Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Just thought I'd leave a little update. I'm back to the game after a 6 months break.

2 options on the Sithali now:

Option 1 If there had to be a Sithali v2.0, it would be very similar to what Sestra (my new guildie - I changed servers) is running.
    He runs a much more survivable version of it & convinced me of its potential.
    Today's Sithali version is quite the opposite of the first concept, which was to pick up OC.. Now, you drop OC to free up 4 feats & pick up Combat Archery, Quicken, Paladin PL & Epic Toughness.
    Race: halfling
    Split: 12 monk 6 ranger 2 paladin
    HP: 1200-1400
    Pros over Sithali..: Insane saves, much more hitpoints, quickened heals that hit for 700+.. (with the dragonmark), Every arrow base damage is over 100 - The build doesn't rely on its critical potential anymore. Divine Might.. This is easily a +7-8 boost to every arrow (14-16 strenght bonus) at the cost of 1 twist.
    Cons: -1 Critical multiplier, but the survivability makes up for it. You also lose the ability to dual boost, but then Haste Boost is not twisted very often..
    New twists: Dance of flowers, pin/cocoon, bane of undeath
    Basically trading off some DPS for survivability, which was always my number 1 goal as an EE soloer.
    I'll post some videos on my channel when I cap the build.

Option 2 If you wanted to keep the same concept as the Sithali, which was to maximize DPS, go for 12 monk 6 ranger 2 paladin, human, twists: bane of undeath, dance of flowers, pin/cocoon.
    Keep OC (2 less feats from losing 2 ftr levels, but +1 from going human & +1 from new lvl 28 feat) => feats stay the same.
    With DM & dance of lowers, your damage will increase a lot.. crits over 20k.
    Anyway, that's pretty much it, the last updates have boosted the Sithali a lot.

Sith

Sithali-1 ~ 31/31 Lives ~ Completionist
    OMNIPRESENCE
    The Sith Project ~ Youtube channel ~ Sithali, King of Burst DPS ~ Pyrene, the Endgame Paladin ~ Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Symerith View Post
    Just thought I'd leave a little update. I'm back to the game after a 6 months break.

Option 1 If there had to be a Sithali v2.0, it would be very similar to what Sestra (my new guildie - I changed servers) is running.
    Today's Sithali version is quite the opposite of the first concept, which was to pick up OC.. Now, you drop OC to free up 4 feats & pick up Combat Archery, Quicken, Paladin PL & Epic Toughness.
    Pros over Sithali..: Insane saves, much more hitpoints, quickened heals that hit for 700+.. (with the dragonmark), Every arrow base damage is over 100 - The build doesn't rely on its critical potential anymore. Divine Might.. This is easily a +7-8 boost to every arrow (14-16 strenght bonus) at the cost of 1 twist.
    Cons: -1 Critical multiplier, but the survivability makes up for it. You also lose the ability to dual boost, but then Haste Boost is not twisted very often..
    Basically trading off some DPS for survivability, which was always my number 1 goal as an EE soloer.

Option 2 If you wanted to keep the same concept as the Sithali, which was to maximize DPS, go for 12 monk 6 ranger 2 paladin, human, twists: bane of undeath, dance of flowers, pin/cocoon.
    Keep OC (2 less feats from losing 2 ftr levels, but +1 from going human & +1 from new lvl 28 feat) => feats stay the same.

Sith
    First, great to have you on GLand! (unless Sestra has moved ...)

Second, the enhancement pass really took the wind out of the pally sails - 2 + Bane of Undeath is real sold - not at all surprised to see you ended up less pally. Thing I love about it is the twists are all (largely) lower levels. That's actually pretty reachable for a wider range of players.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Sith

If you go with Halfling option, do you know if "Advanced Ninja Training" from Ninja Spy Core Ability Tier 2 works with Bows? While we loose DM, we can dump strength and put more on dex.
    Probably DM gives more damage but I would like to know to give myself more options on possible build(s).

Advanced Ninja Training: While you are centered, you can use your Dexterity modifier for damage with piercing and slashing weapons. You also gain a chance based on your Dexterity score to throw an extra shuriken per attack.

Also, excuse my lack of knowledge but doesn't Dance of Flowers not work with Bow/Zen-Archery (per DDOwiki)?
    Has this been fixed?

Thanks.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
    If you go with Halfling option, do you know if "Advanced Ninja Training" from Ninja Spy Core Ability Tier 2 works with Bows? While we loose DM, we can dump strength and put more on dex.
    Probably DM gives more damage but I would like to know to give myself more options on possible build(s).

Advanced Ninja Training: While you are centered, you can use your Dexterity modifier for damage with piercing and slashing weapons. You also gain a chance based on your Dexterity score to throw an extra shuriken per attack.

Also, excuse my lack of knowledge but doesn't Dance of Flowers not work with Bow/Zen-Archery (per DDOwiki)?
    Has this been fixed?

Thanks.

This loses the advantage of divine might.

Good questions about flowers, I'd like to know that myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Krumm View Post

Has this been fixed?

Thanks.
    Yes, I'm on G-Land now

Ninja training used to be "bugged" and worked with bows. This was not WAI. This was fixed. Your idea would have worked great then, now, no reason for it anymore.
    You guessed it, now there isn't much point in going for that enhancement tree.

Dance of flowers works with bows, same as Combat Archery.

OMNIPRESENCE
    The Sith Project ~ Youtube channel ~ Sithali, King of Burst DPS ~ Pyrene, the Endgame Paladin ~ Facebook!

Community Member

]Pros over Sithali..: Insane saves, much more hitpoints, quickened heals that hit for 700+.. (with the dragonmark), Every arrow base damage is over 100 - The build doesn't rely on its critical potential anymore. Divine Might.. This is easily a +7-8 boost to every arrow (14-16 strenght bonus) at the cost of 1 twist.
    I have couple of questions:

1. Don't you only get one Dragonmark Heal per rest?

2. How are you getting 14-16 Strength bonus from Divine Might and what Twist do you mean that helps it? If that is what you mean by the cost of 1 twist.

twists: bane of undeath, dance of flowers, pin/cocoon.
    1. Why Bane of Undeath? The description says it only adds the Turn Undead feat. Is that for Divine Might?

2. How are you keeping your Ki up for 10k without Enlightenment and only using a bow?

I loved your original build. I went the OC route with mine and love the crits with fury, so still going that route. Been thinking the 2 FVS instead of the 2 Pally. The 2 FVS gives +2 Weapon Enhancement, +4 Damage boost every 30 seconds that stacks with Human damage boost, Divine Might and either 3 PRR or 5 HP, could get more but with my Enhancements I don't want to invest more in those. While you do lose out on saves, like 5 for each, I like the increased weapon damage.

Thanks.

EDIT: Was just testing out Divine Might on Lam and I am only getting a +4 when my CHA mod is a +7, does it cap out at +4 or is it bugged?
    Last edited by Da_Most_Shady; 11-01-2013 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Most_Shady View Post
    I have couple of questions:

1. Don't you only get one Dragonmark Heal per rest?

2. How are you getting 14-16 Strength bonus from Divine Might and what Twist do you mean that helps it? If that is what you mean by the cost of 1 twist.

1. Why Bane of Undeath? The description says it only adds the Turn Undead feat. Is that for Divine Might?

2. How are you keeping your Ki up for 10k without Enlightenment and only using a bow?

I loved your original build. I went the OC route with mine and love the crits with fury, so still going that route. Been thinking the 2 FVS instead of the 2 Pally. The 2 FVS gives +2 Weapon Enhancement, +4 Damage boost every 30 seconds that stacks with Human damage boost, Divine Might and either 3 PRR or 5 HP, could get more but with my Enhancements I don't want to invest more in those. While you do lose out on saves, like 5 for each, I like the increased weapon damage.

Thanks.

EDIT: Was just testing out Divine Might on Lam and I am only getting a +4 when my CHA mod is a +7, does it cap out at +4 or is it bugged?
    the twist from unyelding regenerates turns so you will have infinite dm, the str bonus is insightful so it doesnt stack with prowless +3.

For ki can stay ocean3 or 4 to regenerate it but it's slow. you would better use sireth or wraps sometimes.
    Avenlight - Human - 12Fvs/6Monk/2Pal/8Epic
    Avenlight - Human - 17Cleric/2Monk/1Fighter/8Epic
    Korsat - Dwarf - 18Wizard/2Monk/8Epic
    Zendark - Halfelf - 12Monk/6Ranger/2Fighter/8Epic

Korsat's Build Index

ROS, Argonessen.

Community Member

Default Enhancements for Option 2

Hi have question How to setup enhancements for Option 2 thnx

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by korsat View Post
    the twist from unyelding regenerates turns so you will have infinite dm, the str bonus is insightful so it doesnt stack with prowless +3.

For ki can stay ocean3 or 4 to regenerate it but it's slow. you would better use sireth or wraps sometimes.
    Ah, thanks. I forgot about the prowess. Was driving myself crazy trying to figure out why I was not getting the other three. LOL. Makes sense.

But wouldn't fvs be better then? Frees up the twist spot and leaves DM always available and can also pick up empower healing for cacoon. I mean you lose a little bit on saves but gain a lot more benefits from the favor soul split.

Community Member

Any chance you or Sestra could post the halfling build here?
    How would you split the starting stats and level up stats now that you use two paladin levels?
    I'm eager to try it as my next TR life.

Community Member

Nearing my TR now and have come up with this draft of what a halfling monkcher might look like.

The character will be used for mainly solo/with hireling play on content around Epic hard difficulty. I have no aspirations to blaze through EE level difficulty.
    Please excuse the augment summoning feat. I often play with a hireling and the extra *oomph* it gives them has always seemed worthwhile to me during leveling. This feat may or may not be included in the final lvl 28 version. (Any ideas on what feat to take instead, and when to take it instead?)
    also the monk 12 is supposed to give Master of forms but for some reason the planner won't reflect it when selecting feats after, so the master of forms feat taken at 18 is supposed to be GM of forms.

I am by no stretch of imagination a very experienced DDO player when it comes to builds so please help me out by giving pointers on how to improve this build.

Thank you

Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 04.19.03
    DDO Character Planner Home Page

BowslingerTR 
    Level 28 Lawful Good Halfling Male
    (2 Paladin \ 12 Monk \ 6 Ranger \ 8 Epic) 
    Hit Points: 504
    Spell Points: 180 
    BAB: 17\17\22\27\27
    Fortitude: 26
    Reflex: 27
    Will: 21

Starting          Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
    (36 Point)       (Level 1)             (Level 28)
    Strength             14                    16
    Dexterity            18                    23
    Constitution         16                    21
    Intelligence          8                    10
    Wisdom               14                    22
    Charisma              8                    10

Tomes Used
    +2 Tome of Strength used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Constitution used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Wisdom used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Charisma used at level 7
    +3 Tome of Dexterity used at level 11
    +3 Tome of Constitution used at level 11
    +3 Tome of Wisdom used at level 11

Starting          Feat/Enhancement
                     Base Skills         Modified Skills
    Skills           (Level 1)            (Level 28)
    Balance               4                    30
    Bluff                -1                     8
    Concentration         7                    37
    Diplomacy            -1                     8
    Disable Device       n/a                    n/a
    Haggle               -1                     8
    Heal                  6                    41
    Hide                  4                    18
    Intimidate           -1                    11
    Jump                  6                    31
    Listen                2                    16
    Move Silently         4                    16
    Open Lock             n/a                  n/a
    Perform              n/a                    n/a
    Repair               -1                     8
    Search               -1                     8
    Spellcraft           -1                     8
    Spot                  6                    18
    Swim                  2                    11
    Tumble                n/a                  18
    Use Magic Device      1                    19

Level 1 (Ranger)
    Feat: (Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Undead
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Ranger
    Feat: (Selected) Point Blank Shot
    Feat: (Automatic) Attack
    Feat: (Automatic) Bow Strength
    Feat: (Automatic) Defensive Fighting
    Feat: (Automatic) Halfling Agility
    Feat: (Automatic) Halfling Bravery
    Feat: (Automatic) Halfling Keen Ears
    Feat: (Automatic) Halfling Luck
    Feat: (Automatic) Halfling Size Bonus
    Feat: (Automatic) Halfling Thrown Weapon Focus
    Feat: (Automatic) Heroic Durability
    Feat: (Automatic) Light Armor Proficiency
    Feat: (Automatic) Martial Weapon Proficiency (ALL)
    Feat: (Automatic) Shield Proficiency (General)
    Feat: (Automatic) Simple Weapon Proficiency
    Feat: (Automatic) Sneak
    Feat: (Automatic) Sunder
    Feat: (Automatic) Trip
    Feat: (Automatic) Wild Empathy

Level 2 (Monk)
    Feat: (Monk Bonus) Toughness
    Feat: (Automatic) AC Bonus
    Feat: (Automatic) Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Kama
    Feat: (Automatic) Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Shuriken
    Feat: (Automatic) Finishing Moves
    Feat: (Automatic) Flurry of Blows
    Feat: (Automatic) The Way of Air
    Feat: (Automatic) The Way of Fire
    Feat: (Automatic) The Way of Earth
    Feat: (Automatic) The Way of Water
    Feat: (Automatic) Unarmed Strike

Level 3 (Monk)
    Feat: (Selected) Least Dragonmark of Healing
    Feat: (Monk Bonus) Zen Archery
    Feat: (Automatic) Evasion
    Feat: (Automatic) Meditation

Level 4 (Monk)
    Feat: (Monk Path) Path of Harmonious Balance: Fists of Light
    Feat: (Automatic) Fast Movement
    Feat: (Automatic) Finishing Moves: Path of Harmonious Balance (ALL)
    Feat: (Automatic) Finishing Moves: Path of Inevitable Dominion (ALL)
    Feat: (Automatic) Still Mind

Level 5 (Ranger)
    Feat: (Automatic) Rapid Shot
    Feat: (Automatic) Two Weapon Fighting

Level 6 (Ranger)
    Feat: (Selected) Augment Summoning
    Feat: (Automatic) Diehard

Level 7 (Ranger)
    Feat: (Automatic) Precise Shot

Level 8 (Ranger)
    Feat: (Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Evil Outsider
    Feat: (Automatic) Archer's Focus
    Feat: (Automatic) Improved Heroic Durability

Level 9 (Monk)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Ranged Weapons
    Feat: (Automatic) Ki Strike: Magic
    Feat: (Automatic) Slow Fall

Level 10 (Monk)
    Feat: (Automatic) Purity of Body

Level 11 (Monk)
    Feat: (Monk Bonus) Ten Thousand Stars
    Feat: (Automatic) Adept of Forms

Level 12 (Monk)
    Feat: (Selected) Precision
    Feat: (Automatic) Wholeness of Body

Level 13 (Monk)

Level 14 (Monk)
    Feat: (Automatic) Improved Evasion

Level 15 (Monk)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Precise Shot
    Feat: (Automatic) Curse of the Void
    Feat: (Automatic) Ki Strike: Lawful
    Feat: (Automatic) Moment of Clarity

Level 16 (Monk)
    Feat: (Automatic) Diamond Body

Level 17 (Monk)
    Feat: (Automatic) Abundant Step
    Feat: (Automatic) Master of Forms (ALL)

Level 18 (Ranger)
    Feat: (Selected) Master of Forms
    Feat: (Automatic) Improved Two Weapon Fighting
    Feat: (Automatic) Manyshot

Level 19 (Paladin)
    Feat: (Deity) Follower of the Silver Flame
    Feat: (Automatic) Aura of Good
    Feat: (Automatic) Heavy Armor Proficiency
    Feat: (Automatic) Medium Armor Proficiency
    Feat: (Automatic) Smite Evil

Level 20 (Paladin)
    Feat: (Automatic) Divine Grace
    Feat: (Automatic) Lay on Hands

Level 21 (Epic)
    Feat: (Selected) Epic: Combat Archery

Level 22 (Epic)

Level 23 (Epic)

Level 24 (Epic)
    Feat: (Selected) Epic: Epic Toughness

Level 25 (Epic)

Level 26 (Epic)
    Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Holy Strike

Level 27 (Epic)
    Feat: (Selected) Epic: Blinding Speed

Level 28 (Epic)
    Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Doubleshot

Community Member

Love the build. Just TR'd and went Human with 2 Cleric instead. 2 cleric gets you divine might, righteous weapons, and some toughness and prr if you want to spend the AP there in warpriest. Even toss in an Inflame. Radiant gets you Wand & Scroll Mastery at tier 1. Human I like getting 2 tiers of cheap healing amp. Healing amp is like ghostbane. You can't ever have enough.

My question though is what path to take with monk and does it matter. The build calls for using range all of/most of the time. That would be my intent too. Is there any difference or benefit of one over the other since you won't be using finishing (or any tactical) moves with the monk? I mean maybe while leveling at low levels, but later on? I've only ever played a dark monk so I have no idea.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ensamvarg View Post
    Any chance you or Sestra could post the halfling build here?
    How would you split the starting stats and level up stats now that you use two paladin levels?
    I'm eager to try it as my next TR life.
    Here you go, you can thank Sestra https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...66#post5161466

OMNIPRESENCE

Community Member

Cheers! Many thanks to you both!
    Last edited by Ensamvarg; 11-07-2013 at 07:13 PM.

Community Member

This is a formatted summary of the build posted by
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight_slayer View Post
    Sestra
    Sestra - 12 Monk, 6 Ranger, 2 paladin. Halfling. Arcane Archer.
    Base stats:
    Str 14
    Dex 16
    Con 16
    Int 8
    Wis 16
    Cha 8
    Tomes: Plus 5 tome on every ability stat!

Feats:
    Completionist.
    Least dragonmark of healing.
    Favored enemy undead, human.
    Grandmaster of forms.
    Improved critical ranged.
    Improved precise shot.
    Fists of light.
    Point blank shot.
    Precision.
    Quicken.
    Ten thousand stars.
    Toughness.
    Zen archery

Epic Feats:
    Epic toughness.
    Combat archery
    Epic fortitude
    Forced Escape

Enhancements:
    Halfling 12 AP: Heal
    Arcane Archer 35 AP: arrow of slaying and runebow.
    Deepwood stalker 13 AP: sniper shot
    Henshin Mystic 8 AP: Contemplation tier 3
    Shintao 12 AP: iron skin tier 3

Epic Destiny: Fury of the wild:
    Primal scream T2.
    Damage reduction T2.
    Sence weekness T3.
    Constitution 5 points.
    Fury eternal.
    Unbridled fury.

twists:
    • Pin.
    • A dance of flowers.
    • Rejuvenation cocoon.

Skill points.
    UMD maxed.
    Diplo maxed.
    Heal maxed.
    Concentration maxed.
    Some points in Bluff and Search.
    Plus 4 tome on every skill except UMD.
    Plus 2 tome of UMD.
    Plus 5 tomes of Bluff, Hide, Haggle.

Past Life Feats:
    • 3 x monk
    • 3 x ranger
    • 3 x atri
    • 3 x barb
    • 3 x fighter
    • 3 x pally
    • 3 x rog
    • 3 x wiz
    • 2 x sorc
    • 2 x fvs
    • 1 x cleric
    • 1 x druid
    • 1 x bard

Community Member

Default wish vs str

Might seem like a stupid question, but why such high wisdom and lower strength?
    Ignore typo in the title. I'm on my phone.

May have answered my own question by reading further into Zen archery.
    Last edited by Divinus_Pondera; 11-11-2013 at 06:07 AM.

Ty for the formatting Ancient.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinus_Pondera View Post
    Might seem like a stupid question, but why such high wisdom and lower strength?
    Ignore typo in the title. I'm on my phone.

May have answered my own question by reading further into Zen archery.
    The higher wisdom, the more arrows you get out of Ten Thousand Stars.

For an EE soloer that wants max self sufficiency, dropping Strength and not going for the OC feat means you free up 4 feats (quicken, epic toughness, dragonmark, toughness). The Strength drop means a loss of 3 base damage per arrow and -1 Crit multiplier on 19-20. Comes down to playstyle really and what you are aiming at with your character.

OMNIPRESENCE

Hi all, new to the AA scene but I do have one currently lvl24. Been loving it. I play a lot of EE content but have only done a few with my AA so far. So far so good but I have always liked to get great self sufficiency while keeping dps high. The new Sestra build looks pretty interesting. I have some questions.

1. How many heal dragonmarks do you end up with?
    2. Do you need to use heal scrolls at all? if so...
    3. Is UMD high enough?
    4. Why FOTW over Shiradi? Can you please explain in detail as I am new to AA
    5. Why fists of light? Not that it matters much from what I can tell.

Any other tips much appreciated. Thank you in advance.
    If you're having fun, then you're doing it right.

Quote Originally Posted by DethTrip View Post
    Hi all, new to the AA scene but I do have one currently lvl24. Been loving it. I play a lot of EE content but have only done a few with my AA so far. So far so good but I have always liked to get great self sufficiency while keeping dps high. The new Sestra build looks pretty interesting. I have some questions.

1. How many heal dragonmarks do you end up with?
    2. Do you need to use heal scrolls at all? if so...
    3. Is UMD high enough?
    4. Why FOTW over Shiradi? Can you please explain in detail as I am new to AA
    5. Why fists of light? Not that it matters much from what I can tell.

Any other tips much appreciated. Thank you in advance.
    Heya, here are some answers:

1. 4 Heals (5 if you have the Epic Chimera's Fang), 6 moderate, 9 light. I have 322 positive spell power at this time, so heals hit me for 800 with NO healing amp item. Crits for 1700+. You want to save these for emergencies. Cocoon is your main source of healing.
    2. I have them, but never use them. Quickened cocoon every now & then & heal for emergency is more than enough.
    3. Keep in mind you have 2 paladin levels so you want a decent charisma score. With about 30 charisma, and completely unbuffed, UMD is at 40 (I do have 2 UMD items though, the epic spare hand (+3) and the (+2 cha skills)). I know Sestra can easily get up to 60 UMD.
    4. Think about it this way: Shiradi is a PROC ED, FotW is a CRIT ED. The more procs you get, the more benefit you get out of Shiradi (hence casters using magic missiles). If you shoot 1 arrow per second, you have 1 chance to proc one of the shiradi damages, while the caster gets a dozen of them per second. What makes AAs so powerful at this point is the ability to combine several elements: Applying adrenaline to a ranged attack will make all the arrows in that attack a crit (meaning if you are using manyshot, all 4 arrows are crits, if you are using 10k stars, you usually get 2 or 3 arrows a crit). Combine this with the very high Fortification bypass (-15% grim's precision twisted, -25% black scale, -25% precision feat, -20% debuff against undead for 20 seconds via bow of the silver flame) and most of your adrenaline arrows are crits. That's why you'll see AAs running in earth stance & with OC (that's a +2 crit multiplier). Knowing that slayer arrows (+250) damage works with adrenaline & on all your arrows in that attack, you could get 4 arrows that crit for 15-20k damage (Basically following this chain: Buff (Divine Might, Tensers, Damage Boost..), pin mob, use adrenaline, use manyshot, use slayer arrows.
    Quick summary: AAs power comes from 1. Crits applied to several arrows, 2. High Crit damage and 3. Being able to bypass fortification.
    They are a pain to level but starting at level 20 when you get FotW, it's a real pleasure.
    Play around with your AA going in Shiradi & FotW, you'll understand why no true AA sticks in shiradi.
    5. Pre-Enhancement pass, you'd go dark monk for: 1. Walk on water buff 2. very nice SA damage & 25% incorporeality
    Now, there is no prereq to get the SA & incorporeality from ninja spy, and you are too tight on APs to invest in that tree anyway. Light monk gives you access to the light buffs, so for example grasp of dragon for immunity to stuns, which is quite useful in some raids such as LOB.

Hope that helps, Sith.

OMNIPRESENCE

Heya, here are some answers:

1. 4 Heals (5 if you have the Epic Chimera's Fang), 6 moderate, 9 light. I have 322 positive spell power at this time, so heals hit me for 800 with NO healing amp item. Crits for 1700+. You want to save these for emergencies. Cocoon is your main source of healing.
    2. I have them, but never use them. Quickened cocoon every now & then & heal for emergency is more than enough.
    3. Keep in mind you have 2 paladin levels so you want a decent charisma score. With about 30 charisma, and completely unbuffed, UMD is at 40 (I do have 2 UMD items though, the epic spare hand (+3) and the (+2 cha skills)). I know Sestra can easily get up to 60 UMD.
    4. Think about it this way: Shiradi is a PROC ED, FotW is a CRIT ED. The more procs you get, the more benefit you get out of Shiradi (hence casters using magic missiles). If you shoot 1 arrow per second, you have 1 chance to proc one of the shiradi damages, while the caster gets a dozen of them per second. What makes AAs so powerful at this point is the ability to combine several elements: Applying adrenaline to a ranged attack will make all the arrows in that attack a crit (meaning if you are using manyshot, all 4 arrows are crits, if you are using 10k stars, you usually get 2 or 3 arrows a crit). Combine this with the very high Fortification bypass (-15% grim's precision twisted, -25% black scale, -25% precision feat, -20% debuff against undead for 20 seconds via bow of the silver flame) and most of your adrenaline arrows are crits. That's why you'll see AAs running in earth stance & with OC (that's a +2 crit multiplier). Knowing that slayer arrows (+250) damage works with adrenaline & on all your arrows in that attack, you could get 4 arrows that crit for 15-20k damage (Basically following this chain: Buff (Divine Might, Tensers, Damage Boost..), pin mob, use adrenaline, use manyshot, use slayer arrows.
    Quick summary: AAs power comes from 1. Crits applied to several arrows, 2. High Crit damage and 3. Being able to bypass fortification.
    They are a pain to level but starting at level 20 when you get FotW, it's a real pleasure.
    Play around with your AA going in Shiradi & FotW, you'll understand why no true AA sticks in shiradi.
    5. Pre-Enhancement pass, you'd go dark monk for: 1. Walk on water buff 2. very nice SA damage & 25% incorporeality
    Now, there is no prereq to get the SA & incorporeality from ninja spy, and you are too tight on APs to invest in that tree anyway. Light monk gives you access to the light buffs, so for example grasp of dragon for immunity to stuns, which is quite useful in some raids such as LOB.

Hope that helps, Sith.
    Thank you for your reply.

UMD of 40 is quite impressive given its not a class skill of any of the classes.

I am quite familiar with monks and understand the crit multi in earth and the difference between light and dark and all that. I was curious why you took it instead of dark on this new build since I did not see any enhancements that required it. Taking it for light finishers is a good idea.

My specific question is, why use fotw when you only get 5 adrenaline uses per rest and with shiradi the chance for procs are always there plus all the other beneficial stuff for rangers? Do the adrenalines recharge or something? I do understand the idea that a +400% damage +16 threat attack will make one powerful attack and also that when you use an attack during manyshot and 10k that all the arrows get the proc. It just seems that for only 5 uses per rest that, shiradi would provide more of a benefit overall. I know I must be missing something because so many AAs use fotw and I know you are very experienced with AAs. I just really want to grasp how it works and why it's better. Do the adrenaline uses recharge or something? 5 uses seems low compared to a constant chance for procs and all the other beneficial ranger stuff in shiradi.
    If you're having fun, then you're doing it right.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast