Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Community Member Grosbeak07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    7,590

    Default Additional NPC's needed in Gianthold

    Since Gianthold is going to become a new hub of activity, there should be a couple of additional NPCs. If they are currently in the Lama version, I'm just not seeing them!

    A Fatespinner
    Epic Hireling Vendor

    Thanks!
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grosbeak07 View Post
    Since Gianthold is going to become a new hub of activity, there should be a couple of additional NPCs. If they are currently in the Lama version, I'm just not seeing them!

    A Fatespinner
    Epic Hireling Vendor

    Thanks!
    It would be pretty easy to expand the area to the right of the entrance of Reaver's Fate/FoT (the right, facing the door) to have another door into an inside "epic" area or somesuch.

    Speaking of.. the door to TOR goes into the same tower as Reaver's Fate.. yet, physically, the quest takes up more room than what we visibly see. Now that we have seen the areas above and below the inner sanctum, where exactly is TOR supposed to be taking place?

  3. #3
    Community Member Jaid314's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4tonmantis View Post
    It would be pretty easy to expand the area to the right of the entrance of Reaver's Fate/FoT (the right, facing the door) to have another door into an inside "epic" area or somesuch.

    Speaking of.. the door to TOR goes into the same tower as Reaver's Fate.. yet, physically, the quest takes up more room than what we visibly see. Now that we have seen the areas above and below the inner sanctum, where exactly is TOR supposed to be taking place?
    well, the first room you go into, the stormreaver opens something like 6 or 7 portals to various areas and starts calling in giant reinforcements, if you remember.

    it's entirely possible the reason you need to actually get permission to go into the tor, rather than just kicking in the door, is that you have to be teleported there.

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaid314 View Post
    well, the first room you go into, the stormreaver opens something like 6 or 7 portals to various areas and starts calling in giant reinforcements, if you remember.

    it's entirely possible the reason you need to actually get permission to go into the tor, rather than just kicking in the door, is that you have to be teleported there.
    That is one plausible explanation, but we're getting to the point where a lot of aspects which were not completely planned out are starting to leave gaps that we are being required to make up stories/excuses for. Yes, it is a fantastical setting with limitless possibilities, but let's not allow that to become a crutch.

    For the record, yes, clicking a donkey cart in Eveningstar to access not 1 but 2 quests does bug me to no end.

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,822

    Default

    There hireling vendor that is there should just be expanded to have the full range.

    I agree on the fatespinner tho.


    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

  6. #6
    The Hatchery sirgog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    17,129

    Default

    /signed re fatespinner.

    As for a portable idiot vendor - why not?
    I don't have a zerging problem.

    I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

  7. #7

    Default

    I dunno ... seems like they'd want to encourage at least some high-level foot traffic through the Market. It's reasonable to put those out in Faerun (as you're going through a SWTOR-esque door sequence, and then a lengthy run to town), but GH is, like, right there.
    Brenna / Tzanna, The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent on Argo
    "As the party's resident trap expert ..." <dies with smug yet surprised expression on face>

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SableShadow View Post
    I dunno ... seems like they'd want to encourage at least some high-level foot traffic through the Market. It's reasonable to put those out in Faerun (as you're going through a SWTOR-esque door sequence, and then a lengthy run to town), but GH is, like, right there.
    Except, to the best of my knowledge, the ONLY epic hireling vendor is in Eveningstar.


    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

  9. #9
    Community Member Ginarrbrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    247

    Default

    The fatespinner in the market isnt that far away. Sure, it wouldnt hurt, but i wouldnt say its important. Adding epic hirelings to the vendor would be nice though.
    ~ *Nikibrik* - The Prime Healer (All EDs Capped) | Brogburt - The Warlord (All EDs Capped) | Kallistie - The Arch Necromancer | Capricio - The Lore-keeper | Thorbim - The Outlaw ~
    Thelanis ~ <The True Path>

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    136

    Default taking this idea a little further

    Why not change this so that the outside area is like an open-air bazaar for vendors, trainers, social stuff, etc, and the tower (the current entrance to the inner sanctum) actually becomes a more organized place for the NPCs that give quests.. That way the inner sanctum isn't the only sanctum (and actually feels like you're going deeper into Jabba's palace) and we have a potential for more portals? It would be more like the tower of the twelve this way.

    Also, while we're at it.. why not have Stormreaver sit on a massive throne to start off.. the guy is always sitting around on the dirt like some bum rather than the head honcho of the giants.

  11. #11
    Community Member UurlockYgmeov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Somewhere on the waters of this planet.
    Posts
    4,735

    Default

    Devs have already stated that epic hirelings will be added to eGH before it goes live.

    Fatespinner makes sense.

  12. #12
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    224

    Default

    The Epic Hireling vendor is there next to the regular Hireling vendor.

  13. #13
    The Hatchery sirgog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    17,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SableShadow View Post
    I dunno ... seems like they'd want to encourage at least some high-level foot traffic through the Market. It's reasonable to put those out in Faerun (as you're going through a SWTOR-esque door sequence, and then a lengthy run to town), but GH is, like, right there.
    The Market is one of the most overcrowded and laggy public instances in DDO. I avoid it like the plague.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

    I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

  14. #14
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Freddy View Post
    The Epic Hireling vendor is there next to the regular Hireling vendor.
    Good to know they added this!


    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload