Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Again, I feel like this is just a way to justify pandering to the lowest common denominator, and is a very bad precedent to have established. Not to mention pretty much invalidates one Dev's siggy line almost completely.

Don't worry if it's too hard - the Devs will smooth the path to any goal eventually when enough people complain about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DDOTalk71
    With Epic Gianthold being the current release, a change to flagging to make it easier is unprecedented. And that is not a precedent that many players want to see started.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brattyone
    This.
    Boring and tedious are not the same as difficult. That the devs observed this, even if accidentally, is a very, very welcome change.

Community Member

DDO: Where running a unique quest once per life is so difficult it merits game modification, but 80 runs of a raid for a shard you'll never get is OK and fun.

Cant wait to see what other flagging quests will be removed. Of all quests in the game that some people considered boring, 1 man show, or too difficult, Crucible gets the axe. Personally, i think A New Invasion is worse hands down. Not that im suggesting that quest to be removed, but i expect to see further flagging changes in the future. A decision like this just falls in line with many other things to make the game easier from a p2w perspective to a complain about something and the devs will "fix" it perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Eighnuss View Post
    DDO: Where running a unique quest once per life is so difficult it merits game modification, but 80 runs of a raid for a shard you'll never get is OK and fun.
    Ok, that's funny.
    Time to get the windex for my monitor and refill my coffee cup.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

for the swim part
    how is it different from Hiding in Plain Sight?
    and even if you require the whole party to go through the swimming, we'll just have the same complaints as Tomb of the Shadow Guard...
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post
    BURN IT!!

Please, if there ever was a quest that needed to be removed as a flagging mechanic, DO THE TOMB OF THE TORMENTED!!!

This quest is about 500 billion times more of everything that was bad about the crucible and then some.

If they removed the tomb of the tormented, I would venture to guess that the number of people that have a real complaint about this would be able to be counted on one hand.

Yes.

Tomb of the Tormented.
    Must Die. Die.. DIE!!!!
    *cackling maniacal laughter*
    Not that they will, but I suggest that a lot more people would ne interested in necro 1-4 if they stream lined the quests to be more solo friendly. The server landscape have changed. A lot more people solo and the Crucible change is a reflection of that more then the notion that everyone wants an easy button.

I understand the philosophy why the older quests such as Crucible and Necro were made the way they are (requiring larger groups) but that's something that will never happen again.

If they would re-think many of the old quests and realize that they can still make as much money as before but that people solo more then Crucible and such can me re-done to work for that reality.

Here's a simple suggestion; create a solo option. Meaning one that removes some of the stuff that would require pulling levers at the same time in a specific way. Or that remove a certain function that require a specific type of class. But if you pick that option you get 10-20% less XP as a result. I bet most people would opt for that.

That's just reality versus the idea that what a minority (as it is) think is what makes quests really awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    Not that they will, but I suggest that a lot more people would ne interested in necro 1-4 if they stream lined the quests to be more solo friendly. The server landscape have changed. A lot more people solo and the Crucible change is a reflection of that more then the notion that everyone wants an easy button.

I understand the philosophy why the older quests such as Crucible and Necro were made the way they are (requiring larger groups) but that's something that will never happen again.

If they would re-think many of the old quests and realize that they can still make as much money as before but that people solo more then Crucible and such can me re-done to work for that reality.

Here's a simple suggestion; create a solo option. Meaning one that removes some of the stuff that would require pulling levers at the same time in a specific way. Or that remove a certain function that require a specific type of class. But if you pick that option you get 10-20% less XP as a result. I bet most people would opt for that.

That's just reality versus the idea that what a minority (as it is) think is what makes quests really awesome.
    i like to solo but i think this is a horrible idea. There is ENOUGH quests to solo out there. god forbid you actually need a party quest. What will the world do if we had one of those. Honestly there is very few quests that actually need a full party. necro chain is literally the only ones i can think of you actually need a 2nd person. Everything else can use a hireling. So yet again your idea is bad. I want more group orientated quests that actually involve you not another hireling. If people want to solo there is plenty of content that can be done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12