Community Member

Default GS Crafting By TRs

No idea if this is possible but here goes....

Could a character who has TRed use the Altars on his ship to craft add enhancements to an item which is crafted by another character?

I know that the GS blank is BtC, but I'm not sure if an item that another character made from his own GS blank is. If that's the case, then it could be crafted by the other character into whatever item the TR needed (I see un-enhanced GS weapons on the AH occasionally, but I don't know if they are random loot- never seen one drop- or if someone just has that many extra blanks) and then transferred to the TR before enhancements are placed upon it and it becomes BtC.

I can't believe that this can be done....but you never know.
    In an election, always vote for the candidate who likes big butts....because, you know, they cannot lie.

KCCO

Default Gs

I assume you mean, can a low level toon buy a GS blank and craft on it?

GS blanks are not BTC, as you stated. They are Bind on Equip. One toon can craft a GS blank and put it on the AH or trade it, sell it... wahtever.

So the answer is yes, a low level toon can use the altars on the boat to craft up a GS item.

Here's the caveat: it would probably need to be a TR toon, because remember that a part of that crafting recipe is a shard for each tier of crafting. Shards are BTC and are generally found in Shroud.

I craft GS on my main and pass it to my alts, but those alts still have to have the shards available to craft on that GS blank.
    Last edited by jacqueline; 01-19-2013 at 08:37 PM. Reason: For clarity
    Cloey Dancer ~ Khyber

HI InFIdelity

I see un-enhanced GS weapons on the AH occasionally, but I don't know if they are random loot- never seen one drop- or if someone just has that many extra blanks)
    TR a couple of times on a given character and you'll tend to be swimming in shav stones and other ingredients. Easy enough to convert those spares into blanks for sale.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    TR a couple of times on a given character and you'll tend to be swimming in shav stones and other ingredients. Easy enough to convert those spares into blanks for sale.
    I have tr'd a couple of times without touching the shroud.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

The shards have a ml above 12, I think it was 14. But yes, as long as you have shards you can upgrade GS during your TR lives, even blanks made by others.
    Last edited by stoerm; 01-20-2013 at 11:45 AM.
    Praise the Dark Six and pass the heals to pure melees.
    Full feat tree; Cannith; change; merger; evil; win; minmaxing; FotM; deja vu; Kobolds.
    Dungeons and Dragons Online ~ Nude Song and Gnarled Onions

Community Member

I've got to admit that I am surprised and pleased by this answers. Thank you all for the replies.

Just for clarification.....I'm thinking the Signet Stone made by combining all the shards is BtC. What I'd have to do is use a character who has spare shards to create the stone and then create the blank (in this case) weapon, then pass the unenhanced gs weapon over to my TR for the addition of the three tiers of enhancements.

Am I on the right track here?
    In an election, always vote for the candidate who likes big butts....because, you know, they cannot lie.

KCCO

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordMond63 View Post
    I know that the GS blank is BtC
    This whole thread is created by this misinterpretation.

The blanks are not bound until equipped. You are finding nothing out of the ordinary. You may create blanks on any toon capable, and those blanks are unbound. Unbound loot may be traded, banked or auctioned. Equipping it will bind it to character. Adding enhancements to the item will bind it to character on acquire.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Green_Steel_blank -"The term Green Steel blanks, or simply Green Steel items, refers to the base item crafted using base ingredients (Pebbles, Funk, Twigs, etc...) with no additional upgrades applied to it. These are Bind on Equip and can be traded, mailed and auctioned before being equipped."
    Last edited by Eighnuss; 01-20-2013 at 03:12 PM. Reason: wiki quote

Quote Originally Posted by LordMond63 View Post
    Am I on the right track here?
    Yes.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eighnuss View Post
    This whole thread is created by this misinterpretation.

The blanks are not bound until equipped. You are finding nothing out of the ordinary. You may create blanks on any toon capable, and those blanks are unbound. Unbound loot may be traded, banked or auctioned. Equipping it will bind it to character. Adding enhancements to the item will bind it to character on acquire.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Green_Steel_blank -"The term Green Steel blanks, or simply Green Steel items, refers to the base item crafted using base ingredients (Pebbles, Funk, Twigs, etc...) with no additional upgrades applied to it. These are Bind on Equip and can be traded, mailed and auctioned before being equipped."
    You are correct, and I tried to clarify in my second post. I was conflating the Signet Stone with the GS Blank.

Now I find that the sticking point is the Shards. They're level 13 and my poor Arti is level 12. Oh, and I'm one Supreme Shard short of being able to make a Lit 2. I can go with a single shard tier 3 xbow or wait until I flag for Shroud, probably at level 16-18, and get a second Supreme Shard then. Decisions, decisions.....

KCCO

Community Member

Definitely worth the wait, I just made an Aspect of Lightning II repeater, it procs very frequently.

On my last life, while level 9, I pulled shards and ingredients out of my TR cache and crafted an Aspect of Mineral II heavy repeater, which I then carted around with me like a child with a stuffed animal until I hit 12 and could use it. People lauighed at me while I was begging for a ship invite at level 9 :P

Quote Originally Posted by HunterjWizzard View Post
    Definitely worth the wait, I just made an Aspect of Lightning II repeater, it procs very frequently.

On my last life, while level 9, I pulled shards and ingredients out of my TR cache and crafted an Aspect of Mineral II heavy repeater, which I then carted around with me like a child with a stuffed animal until I hit 12 and could use it. People lauighed at me while I was begging for a ship invite at level 9 :P
    hahaha, that's fantastic!

I love GS items There's such a satisfaction about finishing one off!

Community Member

I was kind of wondering the same thing regarding GS. I have 2 20+ toons that can farm the ingreds needed to make whatever I decide to make from Green Steel. The trouble I see is not having the Shards to make the upgrades on the character I want to make the item for. What is the lowest level one could possibly get into Shroud?
    If 16, as I suspect it is, I take it the ML 12-14 for GS items only actually applies to TRs then, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by falcon8 View Post
    I was kind of wondering the same thing regarding GS. I have 2 20+ toons that can farm the ingreds needed to make whatever I decide to make from Green Steel. The trouble I see is not having the Shards to make the upgrades on the character I want to make the item for. What is the lowest level one could possibly get into Shroud?
    If 16, as I suspect it is, I take it the ML 12-14 for GS items only actually applies to TRs then, yes?
    We used to run it with L14s all the time, 13s if we knew them. Unless something has changed, that means 13s if not less should be possible - but it wouldn't be smart for you xp wise.

I have tr'd a couple of times without touching the shroud.
    And you also did it without ever going into the vale quests?

Since that's where the ingredients to make blanks come from, and not from the Shroud.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.