Community Member

Default Do the number of "at level" quests shrink as you get higher? If so, why?

My 2 friends and I are all VIP. I have 2 level 20 characters now. One friend has an 18 and 19 and the other friend has a 17. We are all first lifers and relatively new. We seem to be running out of new content and I'm not sure why. I think there is a lot out there and I am just missing it.

I did buy Epic Destinies when I hit 20, so I am working on those. We went to Reaver's Refuge and did 2 dungeons there (apparently the two hardest), failed, and I have no desire to try them again. We've done all the stuff in the Harbor and Inspired Quarter that I could find. We've done all of Vale and Gianthold (except raids that is). I haven't tried any "Epic" quests yet, because I don't think that my friends can join me on those yet. Is this correct?

Basically I'm hoping that there is a bunch of 17+ content out there somewhere that we have somehow missed. We get penalized for repeating the same dungeons, and I also find it rather boring.

Can someone please refer me to a "leveling guide" or something similar on wiki or elsewhere that might show us where to go to find some new content? We do not have the MOTU expansion yet.

While on this subject, if my suspicion is correct that post 20 there is not much new content, why is this? Those are the players that have to get the most xp just to get another level, and the game penalizes xp gain for repeated dungeons. It just seems backwards in some way. I would think that as you level up your choices should expand, rather than contract, since you need more and more xp to advance.

Thanks for your help.

It's so turbine can sell more xp pots in the store, specially to tr's

http://ddowiki.com/page/Category:Quests_by_level

This should be a good place to start. Also pressing "P" brings up a list of quests in game

Yes.

That's also why people 'hold levels'.

So say the quests in vale of twilight, they are all level 16, on elite they are level 18. Idealy you would be 18 with enough xp to take 19(without taking 19) when you start doing these quests.

Your level 17 friend that has already done dreaming dark, level 19 quests, is going to find a big hole to fill in his xp, with very little left to do.

There are a few non epic quests in MOTU. They are not great XP, but it will give you something else to do. I actually like ALL of the quests in MOTU. Most of them are not extremely long quests and they are pretty fun. I'm not a huge fan of the Druids Deep pack, but they are not horrible either.

If you plan on staying around DDO for awhile, I would suggest you pick up MOTU.

The content tends to shrink a lot past level 12, with 15 being the worst (15 quests are level 17 on elite), but it's not really better at 18+.
    On a first life you shouldn't have any issue finding enough content to run to cap without much repetition.

For the content past 20, the amount available is actually quite good now. The following packs are available epic:
    - Sands (4 quests, 1 raid)
    - VoN (4 quests, 1 pre raid, 1 raid)
    - Carnival (4 quests)
    - Sentinels (4 quests)
    - Fens (4 quests)
    - Lords of dust chain (3 quests)
    - MotU (4+4+3 quests, 1 raid)
    - Devil assault pack (1 quest, 1 raid)
    - Druid's deep (4 quests)
    - High road (5 quests)
    - [Incoming Gianthold (10 quests, 1 raid)]

So currently 44 quests, 1 pre raid, 4 raids.
    After GH 54 quests, 1 pre raid, 5 raids.

However if you absolutely want to run each quest once only (or even twice) you'll run out of content pretty quickly that is true !
    Endgame is mostly about running the same quest and raids a few time But while I hated that a few updates ago since the number of quests available was low, it is now OK since we have a good amount of content available.
    Sarlona ~ Endgame

Not really sure what you're asking here.
    Is it true that there are more low level quests than high level quests? Of course it is, you just have to look at the quest list in-game or on the wiki to notice that.
    Why is this?
    Because high levels are newer and consequently there has been less time for them to gather content.

Your list missed Sharvarath.
    Unfamiliar with DDO's combat mechanics? Check here and here.

Community Member

Keep in mind that you have access to some decent and quick XP from explorer areas. Gianthold, Vale, Necro, Shavarath and Cannith can all bring decent XP, if you can find a few characters to split up and kill stuff fast.

Storm

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormraiser View Post
    Keep in mind that you have access to some decent and quick XP from explorer areas. Gianthold, Vale, Necro, Shavarath and Cannith can all bring decent XP, if you can find a few characters to split up and kill stuff fast.

Storm
    Thanks for that reminder. I was unaware of explorer areas in Necro, Shavarath and Cannith (we never went to Necro). If the level 20s can still get xp at those places too that's a good place to start.

Yes, I am most worried about my level 17 friend getting to 20, based on what he has already done with us higher characters. Am I correct that only level 20+ characters can do Epic quests?

Quote Originally Posted by stefferweffer View Post
    Thanks for that reminder. I was unaware of explorer areas in Necro, Shavarath and Cannith (we never went to Necro). If the level 20s can still get xp at those places too that's a good place to start.

Yes, I am most worried about my level 17 friend getting to 20, based on what he has already done with us higher characters. Am I correct that only level 20+ characters can do Epic quests?
    Why exactly would you be able to get your character to Level 20 (Two even) but your friend might get stuck at 17?
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenNova View Post
    Not really sure what you're asking here.
    Is it true that there are more low level quests than high level quests? Of course it is, you just have to look at the quest list in-game or on the wiki to notice that.
    Why is this?
    Because high levels are newer and consequently there has been less time for them to gather content.

Your list missed Sharvarath.
    This. Though if you look at the chart on the main quests page

http://ddowiki.com/page/Category:Quests

It actually dips around lvl 15 and then picks back up again with the really new content. The Devs made an effort to build up end game, most likely in anticipation of MotU and Destinies. Still, there are plenty of quests to get you past lvl 20. Before MotU, my first life Rogue hit lvl 20 without even running any content above lvl 16 thanks in no small part to the previously mentioned end game wilderness area's. Check out the Wilderness Area list on the wiki to see what the level range for all the area's is.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Looking at Quests for 17+ characters where there is minimal XP loss (no more than 10%) There are approximately 50 Quests with base level 15 to 20. That means there are 43 Quests available at the 18+ Character level that also have minimal XP loss. There are also a few raids and as someone else pointed out Slayer Zones (Subterranean, Amrath, and Vale) that can be run for Explorer, slayer and Rare experience for a change of pace from Dungeon questing.

Level 15 quests
    Acid Wit
    Delirium
    Litany of the Dead <- Needs to be run a minimum of 4 times once for each boss. Generally A Level 17 XP Farm as the bosses are actually optional.
    Fear Factory
    Missing
    Sinister Storage
    In The Flesh <- Tough one to do at Level 17 on Elite, not impossible but very tough

Level 16 quests
    Let Sleeping Dust Lie
    Rainbow in the Dark
    Ritual Sacrifice
    Running with the Devils
    The Coalescence Chamber
    The Lords of Dust
    Servants of the Overlord
    The Spinner of Shadows
    Beyond the Rift

Level 17 quests
    Acute Delirium
    The Sane Asylum
    The Lord of Stone
    The Lord of Eyes
    Enter the Kobold
    Monastery of the Scorpion
    Prey on the Hunter
    Stealer of Souls
    Outbreak
    Overgrowth
    Thorn and Paw
    The Druid's Curse
    The Shroud - Raid
    Ascension Chamber - Raid

Level 18 quests
    Dream Conspiracy
    Finding the Path
    I Dream of Jeets
    In the Demon's Den
    The Shipwrecked Spy
    The Mindsunder
    A Vision of Destruction - Raids
    Hound of Xoriat - Raids

Level 19 quests
    A New Invasion
    Bastion of Power
    Genesis Point
    Sins of Attrition
    The Weapons Shipment
    Wrath of the Flame
    Blown to Bits
    Power Play
    Schemes of the Enemy
    Eye of the Titan
    Reclaiming Memories
    Mining for Ancient Secrets
    Raiding the Giants' Vault - Solo Quest
    Murder by Night
    The Riddle
    The Master Artificer - Raid

[u] Level 20 quests [u]
    The Dreaming Dark (quest)
    The Lord of Blades - Raid
    Tower of Despair - Raid

Also available are the Challenge Quests for both House Cannith and Eveningstar.

Of course reviewing the list you can easily see that many of these quests require access to Packs, so that could pose a problem for certain players.

Quote Originally Posted by stefferweffer View Post
    Am I correct that only level 20+ characters can do Epic quests?
    Yes.

The exception is epic challenges, he would be able to enter if there is a 20 in the party that can open it for him.