Community Member

Default First time Druid weapon question..

Hey all, 5th day playing my question is I hear enhancements are the only thing that count on a weapon when I'm in wolf form. Dam mod means nothing, or even if I get a minus in attack because let's say I'm not proficient in it. Is thus true? So if it is what kind of enhancements should I be looking for? I see stuff like shatter and other things. Just wondering which is the most sufficient for me to be in form and solo. I say solo cause I like to learn the game to try to understand it better. Any info much appreciated!

In a galaxy far, far away.

Ones that deal damage.
    Surprising, huh?
    Unfamiliar with DDO's combat mechanics? Check here and here.

2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar
    Berkshire, UK

Any other enchantments that you'd want are good, you just don't have to worry about the base weapon type so can pick up bad weapons (eg. light hammer, clubs, handaxes etc.) with the same effects as more desirable weapon types & only pay a fraction of the price

in the off hand, a seeker or vertigo weapon/shield is good as those effects will apply to your main hand too which is the only thing thats counted while in animal form.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Community Member

If you're going to spend a lot of time in animal form, I'd recommend (crafted) +? spiked clubs/scepters of bashing.

Both spiked(1d6 piercing) and bashing(1d6 force) are weapon mods that go on shields, but since shield is defined as any one-handed bludgeoning weapon, clubs will do fine.
    Why clubs? because you can cast shillelah (sp?) on them for an easy +0.5[W] or +2 damage per swing.

I'd also recommend a mobile darkwood heavy shield of melee alacrity for +2% dodge and 10% non-stacking attack speed. (and the 8% doublestrike chance everybody seems to be getting for free -> bug)
    Lesser vampirism is on your weapon also pretty nice, since you will attack really fast.