Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DethTrip View Post
    Thank you for your reply.

UMD of 40 is quite impressive given its not a class skill of any of the classes.

I am quite familiar with monks and understand the crit multi in earth and the difference between light and dark and all that. I was curious why you took it instead of dark on this new build since I did not see any enhancements that required it. Taking it for light finishers is a good idea.

My specific question is, why use fotw when you only get 5 adrenaline uses per rest and with shiradi the chance for procs are always there plus all the other beneficial stuff for rangers? Do the adrenalines recharge or something? I do understand the idea that a +400% damage +16 threat attack will make one powerful attack and also that when you use an attack during manyshot and 10k that all the arrows get the proc. It just seems that for only 5 uses per rest that, shiradi would provide more of a benefit overall. I know I must be missing something because so many AAs use fotw and I know you are very experienced with AAs. I just really want to grasp how it works and why it's better. Do the adrenaline uses recharge or something? 5 uses seems low compared to a constant chance for procs and all the other beneficial ranger stuff in shiradi.
    Of course they recharge, 33% chance to get 1 back every 20. Also, you get 7, not 5.

Obviously, you only use them when you are using manyshot or 10kstars. Go ahead and try Shiradi.. 200 less HP, very low to non existant burst DPS. Think about it this way. 4 arrows with a manshot in shiradi will be what.. 2K damage, but with adrenaline, you are looking at 10k damage, and if the mob is pinned and you are using slayer arrow, that's a ridiculous amount of 15-20k x4.

Take a look at my elite shroud video posted yesterday, specifically how I 1 shot elite portals with adrenaline+slayer+10kstar, or even part 2 with the 4 red names kill, or part 4 when I unleash a fury shot on harry.

I did a 3 rounder on elite harry in part 4. I'm not even sure I could do it in 10 rounds with shiradi.

I can keep telling you how FotW is better, but in the end, I think you should try it on your own. Try both EDs on your monkcher.
    Last edited by Symerith; 11-15-2013 at 02:05 PM.

Sithali-1 ~ 31/31 Lives ~ Completionist
    OMNIPRESENCE
    The Sith Project ~ Youtube channel ~ Sithali, King of Burst DPS ~ Pyrene, the Endgame Paladin ~ Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Symerith View Post
    Of course they recharge, 33% chance to get 1 back every 20. Also, you get 7, not 5.

Obviously, you only use them when you are using manyshot or 10kstars. Go ahead and try Shiradi.. 200 less HP, very low to non existant burst DPS. Think about it this way. 4 arrows with a manshot in shiradi will be what.. 2K damage, but with adrenaline, you are looking at 10k damage, and if the mob is pinned and you are using slayer arrow, that's a ridiculous amount of 15-20k x4.

Take a look at my elite shroud video posted yesterday, specifically how I 1 shot elite portals with adrenaline+slayer+10kstar, or even part 2 with the 4 red names kill, or part 4 when I unleash a fury shot on harry.

I did a 3 rounder on elite harry in part 4. I'm not even sure I could do it in 10 rounds with shiradi.

I can keep telling you how FotW is better, but in the end, I think you should try it on your own. Try both EDs on your monkcher.
    Fury eternal says on melee vorpal. Since you're telling me they recharge when using a bow, well it all makes sense now. Still working my way around to fotw with this particular toon. He was a character that I didn't play much so that is why I turned him into an AA. Just so I could check it out. Now that I've figured out that I really like it, he's been getting played a LOT more. Thanks for all your insight. Happy hunting.
    If you're having fun, then you're doing it right.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DethTrip View Post
    you only get 5 adrenaline uses per rest and with shiradi the chance for procs are always there plus all the other beneficial stuff for rangers? Do the adrenalines recharge or something?
    In fact, the adrenalines DO recharge, at tier 5 of Fury of the Wild ED, there's an enhancement that gives you 33% to recharge an adrenaline charge on a vorpal attack.

Community Member

Just thought I'd leave a little update. I'm back to the game after a 6 months break.

2 options on the Sithali now:

Option 1 If there had to be a Sithali v2.0, it would be very similar to what Sestra (my new guildie - I changed servers) is running.
    He runs a much more survivable version of it & convinced me of its potential.
    Today's Sithali version is quite the opposite of the first concept, which was to pick up OC.. Now, you drop OC to free up 4 feats & pick up Combat Archery, Quicken, Paladin PL & Epic Toughness.
    Race: halfling
    Split: 12 monk 6 ranger 2 paladin
    HP: 1200-1400
    Pros over Sithali..: Insane saves, much more hitpoints, quickened heals that hit for 700+.. (with the dragonmark), Every arrow base damage is over 100 - The build doesn't rely on its critical potential anymore. Divine Might.. This is easily a +7-8 boost to every arrow (14-16 strenght bonus) at the cost of 1 twist.
    Cons: -1 Critical multiplier, but the survivability makes up for it. You also lose the ability to dual boost, but then Haste Boost is not twisted very often..
    New twists: Dance of flowers, pin/cocoon, bane of undeath
    Basically trading off some DPS for survivability, which was always my number 1 goal as an EE soloer.
    I'll post some videos on my channel when I cap the build.

Option 2 If you wanted to keep the same concept as the Sithali, which was to maximize DPS, go for 12 monk 6 ranger 2 paladin, human, twists: bane of undeath, dance of flowers, pin/cocoon.
    Keep OC (2 less feats from losing 2 ftr levels, but +1 from going human & +1 from new lvl 28 feat) => feats stay the same.
    With DM & dance of lowers, your damage will increase a lot.. crits over 20k.
    Anyway, that's pretty much it, the last updates have boosted the Sithali a lot.

Sith
    Thank you for posting again, much appreciated.

Opt 1: Sestra posted his build without Bane of Undeath. How does that fit in?
    Opt 2: How would you distribute the 80 ap on enhancements for option 2 given the new enh system?

As halfling archer is lining up small enemies for IPS easier?
    On my Halfelf I can't hit a scorpion in front of me while shooting at one that is further away.
    NedrilFavored Soul . GidraMonkcher . LambalorBard . Cannith

Default Enhancements

With the new enhancement tree I also am very interested in how you spent your points. Also I see people saying AA"elf" is this over AA"ranger"? Are you spending 4 points to unlock the elf one vs. using the granted ranger one? I am trying this build out on a 3rd lifer that I always wanted to be ranged. She has all the trap gear so I went arti to try to pull off trap skills too. Going 12monk/6ranger/1Arti and filling in other level based on weakness vs plus at 20. Thanks for the build and any guidance you can provide.
    Dungeon Alert and difficulty scaling killing LFMs since 9-1-2009.

Well, finally capped fotw a few days ago and after playing it a lot this weekend, man, I can see why you like it. I finally got the button sequence down and wow, things were dying pretty fast in EE TOR. Thanks again for all your helpful replies. Happy hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by The10man View Post
    With the new enhancement tree I also am very interested in how you spent your points. Also I see people saying AA"elf" is this over AA"ranger"? Are you spending 4 points to unlock the elf one vs. using the granted ranger one? I am trying this build out on a 3rd lifer that I always wanted to be ranged. She has all the trap gear so I went arti to try to pull off trap skills too. Going 12monk/6ranger/1Arti and filling in other level based on weakness vs plus at 20. Thanks for the build and any guidance you can provide.
    13 monk grants you the feat diamond soul which gives you spell resistance 23 (monk level +10). Not real high but could be helpful.

Community Member

Default Enchancements please

Awesome build so far, but could someone please write up their current enhancement points and where
    They have spent them? Thanks

is it possible to do a Bladeforged /2 pallyversion of this build for even more survivability (reconstruct SLA, reduced slashing damage taken)? Would build points be stretched to the point of not being playable?

If it is possible...can someone please provide the build modifications?

well...I'm initially thinking 14/14/16/8/14/12. Use level ups as required to get to 21 DEX.

What provides more DPS...OC or a few extra points of WIS? Getting 23 STR is a bit of a challenge for a BF /2pally version.

Community Member

Default I start with Sithali, and i will end with Sithali.

This is a very very nice build, I have told all my friends ''try the Sithali''. I'm only at level 14-15, and every time i play Sithali, is awesome. It is a very powerfull build.
    But, there is something i really need to know, the leveling ordre, example:
    1. ranger
    2. monk
    3 ranger
    4. ranger

If you could write the leveling ordre, it would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Hathorian View Post
    well...I'm initially thinking 14/14/16/8/14/12. Use level ups as required to get to 21 DEX.

What provides more DPS...OC or a few extra points of WIS? Getting 23 STR is a bit of a challenge for a BF /2pally version.
    You dont need that much con, drop it to 12 or 10 and put it in str.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    You dont need that much con, drop it to 12 or 10 and put it in str.
    Your talking about Sithali, a balls to the wall zerger, solo epic elite, byoh everything end-gammer. You don't start with 10 con ever, on anything, especially Sith's build. If you do, the only time you'll be playing close to his level is when your in his backpack.

@ Luxmus

To start a new thread you just go to the forum page you want the thread to be on and
    in the top left there is a button "+Post new thread", Hit that.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight_slayer View Post
    Your talking about Sithali, a balls to the wall zerger, solo epic elite, byoh everything end-gammer. You don't start with 10 con ever, on anything, especially Sith's build. If you do, the only time you'll be playing close to his level is when your in his backpack.

@ Luxmus

To start a new thread you just go to the forum page you want the thread to be on and
    in the top left there is a button "+Post new thread", Hit that.
    I soloed plenty of ee with 10 con.
    Btw it is you are, not your.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    I soloed plenty of ee with 10 con.
    Btw it is you are, not your.
    Yes you can solo plenty of EE's with a 8 con wind stance halfling. Agh 8 con halflings, remembering my heroic leveling builds, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by knight_slayer View Post
    yes you can solo plenty of ee's with a 8 con wind stance halfling. Agh 8 con halflings, remembering my heroic leveling builds, lol.
    I find funny because you rely on having over one thousand HPs to run epic elites then whine when other people are better than you. Try strategy instead of brute force next time.
    Ckarlock Alarm (PDK bard 7 fighter 6 rogue 2) life 17
    Dragonbloodz Power (Drow sorc 20/epic 8) life 6
    Sorinsal (Drow rogue 20/epic 5) life 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    What I think is OP is anyone who uses implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill to be more effective in quests then I am - so I then find the time to post complaints about their use of implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill thus making me OP on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    Here's a new flash for the people who have not evolved and still play sponge toons: you serve no purpose. it's rude, but it's the truth. Divines are powerful, have been for a long time. They don't need you. If you need them you add no value to the group.

Oh, also please look at my signature before you ***** some more about people using better strategy than you
    Ckarlock Alarm (PDK bard 7 fighter 6 rogue 2) life 17
    Dragonbloodz Power (Drow sorc 20/epic 8) life 6
    Sorinsal (Drow rogue 20/epic 5) life 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    What I think is OP is anyone who uses implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill to be more effective in quests then I am - so I then find the time to post complaints about their use of implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill thus making me OP on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    Here's a new flash for the people who have not evolved and still play sponge toons: you serve no purpose. it's rude, but it's the truth. Divines are powerful, have been for a long time. They don't need you. If you need them you add no value to the group.

While it provides some useful information, the Sithali is quite old and outdated I think we should let it rest in peace

Sithali-1 ~ 31/31 Lives ~ Completionist
    OMNIPRESENCE
    The Sith Project ~ Youtube channel ~ Sithali, King of Burst DPS ~ Pyrene, the Endgame Paladin ~ Facebook!

Default Bladeforged 12mon/6rng/2pal

Saw some recent interest in the bladeforged version, so, posting what I can remember of mine:

16+5tome+2level STR
    16+5tome DEX
    10+5tome CON
    8+4tome INT
    14+5tome+5level WIS
    8+5tome CHA

this gets you enough for OC and CA. Depending on your tome availability, you may have to adjust a few stats and make up the wisdom later in the game with gear. i remember having to wait til lv28 for 42wis a couple lives in a row, til i figured out my gear mapping and got all +5 tomes needed.

for enhancements:

all five core in bladeforged, recon x3, boost, seeker, and weap attachment.
    enough for shadow fade and the PRR mod for earth stance from monk trees
    1pt in deepwoods for increased PBS range
    Three core from AA tree. all four elemental arrows, conjure arrows, whatever the ones are that give you SP, 3xterror and para arrows, and all four tier fives.
    EDIT: Two points of wisdom in AA tree and one in one of the monk trees.

Twisting standing with stone, enlightenment and dance with flowers.
    Last edited by FCofKhatovar; 06-08-2014 at 12:43 PM.
    Leader of Blood Rage on Cannith: Kantouch(Completionist, 3xColors, 3xDoubleshot, 3xFort, 3xD-strike, 3xSkill Mastery, 3xPOLaD, 3xBrace, 3xAbsorb, 3xEnchant 3xCrit), Mirilidien(6mon/6rng/8pal, 8th life), Uncledoj(20 FvS 3rd life)

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast