Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default RE: changes to the flagging mechanic for reaver's

i'm just wondering what was it that made you devs think that the change was needed?

if anything, change the mechanic for Madstone so we can speed up the destruction of the crystal, that's more dull than Crucible by miles~!
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

They already answered this.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleFooz View Post
    We know that a lot of people love Crucible, and at the same time other people avoid it. Such quests have a place in DDO, but we feel they're better as stand-alone quests. If you like it, you can play it. If you don't like it, you don't have to.

If Tor and the Raid had the same audience of players who liked/didn't like Crucible, then we probably would have kept it as a prerequisite.
    This of course opens the possibility of more flagging changes to other chains in the future.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post

This of course opens the possibility of more flagging changes to other chains in the future.
    lol - how would we open Cursed Crypt without having to run Tomb of the Tormented and Tomb of the Blighted - I hate both those quests

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post

wow.... just wow...
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

One of the best changes in DDO in years.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by exvanguard View Post
    lol - how would we open Cursed Crypt without having to run Tomb of the Tormented and Tomb of the Blighted - I hate both those quests
    Shadow Crypt without needing openers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exvanguard View Post
    lol - how would we open Cursed Crypt without having to run Tomb of the Tormented
    BURN IT!!

Please, if there ever was a quest that needed to be removed as a flagging mechanic, DO THE TOMB OF THE TORMENTED!!!

This quest is about 500 billion times more of everything that was bad about the crucible and then some.

If they removed the tomb of the tormented, I would venture to guess that the number of people that have a real complaint about this would be able to be counted on one hand.

Yes.

Tomb of the Tormented.
    Must Die. Die.. DIE!!!!
    *cackling maniacal laughter*
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Nothing new here...
    The Flagging mechanism has been changed here and there.

Once upon a time you had to fully reflag for VON5/6 and ADQ1/2 after each completion.
    ( as in rerun all the quests, and for VON you had to do them in the correct order VON 1 to 4. )
    For Reaver's Refuge you had to hand 6 Dragon Gems everytime to enter the Forest. ( now only 3, once )
    For Gianthold Tor, you had to accumulate 20 relics of each kind ( now I'm not sure of the exact value, but much lower )
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

If we can request flagging changes, please kill Tomb of the Tormented and Chains of Flame.

On a more serious note, please break the linkage between chains in the Eveningstar/MOTU quests. It's awesome that you don't have to run the chain quests in a specific order. It's just as poor that I can only run the chains in order.

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    Nothing new here...

Once upon a time you had to fully reflag for VON5/6 and ADQ1/2 after each completion.
    ( as in rerun all the quests, and for VON you had to do them in the correct order VON 1 to 4. )
    For Reaver's Refuge you had to hand 6 Dragon Gems everytime to enter the Forest. ( now only 3, once )
    For Gianthold Tor, you had to accumulate 20 relics of each kind ( now I'm not sure of the exact value, but much lower )
    It's now only 9 of each relic.

They also changed GWM and CO6 so you only needed GMW once and could complete and redo just CO6 leaving GMW altogether if you wanted. Not quite as big a deal but a change none-the-less.

I remember some of those VON 5/6's:

Party member 1: "We doing the double door yet?"

Party member 2: "The 2nd wisdom 20 character's just starting VON 4 with the other 5 of the raid group now...."

Party member 1: "Cool!!!"

<------Pay no attention to the join date, played pre-launch in EU & moved to U.S. servers.

Nothing new here...

was there for all of them
    a shame they never bothered changing threnal

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleFooz View Post
    We know that a lot of people love Crucible, and at the same time other people avoid it. Such quests have a place in DDO, but we feel they're better as stand-alone quests. If you like it, you can play it. If you don't like it, you don't have to.

If Tor and the Raid had the same audience of players who liked/didn't like Crucible, then we probably would have kept it as a prerequisite.
    Again, I feel like this is just a way to justify pandering to the lowest common denominator, and is a very bad precedent to have established. Not to mention pretty much invalidates one Dev's siggy line almost completely.

Don't worry if it's too hard - the Devs will smooth the path to any goal eventually when enough people complain about it.
    Last edited by Memnir; 01-23-2013 at 02:46 AM.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    justify pandering to the lowest common denominator
    Thank you for the kind words

Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post
    BURN IT!!

Please, if there ever was a quest that needed to be removed as a flagging mechanic, DO THE TOMB OF THE TORMENTED!!!

This quest is about 500 billion times more of everything that was bad about the crucible and then some.

If they removed the tomb of the tormented, I would venture to guess that the number of people that have a real complaint about this would be able to be counted on one hand.

Yes.

Tomb of the Tormented.
    Must Die. Die.. DIE!!!!
    *cackling maniacal laughter*
    Tomb of the tormented is rather fun in my opinion, but thats because i usually solo it. Its easyish to solo, and while the wolves etc under the grid can be a pain, they can be avoided if you have something that can kill them through it (some spells and runearms for example)

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

I'm glad the loot in raid is so weak, this way I won't have to hand hold wave of new puggers that think completion should be auto granted, or assured by other party members, so they can just enter, pike and loot, with no contribution, on chatacters that couldn't handle epic normals.

If its that important to you that they have completed Crucible first, then when you create your raid party make people link their Crucible named loot to join. Problem solved, and its only half as absurd as making everyone run a quest that only a small percent like to get to a raid they paid for.
    Last edited by AZgreentea; 01-23-2013 at 05:54 AM.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Nothing new here...

The above are different from this situation. Here is why I think this:

Von 5/6 change was mainly for reflags not inital flags. (Now you can run them out of order, but that is semantics. You still have to run them. ).

DQ 1/2 changes were for reflags as well. Not the initial flag.

Reavers Refuge has no raid and change was made after Reavers Refuge was no longer considered end game relevant. And it didn't involve quests. Just gems you find in chests in explorer areas that are not even related to the Reavers Refuge.

Tor change is the only one that actually affected flagging for a raid on the initial flag. And was done when Reavers Fate was no longer end game relevant.

This is a change to first time flagging by removing a core quest on a Raid/Content area that is going to be the primary end game focus. That is new. Every other change was made typically to reflagging or to collectibles needed from adventure areas. Also all were done when the content was "old hat". With Epic Gianthold being the current release, a change to flagging to make it easier is unprecedented. And that is not a precedent that many players want to see started.

This goes beyond small changes to reflagging or collectibles on outdated content. Whether you are OK with the change or not, it is a new barrier being breached.
    Asheras - Velania - Ventarya - Renvar - Vallorynn - Officer - Loreseekers and Sentinels Guilds - Khyber

There's a reason why it's called the Tomb of the _Tormented_.

Somewhere in the land of rain, trees, and flannel. Could it get any worse? lol

Quote Originally Posted by DDOTalk71 View Post
    snip...

With Epic Gianthold being the current release, a change to flagging to make it easier is unprecedented. And that is not a precedent that many players want to see started.
    This.
    Khyber - Flirtybratt (8/6/6 rogue/ranger/monk), Bratttt (pure rogue assassin) & various other toons with brat in the name. I am, of course, the brat in BrattyTop!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDOTalk71 View Post
    And that is not a precedent that many players want to see started.
    this ship sailed a very long time ago.

Ya'll kept quiet or defended turbine when they took this game casual and dumbed it down over the past few years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast