Thread: joining a party

Community Member

Default joining a party

Hello all,
    This is my firs toon, 1st life. Level 22 pure AA Ranger, level 4 Shiradi currently. Recently became VIP so I have access to all content, just not flagged for everything yet. Been solo exclusively, but would like to begin joining parties so as to 1- survive higher diff epic quests, 2- access to epic items, 3 - learn from others/ become a better player/ broaden my experience. Questions:
    1 Dont have a mic - should I get one? How important?
    2 Would joining a guild be more appropriate to learn the ins and outs of running with a party vs. PUGs?

Im on Thelanis

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JPGR View Post
    When you first start partying? Not important at all. Maybe down the line you might find you want one, but it's certainly not a barrier to entry into the pugging scene.

2 Would joining a guild be more appropriate to learn the ins and outs of running with a party vs. PUGs?
    Well, I'd use pugs as a means to identify a guild you'd like to be a part of.

and if you are on argonessen i would be happy to run with you, and guild invite if you would like.
    "Eye of the Dragon" on Argonessen. "Quest with the best"

You wont need a mic ever, unless you want it. It may be useful in a zerg party, because typing questions leaves you behind.
    Joining PUGs is the best way to learn, because you never know what kind of party youre joining. PUGging is also a good way to join guilds, and finding out more about the members of a guild before joining it.

Default yes

Quote Originally Posted by JPGR View Post
    Hello all,
    This is my firs toon, 1st life. Level 22 pure AA Ranger, level 4 Shiradi currently. Recently became VIP so I have access to all content, just not flagged for everything yet. Been solo exclusively, but would like to begin joining parties so as to 1- survive higher diff epic quests, 2- access to epic items, 3 - learn from others/ become a better player/ broaden my experience. Questions:

Im on Thelanis

thanks
    1 yes
    2 yes
    The One True Fighter/Wizard Father of the Alliance General Orcneas of ORC

http://darkside.guildportal.com http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=174849

Thumbs down Incoming!

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    You wont need a mic ever
    You also don't need a cell-phone....
    but...
    The One True Fighter/Wizard Father of the Alliance General Orcneas of ORC

http://darkside.guildportal.com http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=174849

From Wisconsin, Live in Iowa, Vist Wisconsin

If you plan on leading many pugs - I would get a mic.
    Using voice for simple instructions - stop - trap - go left - etc make things go alot better-

Even if you don't lead - a mic make thing go soo much better - when stuff gets hetic - people don't have the time to type - don't see party chat...

A simple Logitech headset / mic will set you back about $15...

Happy hunting

Calling Sarlona my home - Guildmaster - Brotherhood of Redemption - ddo.borguild.com
    Alts - Propane, Kerosene, Hexane, JA, Waulter, Acetylene, CNG, LPG, Woodpile, Hexyne, Dilithium Crystal, Geothermal, TidalPower, Windpower, Natural Gas, Antimematter, and Coaldust (and a few others)

Quote Originally Posted by Propane View Post
    don't see party chat...
    This. If all of my friends, I tend to run with a semi-static group that randomly picks up one or two pugs, are in voice I will tend to skip over party chat a good portion of the time. Also I can't begin to count the number of times I've died/fallen (usually into lava) while typing despite a high typing speed.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers