Default The Elusive Potion Vendor

Hey DDO worker bees and higher...

Is it possible to add a potion vendor option on Sully Van Grog the ship BarKeep, I mean he buys, fixs, sells and will even sell your stuff back if you catch him in time.

All he needs to stock is the the basic's:

Potion of Cure Serious Wounds
    Oil of Serious Repair
    Potion of Curse Removal
    Potion of Disease Removal
    Potion of Posion Neautralization

Your probably shaking your heads why? We have them all over Storm Reach. My response:

The potions Sully Van Grog Sells come in Six Packs , Cost a little more but they last a little longer, they cant be sold or traded... aka - Bound to Character. To prevent hoarding, a very common practice in the game world, they will dissapear upon logging out just like the bolts Conjured up by the Artificer or Arrows by the Arcane Archer.

You might say the potions are DDO Economic Friendly, others might think its pretty much Use or Lose .

Just a thought, Keep the game Alive...
    Taming The Shrew
    /Darksmoothie/Flyguy/Smoothtalker/Wasntme/
    Shyilo Rapid Fire/Smoothforged/Manndingo

Quote Originally Posted by WASNTME View Post
    Hey DDO worker bees and higher...

Is it possible to add a potion vendor option on Sully Van Grog the ship BarKeep, I mean he buys, fixs, sells and will even sell your stuff back if you catch him in time.

All he needs to stock is the the basic's:

Potion of Cure Serious Wounds
    Oil of Serious Repair
    Potion of Curse Removal
    Potion of Disease Removal
    Potion of Posion Neautralization

Your probably shaking your heads why? We have them all over Storm Reach. My response:

The potions Sully Van Grog Sells come in Six Packs , Cost a little more but they last a little longer, they cant be sold or traded... aka - Bound to Character. To prevent hoarding, a very common practice in the game world, they will dissapear upon logging out just like the bolts Conjured up by the Artificer or Arrows by the Arcane Archer.

You might say the potions are DDO Economic Friendly, others might think its pretty much Use or Lose .

Just a thought, Keep the game Alive...
    I'd just settle for some standardization into two sets of potion vendors- those with +20 resist potions and those without, but with everything else. Gotta run to three (or two if you can get to the Portable Hole) just to restock all potions.

Quote Originally Posted by WASNTME View Post
    To prevent hoarding, a very common practice in the game world, they will dissapear upon logging out just like the bolts Conjured up by the Artificer or Arrows by the Arcane Archer.
    Why would stacks of pots vanish upon log out? No vendor pots disappear at log out currently. Everything else is fine, but this part didn't make sense to me. Seems like changing a basic mechanic that doesn't need changing. I'd hate to have to buy a stack of pots every time I logged in then play the should I buy 10 or 20 or 100 game thinking well if I buy 100 and log out for dinner I've got to buy a new stack.
    -Die (teh_troll's unofficial legal counsel)
    Captain’s Crew of Ghalanda
    Characters: Diemmak – Dimack – Dianotherday – Dieinafire – Elieath – Inonelite – Nowyoudie - LivenletDie - DIhard

Quote Originally Posted by Dimack View Post
    Why would stacks of pots vanish upon log out? No vendor pots disappear at log out currently. Everything else is fine, but this part didn't make sense to me. Seems like changing a basic mechanic that doesn't need changing. I'd hate to have to buy a stack of pots every time I logged in then play the should I buy 10 or 20 or 100 game thinking well if I buy 100 and log out for dinner I've got to buy a new stack.
    It's so that if you ever have a connection loss, due to getting stuck in a loading screen, or stepping on a crack in bigtop, or loading into the sands/gianthold/shaverath ,or.... that you would be left with no form of self healing, unless of course you had other forms of self healing already, like the pots sold by other vendors.

Basically, it's to make his suggestion utterly useless.