Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Fact: it took 6 years and 20+ bug reports to get something fixed. Oh wait, not it didn't. It took 6 years of complaining on the forums to actually get something that broke the heck out of combat fixed. Bug reports did NOTHING. It took getting the attention of a developer for them to go "huh?"

Go ahead and read Dr. Shizzle if you want, but if you really want something fixed after doing bug reports on the same topic does not get the issue fixed after 2 updates, you become vocal on the forums.

And you will never get the actual issue fixed because it has nothing to do with ladders, only that ladders are the most obvious setup for the issue. Other such setups include jumping frequently changing your elevation with each landing, and knee high water running. This issue as well has existed for years. Do you know what it is yet? I do, and I sure as heck don't know of any easy solution for it. Well.. not one they'd like any way.
    I can't even tell what tone this is supposed to be in. I am shocked to say.. neither the ladder on my airship nor the one in Waterworks (the two most easily available) are causing rubberbanding on test server. I don't know if it has actually been fixed but uh.. yeah.. it's not snapping back on me..

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    This is a bug. There should not be fragments in that chest. Epic Dungeon Tokens and fragments should only be at the end of a quest.
    Thank you for the bug report regarding this.
    All this time I was thinking that it was on purpose since it can be a difficult encounter. You should consider making optionals in epics that always get skipped, such as every side chest in e Bargain of Blood, drop small amounts of fragments.

Also, fix all of the other chests in Lords of Dust & Servants of the Overlord. The EH and EE versions of the non-epic chests have been bugged since June.

Bug reports have gotten us nowhere on this.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by Glenalth View Post
    All this time I was thinking that it was on purpose since it can be a difficult encounter. You should consider making optionals in epics that always get skipped, such as every side chest in e Bargain of Blood, drop small amounts of fragments.
    There are side chests in eBoB?
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Community Member

This is a bug. There should not be fragments in that chest. Epic Dungeon Tokens and fragments should only be at the end of a quest.
    That chest has always dropped frags/tokens it is an epic chest, i am assuming due to it being "extreme difficulty" (or challenge cant remember the wording). On another note i would gladly give those frags/tokens up if we could get seals to drop on EH/EE difficulty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    *fist shake* "Back in my day, we had to run the Coalescence Chamber up hill both ways! There wasn't even snow and the only slippery ice you could find was sleet storm! We had to imagine what snow would look like at Festivult time, and we liked it!"
    http://soundboards.cubicleninja.com/

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

Also, fix all of the other chests in Lords of Dust & Servants of the Overlord. The EH and EE versions of the non-epic chests have been bugged since June.

Agreed. Literally no one just farms that side chest since it takes longer to get to and complete from the beginning than it does to get from there to the end fight. It is also significantly harder than the end fight, so you'd be nuts not to complete.

There's no danger of some sneaky exploitative token farm.

Tokens and token fragments are an awesome incentive to actually do optionals. I would genuinely consider killing that Rust Monster in Snitch or the Assassination director in BoB, etc if they dropped fragments.

Also, please fix the issue with the side chests in Lords of Dust and Servants of the Overlord not dropping seals on EH and EE.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    In Von 3 the breakables in the Troll Ambassador optional room are slow to get to and unnecessary for ransack.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

Community Member

feather i guarantee you would be our favored dev if you could get the U13 content fixed for seal drops, players have been asking for this to be fixed for almost a year now and im sure its not that difficult to fix loot tables, assuming the coding for it is as simple as it should be. ###### chest drops ##### ####% of the time. there are hundreds of posts from users asking and complaining about this issue please someone for the love of god see it fixed. hell even if its an issue on a bigger scale just up the seal drop rate on normal so its actually possible to get the one we want. U17 is around the corner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    *fist shake* "Back in my day, we had to run the Coalescence Chamber up hill both ways! There wasn't even snow and the only slippery ice you could find was sleet storm! We had to imagine what snow would look like at Festivult time, and we liked it!"
    http://soundboards.cubicleninja.com/

Hero

After ransacking EN chests with friends for weeks on multiple toons, I've given up epic-fying my U13 gear (notably Bow of the Silver Flame). The EN seal/shard droprate is terrible and Turbine refuses to fix EH/EE loot tables. What's sad is that this is history repeating itself. When U5 was released, seals were not dropping in A Small Problem at all. At least that was fixed in U7...
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    After ransacking EN chests with friends for weeks on multiple toons, I've given up epic-fying my U13 gear (notably Bow of the Silver Flame). The EN seal/shard droprate is terrible and Turbine refuses to fix EH/EE loot tables. What's sad is that this is history repeating itself. When U5 was released, seals were not dropping in A Small Problem at all. At least that was fixed in U7...
    If there's something wrong with shard/seal drops in that chain, please, for the love of all that is holy, put in a detailed bug report with steps to reproduce that our Quality Assurance team can follow.
    If our QA team can verify a bug, then they assign it to a developer to get fixed.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

If there's something wrong with shard/seal drops in that chain, please, for the love of all that is holy, put in a detailed bug report with steps to reproduce that our Quality Assurance team can follow.
    If our QA team can verify a bug, then they assign it to a developer to get fixed.
    For the love of all that is holy, get the QA team a bug reporting system worth a damn.

For all that is understandable an actual list of player submitted bugs that ARE issues should be posted that way we know that an issue is an issue or an issue is not an issue.

I don't know the steps that QA does to test drops, but when players across servers are all saying the same thing, something is wrong. Players have to spend literal DAYS to figure this up. I seriously doubt that QA is allowed to blow budget in the same fashion, but it is the method that is important so it is what they should be doing.

Long standing bugs I don't report. Why? Why should I waste my time when obviously some manager doesn't give a damn about it that it never gets fixed. Which only goes to show lack of caring or programming ability at Turbine. Which sucks for the developers as that is who people/players will point their fingers at when in reality you can only perform on that which you are tasked (for the most part.)

edit: In fact, help us then. Bug report would be saying "Spinner of Shadows chain does not drop scrolls from mob kills nor do seals/shards drop in chest on Epic Hard or Epic Normal".
    Now seriously, and I am NOT being sarcastic here, what more do you need us to say for QA to re produce this?
    Last edited by Missing_Minds; 01-29-2013 at 10:54 AM.

it seems pretty simple, old epic loot tables were called epic.

new epic hard and epic elite loot tables are called epic hard and epic elite.

epic normal is by default still just referred to as epic.

this chain wasn't updated to get epic hard / epic elite tables, we're just lucky epic normal is referred to as epic.
    Last edited by fTdOmen; 01-29-2013 at 10:58 AM.

It has been bug reported repeatedly, heck I even reported it months ago. As for steps, it is easy run the quest on any difficulty other than epic normal, other than Spinner, nothing will drop, no seals no shards. As for Spinner I have seen seals and shards drop on both EH and EE, but honestly it "feels" like the drop rate is higher on EN, which is low as it is.

Of course your comment leads to a larger issue, either you did not check Turbine's internal bug list to see if it had been reported, which I can kind of understand, busy and all that, ok; however, if you did check and several reports are not already listed then, I would say, "This is why a lot of us have little faith in the bug reporting tool."

While I know Turbine will not do it, it is high time the known bug list be made public and be updated on the fly, I would suggest using something like Jara and giving the community read only access, this why we could see what bugs are listed and if we have any additional input that would be helpful or not. As it is most people do not bother with bug reporting, simply because they know it will either be ignored or it will be months before it is ever looked at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    I just don't think it's right to make fun of DDO's NPCs. Infractions for everyone!

Issues are reported with a bug reporting tool.
    Your QA problem is that they are just lazy.
    I bet that your bug_reports table in the database has over 9000 unresolved reports (double reports included).

The main reason why you refuse to fix GUI bugs or similar things is not that they aren't reported, it's just because most developers just don't think it worth it. They rather like to work on the new things and think how great their skill is.

The main point here is that devs don't like details and they postpone them.

I mean, take a look at your game. It takes 7 years for you to finally make full prestige enhancements for every class you have in the game. Instead of doing revamps and rebalancing, you'll actually implement most lines for the first time ever!!!

It's not that you lack originality, it's just that you're to sloppy.

Your servers are trash! Get some new hardware!

I have more complaints and believe me, it's not worth it to make a systematic approach to analyzing what you broke with every update. That's your QA Department's job!
    You don't care for the quality of the service you deliver. Lamannia is just a small step towards "functionally correct game" and "good communication with players".

You are asking us to give steps to reproduce an event that is by its very nature a random event with misery% chance of happening?
    How exactly should we do that? I'm really happy to help, but I can see no other information that we can give on this, than N runs (en/eh/ee) and N drops (en/eh/ee) and we've already reported that (I have a few months ago). And still that is nothing more, than saying: run the quest enough times to get a good enough statistical sample (there will NEVER be a definite proof).
    Or are you all expecting to get 1000 quest run reports, including: levels of all characters, classes of all characters, EDs of all characters, completion times, etc... before you even get to believe us? Not even fix or investigate, just believe.
    I'm giving everyone the benefit of the doubt and I honestly very much respect all of your work (You and everyone at Turbine), but this suggestion sounds really idiotic. Imploring us to do something impossible will not help anyone.
    Last edited by BruceTheHoon; 01-29-2013 at 11:35 AM.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

To be fair, a lot of us TRY to report bugs, but the bug report tool fails to work. A lot. More times than I am successfull at getting a bug report in.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Just how much difficulty do your QA/devs have at reading loot tables? The problem is pretty obvious.

Also, most players are not professional system analysts and basically don't care much about how they word their bug reports. I understand that's impossible to fix a bug which you cannot reproduce or cannot find.

But give me a break, you're a professional company worth over 300 million US$ - can't you organize yourself better?
    It's not about being overzealous, but even if you get a report - it's your job to try to find a bug. Not every report will have a step-by-step approach of describing things. Sure, ignore it... But for most you should fix them and not put them on "known issues list".

"Known issues list" is a lazy sticky which tells the world - "Hey, here are the things we know about and don't want to fix or don't have the time!" Find time!
    It's bugs and lag that ruin this game. It would be a far better game you didn't focus so much on updating your store with trash items! It would be far better if you'd just do what you do best - produce diverse content - with new story lines, new monsters, new items and not somewhat refurbishing old content.

Old content is mostly a drag - something that must be consumed to get to the "new good stuff".

I see complaints don't make sense. This won't change no matter what I say.
    Do whatever and however you like.
    Last edited by red_cardinal; 01-29-2013 at 11:25 AM.

This has been going on since epic gained more difficulties. Kind of surprised with all the threads out there, that this has been overlooked.

I went ahead and bugged reported it and attached the link below to it.

https://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=384871

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NytCrawlr View Post
    This has been going on since epic gained more difficulties. Kind of surprised with all the threads out there, that this has been overlooked.

I went ahead and bugged reported it and attached the link below to it.

https://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=384871
    Don't bother linking next time. Last I was told by a Turbine Rep is that QA isn't allowed to hit up links included no matter the data it may hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Don't bother linking next time. Last I was told by a Turbine Rep is that QA isn't allowed to hit up links included no matter the data it may hold.
    Well, I went into details too. Hopefully that was enough if they aren't allowed to hit up an almost year old link that has a ton of qualifying information.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast