Default Suggestion: new artificer pets

When designing the artificer... runearm. dog. it all sounded strangely familiar until I came across "Megaman" and his Homunculus "Rush"

other options would be nice...

The Arbalester (magic of Eberron). It's good for ranged support, and with its high Balance check, it can usually sit on your shoulder and plunk away at the enemy.

anyway. it was just a thought.
    Daishado

"drink triple ... see double ... act single! uh oh wife aggro" *hides*

Community Member

lol the whole artificer pack is megaman to me,

actually i think and hope the "dog" is just a starting point. if you look tru the 3.5 MM you can find quite a few nice constructs as a replacement

but as current time frame the dog is fine, and yes i do hope we get the option to pick from a few types of pets

same goes for the druid's pet

Community Member

You mean just skins, or actual different skill sets to choose from?

The dog is pretty customizable...aside from a ranged attack, it has pretty much everything you could realistically expect. We arent going to get a pet with Stunning Blow or Cleave. And I dont know if a ranged attack pet would even be on the table, it'd essentially be just free fire-and-forget DPS since you (solo) or your tank (group) are going to hold aggro, and being ranged would keep it away from AOEs.

I'd love to get a few more equipment slots on the dog, but other than that, I dont know what else to realistically ask for.

Replacement constructs would be preferable. an option to have a ranged pet would be nice. While having skins is probably more realistic, the iron defender would deviate too much from the pen-n-paper version.

There's a chest with legs version in the pen and paper that chucks potions... would be nice right?

As far as customization, I would hope to see some epic type implementation or enhancements to make pets viable for end-game.

For example: Any passive effects from your epic destiny (+twists) applies to your homunculus or animal companion.
    Daishado

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos000 View Post
    Replacement constructs would be preferable. an option to have a ranged pet would be nice. While having skins is probably more realistic, the iron defender would deviate too much from the pen-n-paper version.

There's a chest with legs version in the pen and paper that chucks potions... would be nice right?

As far as customization, I would hope to see some epic type implementation or enhancements to make pets viable for end-game.

For example: Any passive effects from your epic destiny (+twists) applies to your homunculus or animal companion.
    Power improvements don't fix a horrible ai.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Power improvements don't fix a horrible ai.
    This... is unfortunately true. Power improvements to compensate for horrible ai would at least make the pet almost like a mobile shield you can hide behind tho'
    Daishado