Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

EDIT: nvm
    Last edited by LafoMamone; 04-01-2013 at 12:25 PM.

Community Member

What's the difference between 12mnk and 11-12rgr besides Imp Evasion? Can get more feats that way(and a melee ability), but what are the big losses by doing that(besides Imp Evasion)?
    ME BARB, ME SMA-ok I stand here with pretty blue lines around me. ok I take damage. ok bye.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfORCastrator View Post
    What's the difference between 12mnk and 11-12rgr besides Imp Evasion? Can get more feats that way(and a melee ability), but what are the big losses by doing that(besides Imp Evasion)?
    You lose a crit multiplier, abundant step, 2d6 sneak attack damage, the ability to do ice in abbot very easily, and potentially a few other things...but mainly the first 3.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

Community Member

How's this for a first life 32 pt adaptation? Dropped the OC line. Allows me to focus less on str and more on wis. Dropped the past life goodies too. This gives me gtwf, stunning fist, ic bludgeon, vorpal strikes(does this now give a +.5W to unarmed like the wpn mod does to the wpn it's on?), toughness, and mental toughness.

sfist dc: 10base+12charlevel+10item+5cm+19wis=56+6ldtwist(if I need/choose to)=62

helf 12mnk/6rgr/2ftr:
    32 ability points:
    16str+4tome
    15dex+4tome
    12con+4tome
    08int+4tome
    16wis+4tome+6lvls+8item+3ins+1exc+4enhs+2destiny= 44+2yugo+2ship= 48
    08cha+4tome

7base+3mnk+2ftr+2epic

helf:
    rog dilly

granted:
    twf
    itwf
    bow str
    manyshot
    rapid shot
    precise shot
    favored enemyx2: giant/undead

picked:
    point blank shot
    wpn focus: ranged
    imp crit: ranged
    precision
    zen archery
    power attack
    dodge
    imp precise shot

mental toughness
    toughness
    gtwf
    imp crit: bludgeon
    stunning fist

vorpal strikes
    Last edited by HalfORCastrator; 04-02-2013 at 04:24 PM.
    ME BARB, ME SMA-ok I stand here with pretty blue lines around me. ok I take damage. ok bye.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by emptysands View Post
    Gets really hard to fit feats.

The following would work:

12 Monk/4 Paladin/4 Ranger

7 + 3 monk + 2 epic = 12

Ranger (Free): Bow Strength, Rapid Shot, TWF, Precise Shot
    Monk (3) Dodge (for Ninja), Zen Archery, Precision
    Ranged (5): PBS, IC: Ranged, WF: Ranged (for AA, Bow Strength), Manyshot, IPS
    Other(2): Toughness/Completionist, Mental Toughness/PL: Sorc (for AA)
    Meta (2): Empower Healing (rq. Paladin 4), Quicken

The 12 monk/6 fighter/2 paladin works for feats, gets OC but does not get Empower Healing. 12 monk/6 paladin/2 fighter will only work if you drop Precision or Quicken.
    Quicken for what exactly? On a ranged build, you're out of harm's way most of the time, or can briefly duck behind a corner.

The 4 Paladin/4 Ranger split is certainly a good self-healer:

Devotion: 75 Empower Heal + 80 Halcyon Boots + 40 enhancements = 195.

Healing Amp: 20% helf + 20% monk + 30% PDK gloves + 20% ToD ring + 10% ship + 5% Paladin PL = 259%.

Rejuv Cocoon: 17.5 base * 2.95 devotion * 2.59 heal amp = 133 average per tick.

However, I haven't seen the need for Rejuv Cocoon if you have the Cleric dilettante which heals for 285 per scroll. Yes, you lose 3d6 SA but in the places it matters like FoT you aren't going to get SA anyway. You also lose OC with 12/4/4, which is significant.
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post
    You lose a crit multiplier, abundant step, 2d6 sneak attack damage, the ability to do ice in abbot very easily, and potentially a few other things...but mainly the first 3.
    I actually prefer water stance for the extra saves, dodge and WIS bracket. The CM, only applies on 10% of fury shots. Whereas I'm more likely to get 3 arrows at 1500 on a 10k Adrenaline shot with the higher WIS.
    Varz
    Wanderlust

Community Member

If I were to use this feat list and wanted gtwf by lvl12, what would the feat order for lvling look like?

feats:
    helf:
    rog dilly

granted:
    twf
    itwf
    bow str
    manyshot
    rapid shot
    precise shot
    favored enemyx2: giant/undead

picked:
    point blank shot
    wpn focus: ranged
    imp crit: ranged
    precision
    zen archery
    power attack
    dodge
    imp precise shot

mental toughness
    toughness
    gtwf
    imp crit: bludgeon
    stunning fist

vorpal strikes
    join: Oct. 2011 - formerly HalfORCastrator

Community Member

I finally hit lvl 20 on my WC Bard whom I hate. (I have 11 characters and I never play him so figured I'd suck it up and get to 20). Now I'm at 20 trying to boost my FS ED a bit while there before TR. A post got me inspired to look at a Bardcher and then while researching more I landed here.

I don't have any +4 tomes. I may be able to drop a +3 or two/three into this character with CON, STR and WIS I guess if needed.

Any suggestions on how to go about a 34 pt build with no +4 tomes? Will I be wasting my time trying this build and instead should roll bardcher, play to 20 and TR again to get a 36 pt build hoping to have gotten a +4 or two along the way?

To add to my complication I have a SOS on this character (was a THF). It's not epic yet. I just need a shard (like everyone else) but I feel bad leaving it in the bank. If I'd known I was going Monkcher I would have put it up for roll.

The concept of AA has me kind of excited lately. My exploiter tempest ranger steps back with FoTW Adrenaline and MS for DPS bursts and I love it. I want to concentrate on a build focused on this. Any suggestions?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Symerith View Post
    [center]

I give you the Sithali!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SITHALI, LAWFUL NEUTRAL HALF ELF: 12 MONK / 6 RANGER / 2 FIGHTER w/ FURY OF THE WILD

STATS (36) All sustainable
    Str - 17+2(lvl)+4(tome)+2(compl)+2(yugo)+2(ship)+8(item) +2(insight)+4(alchem)+5(primal)+1(fighter enh.)+2(madstone)+2(destiny)+2(ram's)+1(exc)= 56
    Dex - 15+4(tome)+2(compl)+2(ship)+2(yugo)+7(item)+3(insi ght)+4(alchem)+1(exc)-2(stance)=38
    Con - 13+4(tome)+2(compl)+2(ship)+2(yugo)+(7item)+2(insi ght)+4(alchem)+1(human enh)+5(primal)+1(exc)+3(stance)+4(madstone)= 50
    Int - 8+4(tome)+2(Compl)+2(ship)=16
    Wis - 16+4(lvl)+4(tome)+2(compl)+2(yugo)+2(ship)+8(item) +3(Insight)+1(human enh)+3(monk enh.)+1(exc)+2(destiny)= 48
    Cha - 8+4(tome)+2(compl)+2(ship)+2(yugo)+7(item)+2(insig ht)+1(exc) = 28

Note: +4 str/dex tomes are not required but it would be very difficult to reach the 19 dex required for Improved Precise Shot and the 23 str required for Overwhelming Critical and still have a very powerful 10kstars.
    tried to find out where +4 alchemical to stats come from, but all I could find was +3s from house deneith.
    would appreciate any info on the matter.
    thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dx8976 View Post
    tried to find out where +4 alchemical to stats come from, but all I could find was +3s from house deneith.
    would appreciate any info on the matter.
    thanks.
    Tenser's Transformation

Community Member

very detailed build.

Just wanted to comment that there is no need to prove that a well played AA is one of the best characters you can build.

Shataan has shown this time and again by soling every raid in the game (that is soloable) on his AA...

But cudos for your breakdown and getting into the nitty gritty!
    ~~ Adrunil - Rogue. Halfling, big guy you can't miss him. ~~
    ~~ Adrunel - Monkcher. (Moncher?) ~~
    Robodoc - FvS Evoker-Healer. Post 19: Ended up LRing into 13/7 forc
    Orien server.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    So you don't put down the bow when 10k stars and manyshot are on timer?

Seems your average DPS drops quite a bit there during those times (40 seconds out of every 2 minutes). Of course, there's plenty of downtime in most dungeons running to the next encounter, so if you time things right, it's not that bad.

I'm not sure Overwhelming critical is worth 4 feats (3 of which are utterly worthless to you - Power Attack, Cleave, Great Cleave).

Seems a real waste to not have Stunning Fist and a melee option with such a nice Wisdom score.
    you could still pop out an eSoS and put out some decent damage with the cleaves out of ms and 10k stars specially if your in legendary and have epic moment

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zenmonkcherman View Post
    you could still pop out an eSoS and put out some decent damage with the cleaves out of ms and 10k stars specially if your in legendary and have epic moment
    Sireth/wraps maybe, but esos is pretty bad advice, it uncenters you = loss of ki for 10k/shadowfade/abundant, besides at least original Sith's build without pally splash doesn't have space for imp crit or Stunfist, Sireth is nice but can't compare to bow with good " positioning".

Melee is seldom needed, and if you have to, it's really only for ki generation not for damage. Natural "ki flow" with earth stance and enlightement twist is 90% time enough for 10k/shadowfade, it's low only when you have to abundant twice in a row from tough situation or something.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Symerith View Post
    [center][/list]

New gear layout for U17

Helm: Helm of the Blue Dragon (Draconic Mind, Wis +3, Green slot: +14PRR , Yellow slot: +2 con)
    Goggles: Intricate Field Optics (Spot +20, True Seeing, +8 wisdom, Yellow Slot:+2 insight cha, Green slot: +7 resistance)
    Necklace: Gilvaenor's Necklace / Epic Adehrent's Pendant as a quick swap for +2 boosts & +54 spell power for cocoon (Constitution +6, Attack Bonus +2, Arcane Archer set)
    Armor: Red scale robe/Black Dragonscale Robe (Colorless slot: Globe of imperial blood (+1 exc. all stats), Blue slot: Toughness)
    Trinket: Planar focus of Prowess (Str +8)
    Cloak: Mithril Cloak of the Wolf (Lose 1 seeker but the +3% dodge will stack with the +4% dodge from ring for a total of +7% dodge! ( Exceptional Seeker +4, Dodge 3%, Attack Bonus +3, Diversion 20%)
    Belt: Epic Spare Hand (This is the GS cha item but it has 2 slots (Doublestrike 3%, Use Magical Device +3, Riposte, Exceptional Combat Mastery +5, Staggering Blow, Disable Device +15, Open Lock +15,Blue slot: +35 HP, Colorless Slot: +7 cha)
    Ring1: Gilvaenor's Ring (Dexterity +6, Exceptional Dexterity +1, Arcane Archer set, Slotted: +20% Healing Amp)
    Ring2: Dun Robar Ring (+7 con, +4% dodge, +10 Tendon Slice (fixed with ranged))
    Boots: Treads of Falling Shadow / Madstone Boots (Striding +30%, Ghostly, Dexterity +8, Insightful Dexterity +3)
    Gloves: Backstabber's Gloves (Bluff +20, Sneak Attack +5, Exceptional Sneak Attack +3, Improved Deception, Yellow slot: +2 str)
    Bracers:+45 HP minII bracers
    Quiver: Quiver of Poison (Venomed Ammunition - 1d10)

Weapon: Pinion, Cloud-Piercer (Red slot: +1d10 Ice damage)
    why blue helm? why not black one for the draconic ferocity set?

The set bonus doesn't do anything with Planar Conflux. The ranged part of the black dragon set is +2 Artifact bonus to damage. Planar Conflux is +4 Artifact attack/damage (and 15 PRR). And the black helm can't fit wisdom (it's options are str/dex/con).
    Caisha Stormweaver - Some class split dependent upon TR needs - Argonnessen
    Twitch, YouTube, Builds

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    Sireth/wraps maybe, but esos is pretty bad advice, it uncenters you = loss of ki for 10k/shadowfade/abundant, besides at least original Sith's build without pally splash doesn't have space for imp crit or Stunfist, Sireth is nice but can't compare to bow with good " positioning".

Melee is seldom needed, and if you have to, it's really only for ki generation not for damage. Natural "ki flow" with earth stance and enlightement twist is 90% time enough for 10k/shadowfade, it's low only when you have to abundant twice in a row from tough situation or something.
    I don't like cleaving with wraps, it just doesn't seem right and it really slows your attack rate. Sireth is the better option here. In earth stance you only gain ki if your hit, in ee that doesn't seem good because your trying to not get hit at all. Maybe water stance is better? Only lose some hp and x1 multiplier.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by flute136 View Post
    I don't like cleaving with wraps, it just doesn't seem right and it really slows your attack rate. Sireth is the better option here. In earth stance you only gain ki if your hit, in ee that doesn't seem good because your trying to not get hit at all. Maybe water stance is better? Only lose some hp and x1 multiplier.
    Without stunning fist, improved crit melee is for ki only really. Sireth is great if you have it, but everybody rolls on it so wraps might be easier for monk to get.
    Doesn't really matter for that one whistler-ed dancing mob.

You can try water anytime, it's just enhancement. I like 40 hp, 12 prr more than 4 saves, 3 dodge and passive ki.
    You haven't seen ranged damage until you try 5 x crits with fully upgraded Pinion and 10 - 21 seeker with 60% fort bypass in fury

Community Member

Default Prr 57?

where are you getting your PRR of 57 from? all i see is 12 from mountain stance 3, 14 from saphire, and 15 from planar conflux set bonus thats only a 41. Would be a huge help to know where the extra 16 is coming from. thanks =]

Community Member

[QUOTE=Veles;5031670]Without stunning fist, improved crit melee is for ki only really. Sireth is great if you have it, but everybody rolls on it so wraps might be easier for monk to get.
    Doesn't really matter for that one whistler-ed dancing mob.

QUOTE]

with new enhancement bypass monks can use any weapon and stay centered with kensaii tree

Community Member

This build is solid of course. it took 40 minutes to do the quest. A lot of shiradi blue bars can do it way faster. FVS can do it faster, Sorc can do it faster. All of us players can solo EE's so basically we down to times and 40 mins is way too long for end of the road.

rebuff for 40 seconds is not my thing. The dps is not high at all if u average it over a long time. You are a good player and it is cool you have a nice build but do the math over time this build is horrible DPS compared to melees. HORRIBLE. Great for soloing and as you said AMAZING BURST, but overall not good. But again soloable and UBER burst so awesome for all the new raids with timed kills to prevent soloing raids.

TBH I like 12 monk 6 ranger 2 arti a lot more than this build, and go Deepwood sniper, the sniper shot adds +2 crit range and multiplier, and is 10 second cooldown, AND when you use sniper shot with many shot or 10k going you get the x2 on all the arrows................It is way better than this build..try it out brotha.......a 5k crit is NOTHING to this build homeslice.......also NEVER melee on it

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast