Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Xynot2 View Post
    The old Im rubber your glue from gradeschool updated for adult consumption?
    Actually a legitimate question. Youve been posting for rep for some time, now that you have it, youve become VERY opinionated and rude. So ive been wondering whats up with you

As there is no official word, and unlikely to be one, do as you see fit.

You want to trade TP for plat then do it, if you are scared of being banned dont do it. Its simple.

If you are looking to turn people in or grief someone specific because they are doing it then I call shenanigans. Dont spend perfectly good gaming time trying to be a DDO cop. If something is against the rules and you dont want to risk the consequences then make the choice and dont do it.

This thread became very tedious, the OP wants official word, I searched and searched(not having awesome sauce search fu) and came up with nothing. So no official word exists. Believe me dont believe me. You want proof, I have linked all the nonexistant official words.

Please log in to the game, run some quests and ignore the trade channel. Or are you needing a couple hundred points for an armor kit?

Link
    Link
    Link
    Link
    Enjoy yourself your time on earth is very short.

All Kyber toons - Xirthax (Paladin) : Xirth (Wizard) : Xirthtrix (Fighter) : Xorthtrox(Monk)

http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...1&postcount=20

So there is the oficial answer or as close as you're gonna get

And by that post, it's bannable- thank you for your time.
    It's an old post and meanwhile has been clarified and addressed in the Terms of Service, which clearly states in #6 that Turbine Points have no monetary value.

So, to summarize from SDM's quote and the ToS:

"You may not advertise the intent to, or commit the act of, unauthorized selling or buying of game items for real-world monetary values."
    Turbine Points are a virtual currency which you may, at Turbine's discretion, exchange for virtual goods, services and attributes that can only be used in the Game. Turbine Points have no monetary value, and are not personal property.
    Emphasis mine. You may exchange Turbine Points for virtual goods, services and attributes - how official do you need it to be? It's in the ToS.
    Characters on Sarlona: Ungnad (Morninglord, Wizard 17 / Favored Soul 2 / Fighter 1) -- Baerktghar (Dwarf, Paladin 18 / Fighter 2) -- Simulacruhm (Bladeforged, Artificer 16 / Paladin 3 / Wizard 1)

No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people on your side that you wish were on the other.
    -- Jascha Heifetz

Quote Originally Posted by Beethoven View Post

Emphasis mine. You may exchange Turbine Points for virtual goods, services and attributes - how official do you need it to be? It's in the ToS.
    Turbine Points are a virtual currency which you may, at Turbine's discretion, exchange for virtual goods, services and attributes that can only be used in the game.

They like to make that nice and vague, dont they.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Thats not clear at all actually, we have one valid source saying one thing and another valid source saying another. Both employees of Turbine. In this case, id take the more recent one at face value.
    The most recent one is what would be followed, but that is not why I find it unclear. It is the legalize they use.

"real-world monetary values"

Just what does that mean? That something has a value based on a conversion rate? Or do they mean any currency used in real life global economic trade/goods/services? (such as the Dollar, Yen, Yaun, Euro, etc.)
    Pre TP, it was obvious they were intended it to mean real life currencies, real life trades, real life services.
    Now, it isn't so clear (per typical of legalize), and I'm pretty certain that the EULA has never been updated once to reflect this and it should be.

End result: Turbine can ban you and there is nothing you can do, and squeaky people will be squeaky until lubed or the friction destroys them.

edit:
    Ah, the terms of services actually defines it as currency.
    #7 of terms of service references code of conduct.

So yeap, we are free to trade TP for in game items.
    Last edited by Missing_Minds; 01-21-2013 at 03:49 PM.

Meridia Suburb of Stormreach, Xen'Drik. But have a vacation home in Cordova, Tennessee

It's an old post and meanwhile has been clarified and addressed in the Terms of Service, which clearly states in #6 that Turbine Points have no monetary value.

As stated before, they don't believe the since-that-post official Turbine posts regarding this issue...they are simply trolling.
    -Khyber- Loreseekers, Guild Leader
    Hordorabbi ~ Hordiva ~ Hordazzle ~ Hordorc ~ Hordeau ~ And dozens of other HordoToons™!
    High Rabbi of DDO
    Loreseekers Guild ~ H.o.r.d.o.'s How-To Guides @Loreseekers

No good, quoteing the TOS is not an official statement by a turbine employee, only they can quote it....

so its not proof!

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    End result: Keep it vague and you can rake in the cash.
    ftfy
    Brenna, Tzanna, and Tzinna Wavekin
    The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent

Quote Originally Posted by SableShadow View Post
    ftfy
    You left out: "and hopefully keep the local government from changing tax laws."

You left out: "and hopefully keep the local government from changing tax laws."
    Naw. Just move on to the next vaguely and/or poorly regulated area of the law.

Makes for a lot of cash in a relatively short time, apparently; I wish *my* ethics were that flexible.
    Ascent

When you can SHOW me a definitive answer from a turbine employee the way that I have, I'll listen. Until then, I'm going to write off all conjecture.
    Instead of placing the burden of proof on others, take it on yourself.

Make two threads (a small task, considering how many you've been making and keeping on the front page). In one, say "selling scrolls for TP codes." In the other, say "selling scrolls for cash or drugs." Then, see which one gets cubed!

SPOILER ALERT: It'll be the cash/drugs one.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to reason it out. People talk about trading items for TP codes on the forums every day without getting banned. People who try to sell in-game items for cash get banned before anyone even notices they said it. This game, and the forums as well, have EXTREMELY active moderators who are fairly thorough with removing content that violates the ToS. If it's talked about all the time without negative repercussions, it is relatively safe to assume that it's not a bannable offense. And, if it was, TALKING about it would also be a bannable offense.
    ZOMG! A sighting! <takes 13 seconds of grainy, out of focus footage>
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubethulu View Post
    I will digest things today knowing that someone cares.

Quote Originally Posted by ORIGINALBAG0 View Post
    <snip>
    ZOMG! A sighting!
    <takes 13 seconds of grainy, out of focus footage>
    Ascent

ZOMG! A sighting!
    <takes 13 seconds of grainy, out of focus footage>
    Hi, Brenna!

I had to do my annual walkabout after the AWFULNESS that was the last update. Once the hotfixes and half-updates went through, I could stand to play again.

The hitbox problems when U16 launched drove me back into my cave for a while. Now, I shaved off the fur, and can once again mingle with the humans.
    ZOMG! A sighting! <takes 13 seconds of grainy, out of focus footage>
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubethulu View Post
    I will digest things today knowing that someone cares.

Community Member

LOL, wow gamers really do fall off the short bus sometimes

(Not pointing at any specific person)

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    Actually a legitimate question. Youve been posting for rep for some time, now that you have it, youve become VERY opinionated and rude. So ive been wondering whats up with you
    I dont post for rep. I dont care about rep. I wouldnt care if I got no rep or neg rep for every post I ever make. I dont do it for the rep.

I slap back at people who only post to get attention in a thread that is asking a legitimate question. I slap back at posts who's sole intention it is to harass, intimidate, belittle or detract from the actual content of the thread. If you aren't going to post anything but garbage, expect garbage in return.

I'm ALWAYS opinionated. Im not a very good writer and I dont sugar coat things. I dont post with the intention of malice and if you take malice from what I say then you are the one with issues. The second post in this thread was posted by some one who told me in game that *turbine has allowed it for the last 3 years* and according to the 2 year old post I found, he was wrong. He also was rude and abusive in the game and decided to bring his attitude with him. I dont care.

What I care about is being able to speak the truth about this subject. What I care about is not giving people bad advice that can get them banned. What I care about is getting as many heads involved as possible to FIND the official word. Im not perfect so I could be searching the wrong word or combination of words to find what I'm looking for and all posts like yours are doing is distracting from that and are pointless and torlls. So help or stand aside and let those who are trying to get an answer do so and look forward to possibly being able to tell me *I told you so*. Anything else is being rude and offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by ORIGINALBAG0 View Post
    Instead of placing the burden of proof on others, take it on yourself.
    Already did- and everyone who doesnt want it to be bannable is taking supposition and conjecture and anecdotal evidence to say otherwise. I'm hoping that more people than just I are looking to find a Turbine answer. Im still looking but have yet to find anything that counters the thread I posted. and in case you missed it- here it is again.

Meridia Suburb of Stormreach, Xen'Drik. But have a vacation home in Cordova, Tennessee

Already did- and everyone who doesnt want it to be bannable is taking supposition and conjecture and anecdotal evidence to say otherwise. I'm hoping that more people than just I are looking to find a Turbine answer. Im still looking but have yet to find anything that counters the thread I posted. and in case you missed it- here it is again.
    That post is like quoting Hammurabi for a stance on public/private school vouchers in the USA...in other words, outdated and totally inappropriate to the current context and question. Simply absurd.
    Hordorabbi ~ Hordiva ~ Hordazzle ~ Hordorc ~ Hordeau ~ And dozens of other HordoToons™!
    High Rabbi of DDO

What I care about is getting as many heads involved as possible to FIND the official word.
    We've looked, we've trolled the boards since the earth cooled (ok, not that far back).
    Tolero's post is as close as it comes and has, I believe, the latest date of feedback on the issue.

So help or stand aside <snip> Anything else is being rude and offensive.
    You asked, we gave you what we had.

If you absolutely must have an absolutely explicit dev post on the topic, you're best option is to PM Cordovan and/or Tolero.
    Who knows? Maybe they'll make an appearance.
    Last edited by SableShadow; 01-21-2013 at 04:28 PM.
    Ascent

and in case you missed it- here it is again.
    Terms of Service

http://www.turbine.com/en/content/du...-terms-service

#3: Ownership. You understand and agree that you have no interest, monetary or otherwise, in any feature or content contained in the Game, including without limitation the Turbine account registered to you (the "Account"), in-game items, Turbine Points or in-game currency. You may not purchase, sell or trade any Account, in-game items, Turbine Points or in-game currency for anything of value in the real world without Turbine's express written permission, and any attempt to do so without Turbine's prior written consent shall be null and void. Turbine may revise, suspend, terminate or delete the Account at any time for any reason or no reason, with or without notice to you.

#6: Turbine Points. You may obtain "Turbine Points" from Turbine (or a third party authorized by Turbine) for use in connection with the Account. Turbine Points are a virtual currency which you may, at Turbine's discretion, exchange for virtual goods, services and attributes that can only be used in the Game. Turbine Points have no monetary value, and are not personal property. You have no rights in or to any Turbine Points whether associated with the Account or otherwise, and Turbine may delete Turbine Points from the Account for any reason, including without limitation your failure to comply with this Agreement. Turbine may restrict or terminate your ability to acquire or redeem Turbine Points at its sole discretion. The virtual goods, services and attributes offered by Turbine in exchange for Turbine Points may be discontinued, modified or removed from the Account by Turbine at any time in its sole and absolute discretion. Turbine may discontinue the Turbine Points program at any time, and Turbine has no obligation to continue making offers available for the redemption of Turbine Points. Turbine Points are non-transferable and non-exchangeable, and any purported transfer or exchange of Turbine Points with an entity other than Turbine is null and void. Turbine may restrict the award or use of Turbine Points based on your country of residence or other factors.

#7: Code of Conduct. You agree that you will abide by the Turbine Code of Conduct http://www.ddo.com/component/content...ode-of-conduct, incorporated herein by this reference, and all applicable laws in connection with your use of the Game and the Game Server.

code of conduct
    http://www.turbine.com/en/content/du...ode-conduct-en

#11: You may not advertise the intent to, or commit the act of, unauthorized selling or buying of game items for real-world monetary values.

-----------------------------------
    Which by the Terms and Services means that "real-world monetary values" is in relation to real life currency, real life services, and other real life physical objects.
    Last edited by Missing_Minds; 01-21-2013 at 04:28 PM.

Terms of Service

http://www.turbine.com/en/content/du...-terms-service

#3: Ownership. You understand and agree that you have no interest, monetary or otherwise, in any feature or content contained in the Game, including without limitation the Turbine account registered to you (the "Account"), in-game items, Turbine Points or in-game currency. You may not purchase, sell or trade any Account, in-game items, Turbine Points or in-game currency for anything of value in the real world without Turbine's express written permission, and any attempt to do so without Turbine's prior written consent shall be null and void. Turbine may revise, suspend, terminate or delete the Account at any time for any reason or no reason, with or without notice to you.

#6: Turbine Points. You may obtain "Turbine Points" from Turbine (or a third party authorized by Turbine) for use in connection with the Account. Turbine Points are a virtual currency which you may, at Turbine's discretion, exchange for virtual goods, services and attributes that can only be used in the Game. Turbine Points have no monetary value, and are not personal property. You have no rights in or to any Turbine Points whether associated with the Account or otherwise, and Turbine may delete Turbine Points from the Account for any reason, including without limitation your failure to comply with this Agreement. Turbine may restrict or terminate your ability to acquire or redeem Turbine Points at its sole discretion. The virtual goods, services and attributes offered by Turbine in exchange for Turbine Points may be discontinued, modified or removed from the Account by Turbine at any time in its sole and absolute discretion. Turbine may discontinue the Turbine Points program at any time, and Turbine has no obligation to continue making offers available for the redemption of Turbine Points. Turbine Points are non-transferable and non-exchangeable, and any purported transfer or exchange of Turbine Points with an entity other than Turbine is null and void. Turbine may restrict the award or use of Turbine Points based on your country of residence or other factors.

#7: Code of Conduct. You agree that you will abide by the Turbine Code of Conduct http://www.ddo.com/component/content...ode-of-conduct, incorporated herein by this reference, and all applicable laws in connection with your use of the Game and the Game Server.

code of conduct
    http://www.turbine.com/en/content/du...ode-conduct-en

#11: You may not advertise the intent to, or commit the act of, unauthorized selling or buying of game items for real-world monetary values.

-----------------------------------
    Which by the Terms and Services means that "real-world monetary values" is in relation to real life currency, real life services, and other real life physical objects.
    Nice try MM, but they've already indicated they don't believe in the ToS as a valid source for confirmation.

EDIT: even though it's been updated since the ancient link they keep pointing to.
    Last edited by Hordo; 01-21-2013 at 04:33 PM.
    High Rabbi of DDO

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast