Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by oweieie View Post
    Um, yeah, that was said about the travesty that is LoB, and some said it about CitW too. I'll believe it when I see it.
    Huh? Lord of Blades is probably the best raid in the game.

Community Member

Um, yeah, that was said about the travesty that is LoB, and some said it about CitW too. I'll believe it when I see it.
    I'd like to see that quote about CiTW...

And LoB is fine. MA on the other hand...
    ----------------------
    Hiyoshimaru

Quote Originally Posted by kzeast View Post
    I'd like to see that quote about CiTW...

And LoB is fine. MA on the other hand...
    Am I the only person that actually likes MA a lot? I view the purple titan as a puzzle with multiple solutions.

LoB would still be popular if the stupid run in was removed and the totally broken loot tables fixed. At least for CITW, if I want commendations but can't organise an EE 2 chest run, I can still join a friend's EN 6 chest run and have some chance of getting what I'm after. LOB though - you have a situation where one person wants heroic normal drops and can't get anything out of other difficulties, another wants epic normal and a third person wants epic hard, making it almost impossible to form a group.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

a little spoiler for our non-lammanians about how this raid works? *__*
    I can't wait it to going live, to know!!!
    ALL HAIL TO ITS SQUISHY-MAJESTY SIR KNORR, LORD OF OOZES AND MASTER OF SLIME
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=386688

Quote Originally Posted by Nephilia View Post
    a little spoiler for our non-lammanians about how this raid works? *__*
    I can't wait it to going live, to know!!!
    Post 7 in http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=405011 is my summary.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    ty a lot +1
    ALL HAIL TO ITS SQUISHY-MAJESTY SIR KNORR, LORD OF OOZES AND MASTER OF SLIME
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=386688

/signed
    From dev meeting: "It's fun to fail!"
    "Grouping in MMOs is 1d6 players pretending to like each other long enough to start drama over loot."
    "There is a way to implement it but it’s got so many red flags it’s like communism."
    "That tears it. I need to get a donkey."

Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    /signed
    Well played, sir.
    Brenna / Tzanna, The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent on Argo
    "As the party's resident trap expert ..." <dies with smug yet surprised expression on face>

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Does loot designer counts as well?
    I hope not...
    Oh stop it. Feather does great loot work for the state of the game these days. If you don't like said state of the game that is another matter entirely.

Really wish I can get on Lam, client dies during loading screen though. Oh well, looking forward to running this on Live.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Am I the only person that actually likes MA a lot? I view the purple titan as a puzzle with multiple solutions.
    I liked MA. I wish both it and LoB were ran more. MA just struggles with limited loot issues IMO. Hopefully they are part of a future pass.

Community Member

/signed
    Im sure the bosses give themselves pay rises all the time... you really do deserve one!

+1

/signed
    Lulz, now why didn't this come up in the Lama dev tracker?

[tinfoil hat = on] Maybe it did, but the Turbine paymasters changed it just before they went and stuck the flourine in the water and faked another moon landing [/tinfoil]

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by NytCrawlr View Post
    I liked MA. I wish both it and LoB were ran more. MA just struggles with limited loot issues IMO. Hopefully they are part of a future pass.
    This is off topic of the thread, but if Heroic Commendations are going to be needed for multiple items after the Update, why not add them to the loot tables of E-LoB and E-MA? It would be an added incentive to run those raids, I would think.

Community Member

Failing on a 79 reflex save and haveing -50 reflex penalty on breaths sounds pretty retarded, sorry. At least the devs finally clued into the fact that having one big bag of HPs does not work and have several mobs at once.

Community Member

Failing on a 79 reflex save and haveing -50 reflex penalty on breaths sounds pretty retarded, sorry. At least the devs finally clued into the fact that having one big bag of HPs does not work and have several mobs at once.
    Failed on a 79? That's just insane. EE?

Community Member
    At Turbine HQ suggesting what to nerf next.

There is a bit of misinformation being spread here. You do not get -50 reflex by getting hit by the breath. Each time you are hit by one of the dragons breath 2 things happen. You make a save versus the breath, I believe each dragon has a certain save, one is reflex, one is fort, one is will. Now regardless if you save or not you are hit with their invulnerability. This invulnerability makes you susceptible to more dmg of the element of the dragon (ala electric for blue etc.), it also reduces your reflex save by -10. Now these invulnerabilities can stack up to 5 times per dragon. Each stack lasts 1 minute, and it is refreshed if hit by the same breath (ex. you have 2 stacks of black dragon breath at 10 sec left, you then are hit again by the black dragon breath, now you have 3 stacks at 1 min). These stacks will deteriorate each minute, so if you have 4 stacks you need to wait 4 minutes to get rid of the -40 reflex save and the respective vulnerability. Also, keep in mind you can be hit by multiple breaths so if you have 1 stack of blue dragon, 2 stacks of black dragon, and 1 stack of white dragon you have a -40 reflex save and vulnerabilities to cold, electric, and acid dmg. Sorry for the wall of text and hope this clears it up.

Edit: As for the DC of breath, I can attest to failing on a high 70's check versus the white dragon (reflex), I am a little unsure on the black dragon or blue dragon breath DC. And yes if you get hit by breath debuff you are pretty much toast on anything requiring a reflex save for elite epic.
    Teth - Revenants

Babysittin Francine so he dont die 24/7. I used to be good at this game.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by xTethx View Post
    Edit: As for the DC of breath, I can attest to failing on a high 70's check versus the white dragon (reflex), I am a little unsure on the black dragon or blue dragon breath DC. And yes if you get hit by breath debuff you are pretty much toast on anything requiring a reflex save for elite epic.
    Very very few characters can get into the 80s to make that save even without the debuff. Not all that many characters can reliably make saves even in the 50s. It seems like they've just said "**** it, the game is broken" and didn't try to balance anything and just assume you're going to have a full set of energy absorption items.

No knowledge of the raid but usually when they put that kind of thing in a quest/raid - you are supposed to avoid being hit by it entirely.....ie. Velah and VoN6 - the rocks are there for a reason.

I am somewhat sure that all the braniacs out there will figure out a way to minimize the impact of this debuff (tank swapping, kiting, superuberness etc..). If though the raid is structured such that there are no solutions then yes that is bad design. From the rave reviews though I am guess that isn't the case.

Ooh and on the rave reviews - I can only say it makes me want to get more of my characters up to L25 with a full set of twists.....so I am not totally gimped in these quests.
    gotta to kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight - B. Cockburn
    Guild Leader - Order of the Silver Dragons
    Mains Darlao Completionist Toogor Wiz28 TR5 Also Listarn Shadar Kai Rogue 20/7 - WhiskyTango CL28 TR4 - Toongor Bd28 TR2 - Sooey Dwarf ConBarb28 Pusshy -WizMo 18/ 2/8+9 More

Quote Originally Posted by xTethx View Post
    There is a bit of misinformation being spread here. You do not get -50 reflex by getting hit by the breath. Each time you are hit by one of the dragons breath 2 things happen. You make a save versus the breath, I believe each dragon has a certain save, one is reflex, one is fort, one is will. Now regardless if you save or not you are hit with their invulnerability. This invulnerability makes you susceptible to more dmg of the element of the dragon (ala electric for blue etc.), it also reduces your reflex save by -10. Now these invulnerabilities can stack up to 5 times per dragon. Each stack lasts 1 minute, and it is refreshed if hit by the same breath (ex. you have 2 stacks of black dragon breath at 10 sec left, you then are hit again by the black dragon breath, now you have 3 stacks at 1 min). These stacks will deteriorate each minute, so if you have 4 stacks you need to wait 4 minutes to get rid of the -40 reflex save and the respective vulnerability. Also, keep in mind you can be hit by multiple breaths so if you have 1 stack of blue dragon, 2 stacks of black dragon, and 1 stack of white dragon you have a -40 reflex save and vulnerabilities to cold, electric, and acid dmg. Sorry for the wall of text and hope this clears it up.

If this is accurate (and Teth is pretty thorough in testing things), this really confuses me.

Is this intended as a tank swap fight (similar to how players handled LOB in the early days, one tank takes aggro until they can't handle it any more then the other picks it up while the first one waits out debuffs)? If so, the breaths are overtuned.

Surviving the breaths more than once every now and again does not appear feasible for any character at present, which is why we completed using a kiting approach.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Shaatan View Post
    The only thing this raid miss is a skip button for the cut scene at the beggining. The rest looks quite nice.
    Add a skip button to the end of CitW too.
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast