've reported this.

Well, I've reported it again just now and included a sort of an apology to the QA team:
    Unfortunately, despite employees imploring us to give You step by step reproduction procedure, I have so far been unable to purposefully prevent a random event (with a very low chance of occurrence) from not happening. I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    If there's something wrong with shard/seal drops in that chain, please, for the love of all that is holy, put in a detailed bug report with steps to reproduce that our Quality Assurance team can follow.
    If our QA team can verify a bug, then they assign it to a developer to get fixed.
    It really is hearth sinking as a gamer to read a reply like this, when a bug has been reported for months and the employee assigned to work on it hasn't even been told?!

This particular bug has been reported since the release of u14, along with the information available from the players side to reproduce it, if the QA team can't reproduce it I'm astounded and it is I'm afraid all on their side.

Do you know that the Anthem effect on Blasting chime from u11 still doesn't work? That bug has been reported for close to one and a half year now, admittedly I haven't bug reported it for several months now, but really how many bug reports should it take? Should we file one every week? Month? For something to happen, shouldn't once be enough*?

*related to this why isn't there a way to update your filed bug reports? When you experience a bug first hand every time you play the game you will likely gather further information on it the longer it persists and refiling a new report every time seems like a waste of both the players and QA teams time.
    The Tarcane Death knight; a solo friendly plate wearing (0% spell failure) arcane knight.

If there's something wrong with shard/seal drops in that chain, please, for the love of all that is holy, put in a detailed bug report with steps to reproduce that our Quality Assurance team can follow.
    If our QA team can verify a bug, then they assign it to a developer to get fixed.
    You don't think we haven't? For the love of all that is holy fix the stupid bug reporting system/process. Fix the QA system that allows such a bug in the first place. Stop pointing fingers and do your job.
    Ghallanda Rerolled
    LeLodar LeLothian LeLoki LeLoman LeLonia LeLog

Community Member

I'm sorry, I refuse to yet again bug report the bug reporting system.... It hasn't gotten anywhere in the past... And after all these years, I don't expect that trend to ever stop....

This is a bug. There should not be fragments in that chest. Epic Dungeon Tokens and fragments should only be at the end of a quest.
    Thank you for the bug report regarding this.
    Now ain't that an interesting contrast.

For the love of all that is holy can you please answer mine as well as many others inquiries about more important stuff like the skybreaker lore attributes and the weakness of yellow slots rather than some nonsensical guessing game regarding a stupid random gen challenge loot mechanic.

Thank you.
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

What information are you lacking that is not present in already submitted reports that we could possibly have access to without breaking the EULA in half?
    Last edited by Scraap; 01-29-2013 at 02:06 PM.

I stopped reporting bugs when the bug reporting tool stopped working. Sorry, I should've fixed that.
    Hilarious Princess....Sorry your life is so medicore after all this time..Lol, you are scared of a farmer? with a tractor....?

Two things:

1) how can we bug report something that "appears" to be borked? Since you all will not share the drop rates/drop mechanic with us other than to say there is a base percentage that something will drop to someone how to we know definitely that every single person in every single run of every single quest ran at EH and EE hasn't rolled a 1 and gotten **** loot.

Share the percentages and we will provide hard facts. If I personally have to loot 10000 chests I'll do it.

2) Are the pleas of your playerbase not enough to make you look into something, or do you not talk to the quality department? Why must we use the totally borked system that 90% of the time doesn't work. If it was simple or free to use (don't forget you must be VIP or purchased points in the last x days) then everyone might be more willing to use it. As a premium player that owns every pack and has spent WAY too much money here (just ask my wife, my only out is that it isn't spent on a bar tab or strip club) I find it appalling that I have to purchase more points just to tell you that you ****ed up again.

As a person who works in Quality at a pharma company I find it disgraceful that your company doesn't look into things that your customers compliants tell you are wrong. That would be like me ignoring the complaints of customers who didn't get 2/3 of their medicine and telling them to call our automated system that won't let them get past "press 1 for English" how about you print this thread and email it to the manager of quality and tell them to do their damn job!
    Darkrune TRx2 lvl 20 FvS, Darkdivinity lvl 20 cleric, Darkaxe lvl 20 fighter, Darktune TRx1 lvl 4bard, Darkbow lvl 20 AA Ranger, Darksoldier TRx1 lvl 20 Barb, Darkspells TRx2 lvl 20 Wizard, Darkbattle TRx1 lvl 20 artificer, Darktemper lvl 17 Ranger, Darkfists TRx1 lvl 20 Monk, Darkherald lvl 5 paladin Guild Leader of No Politics Thelanis Server

Community Member

It's not like the Devs are ignoring things that players have repeatedly asked to me fix or changed (such as doing something about the old epic loot tables, fixing the flagging mechanism for Threnal and the Necro chains, completing enhancements, having a decent bug report) and instead are fixing and updating Potions of Wonder...

Default Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by darkrune View Post
    Two things:

1) how can we bug report something that "appears" to be borked? Since you all will not share the drop rates/drop mechanic with us other than to say there is a base percentage that something will drop to someone how to we know definitely that every single person in every single run of every single quest ran at EH and EE hasn't rolled a 1 and gotten **** loot.

Share the percentages and we will provide hard facts. If I personally have to loot 10000 chests I'll do it.

2) Are the pleas of your playerbase not enough to make you look into something, or do you not talk to the quality department? Why must we use the totally borked system that 90% of the time doesn't work. If it was simple or free to use (don't forget you must be VIP or purchased points in the last x days) then everyone might be more willing to use it. As a premium player that owns every pack and has spent WAY too much money here (just ask my wife, my only out is that it isn't spent on a bar tab or strip club) I find it appalling that I have to purchase more points just to tell you that you ****ed up again.

As a person who works in Quality at a pharma company I find it disgraceful that your company doesn't look into things that your customers compliants tell you are wrong. That would be like me ignoring the complaints of customers who didn't get 2/3 of their medicine and telling them to call our automated system that won't let them get past "press 1 for English" how about you print this thread and email it to the manager of quality and tell them to do their damn job!
    I agree whole heartedly. I would add I don't know how to bug report something when bug reporting doesn't work. With the great pet purge I tried bug reporting and couldn't get it done. It took me to a LotR graphic and no choices. So I had to file multiple tickets which were answered with "we can't help you with this issue, file a bug report, is there any other way we can help?" GAH! Also I have all but quit filing tickets because I get a red explanation mark similar to the guild announcement ones that says "Your ticket has been updated, click here for details." I think "What ticket?" Because it has been a long time since I filed any, so I click it. And BAM game crashes. I would bug report it, but when I try it won't work. BTW fwiw I am still a stupid one (VIP) still trying to figure out that acronym cause "I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    Dungeon Alert and difficulty scaling killing LFMs since 9-1-2009.

Give me a list of all the things I've bug reported so I can tell what constantly broken, annoying things I've already reported and I'll help more. I think I've only put in about 20 bug reports and I have no idea what's going on.

QA probably doesn't have the skill set or tools to even verify something like this. I'm sure they get a ton of false reports on drop rates anyway, since drop rates are, for the most part, unpublished, and even when a dev comments on them, it's unofficial and not necessarily broken if the rate doesn't match what a dev said. Has anyone actually done the math on tome drop rates, for example? If it's dropping at 1:400 instead of 1:333, is QA going to verify that as a bug? Serious questions, I have no idea what your QA process is, but they may not have the process to even legitimately respond to those bugs, so they just flush them as "Working As Designed".

So even though the player base has submitted tens if not hundreds of bug reports on this specific issue, QA may never assign it to a developer.

It has been bug reported by me in the past as well. The content of my bug report would have said something along the lines of epic seals are only dropping on EN while EH and EE drop heroic named items instead.

Either the bug reporting software or the procedure used for finding the reported bugs needs to be reviewed. It may need something as simple as the tester being able to PM the person that reported the bug for more info.

There is a reason why some of these reports are not making where they need to. I will say that the last couple art related bugs that I reported got fixed in following updates, such as the Tears of Selune missing, so it's not a complete breakdown of the system.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4tonmantis View Post
    I realize I haven't finished the quest. I also understand now that there is a workaround. However, this is not the way it should be. If the token fragments are in the chest, you should be able to use the interface as it is designed, therefore, this is a bug or at the very least poor design/implementation.
    The bug is most likely that the fragments/tokens do not belong there at all. Not that you can drag them in to your Inventory.

Steps to reproduce:
    complete quest on Epic Hard or Epic Elite.
    No seals drop in quest.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrix View Post
    Steps to reproduce:
    complete quest on Epic Hard or Epic Elite.
    No seals drop in quest.
    You left off a few steps:

Repeat until Ransack
    Swap toons, repeat until Ransack
    Etc.

Half the time when I try to bug report something the tool doesn't work at all. And the other times when it says it works I'm not entirely sure it does. I do bug report stuff, but considering that some of the stuff I've reported is still buggy (like floating pets after they go up ladders) I find it kind of instructive when a dev goes on a tangent about the community should bug report it.

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    Just how much difficulty do your QA/devs have at reading loot tables? The problem is pretty obvious.
    You mean the ones a certain person published previously that MANY people have seen?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by rdasca View Post
    It has been bug reported repeatedly, heck I even reported it months ago. As for steps, it is easy run the quest on any difficulty other than epic normal, other than Spinner, nothing will drop, no seals no shards. As for Spinner I have seen seals and shards drop on both EH and EE, but honestly it "feels" like the drop rate is higher on EN, which is low as it is.
    This is somewhat wrong. I've seen shards in EH Servants. The lever optional chest and the dogs optional chest. I've also heard of the end chest dropping shards and the door-locked chest optional chest dropping seals extremely rarely(when it doesn't drop infinite darkstorm helms), but haven't seen either myself so can't say with validity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasparion
    You left off a few steps:

Repeat until Ransack
    Etc.
    You guys left out: do it with a full party of 6 characters.

Then do it all over again for the other difficulties.

Heck, you guys can make super-characters that just run through the content more than it's already ran through with U13. Monk with 200 reflex, 5000d6+5000/clvl Energy Burst twist(dc200) and 1barb(yes barb! alignment shmalignment!)/1pal splash for sprint boost, extra 10% speed and purifying altars. OMG, let me be a dev for an hour...
    ME BARB, ME SMA-ok I stand here with pretty blue lines around me. ok I take damage. ok bye.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfORCastrator View Post
    You guys left out: do it with a full party of 6 characters.

Then do it all over again for the other difficulties.

Heck, you guys can make super-characters that just run through the content more than it's already ran through with U13. Monk with 200 reflex, 5000d6+5000/clvl Energy Burst twist(dc200) and 1barb(yes barb! alignment shmalignment!)/1pal splash for sprint boost, extra 10% speed and purifying altars. OMG, let me be a dev for an hour...
    Or you could just read the loot tables directly out of the game files, which has been done. The guy that did it got his game account banned for bothering to show the DDO devs how the Abbot tables were broken, after the devs claimed they couldn't figure it out themselves.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...75#post4302375
    Last edited by cdr; 01-29-2013 at 08:33 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast