Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Epic Crafting Ingrediants

Just wondering if scrolls, seals and shards drop from quests done on Epic Casual difficulty. If they can, I assume that the drop rate is quite low.

I've run Lords of Dust on EC and noted that it is level 19 on that difficulty. If I used a Gem of Fortune to raise the loot level to 20 or 21, would that make a difference?
    In an election, always vote for the candidate who likes big butts....because, you know, they cannot lie.

KCCO

Scrolls drop on any difficulty it seems. Not sure what you will see for shards and seals though.....
    Leader of The Kargatane; Orien.
    All Hail Azalin Rex, Lord of Darkon

Only ever had stuff drop on Epic Normal and Hard so far.

Stoner81.

Community Member

scrolls drop from any dif, shards and seals need norm and up.
    We are all lost travelers, on a journey to find that which we do not know, but it is not a prize we seek, but the road that must be taken, it is that inside us that drives us forward into the unknown.

Community Member

Bleh.

I appreciate it. While those aren't the answers I wanted to read, they are the ones I expected to read.

Opinions on whether the +loot level weekend might help?
    In an election, always vote for the candidate who likes big butts....because, you know, they cannot lie.

KCCO

Shards and seals seem to drop in EC at low rates (2/3rd of normal) in general.

However the Lords of Dust chain is bugged. Seals ONLY drop on Epic Normal except from Spinner of Shadows. Shards drop on all difficulties.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Community Member

Well, I've used my Sorceror to farm Tide Turns on EN.

Six runs: one Scroll (Elyd Edge), zero Seals, zero Shards.

I need to take a look at the final stats before exiting, but I'm going to take a guess and say that I've offed about 60 mobs per run (not doing optionals), so I'm looking at a scroll drop rate of, what, .3% (bit less I guess). Not exactly a poster for progress, is it?

(the reason for Tide Turns is that my Bard needs the Elyd Edge shard to upgrade hers to Epic)

KCCO

Community Member

Second Update:

Four more runs and two more Scrolls. Still zero Seals or Shards.

Also, I think I've underestimated the kill count a bit, as two runs yielded over 90 mobs down (in those I did optionals) and the rest around 70-72. That makes the drop rate three in 700- I think the technical term for it is "craptacular".
    Add in the fact that I'm now getting only about 7k xp per run on Epic Normal (and that will, of course, only get worse) and I'm running out of reasons to keep banging my head against this particular wall.

KCCO

Community Member

Default Templar's Retribution

I have been trying to find the seal and shard for Templar's Retribution. I've run Lords of Dust to the point where XP is almost nothing, has anyone ever made an Epic Templar's Retribution? How much grinding do you have to do to make an Epic item?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eddiethre View Post
    I have been trying to find the seal and shard for Templar's Retribution. I've run Lords of Dust to the point where XP is almost nothing, has anyone ever made an Epic Templar's Retribution? How much grinding do you have to do to make an Epic item?
    I have seen an Epic Templars but even after running the quests hundreds of times i only got a bunch of random seals and shards almost no scrolls and cant even make 1 epic item.
    Its just pure dumb**** luck, seen some run it 10 times and go away with 2 epics <<
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Eddiethre View Post
    Assuming EN, a 1 in 320 chance of pulling the seal/shard you are looking for when opening a chest.

If you are hunting seals, keep ransacking that 1st chest in Servants of the Overlord and bring friends to help pull the things.

WoC Seals %.. EC/EN/EH/EE
    LoD 0/5/0/0
    SoO 0/5/0/0
    SoS 5/6/7/8

WoC Shards %.. EC/EN/EH/EE
    All quests 2/5/8/10
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Community Member

Well I guess there's a reason why they're called "epic", eh?

Three more Tide Turns runs netted me one more scroll and still zero shards or seals. Over 1000 epic mobs slain for 5 scrolls, no shards, no seals.

I've since begun doing Tharask Arena (EN) on my Sorc and on my PM. On every single run, I've gotten a scroll. Every. Single. Run. One Seal, no shards.....and somewhere in the 20k xp range per run. Not only that but Arena seems to be, if anything, slightly easier than Tide. More xp...more crafting ingredients...easier run. Yes, please.

KCCO

Centre of the Universe-ish, winterland version

I think it really is just luck. I've seen at least one scroll drop every time (about 8 quests run in all) I've run one of the House D quests on epic - some on normal and some on hard, but all with at least one scroll. I've gone through Tharaskh Arena epic three times and seen one scroll drop, in total.

I got the shard and seal I needed for one epic item after about 5 quest completions (I got the Seal on my 5th, solo, run). But I've been through the LoD chain about 4 times, mostly in a full party, and seen almost nothing drop for anyone.
    ---------------------------------------
    * Thelanis - Mercure *
    C.L.A.W. (Council of Law and War)
    ---------------------------------------

Community Member

Finally got the ingredients I needed to make my first Epic Item.

Unfortunately, it's for Winter's Wrath and not Elyd Edge. WW >might< just be the single crappiest Epic item in the entire game....not even an Augment Slot! I mean, sheesh.

The hunt goes on.......

KCCO

Community Member

Default Seals and Shards of Web of Chaos

Talked to a GM about the drop rate of seals and shards in Web of Chaos and he said they only have a 1% or 2% chance of dropping and a Gem of Fortune does not help, not very good news.

However the Lords of Dust chain is bugged. Seals ONLY drop on Epic Normal except from Spinner of Shadows. Shards drop on all difficulties.
    Yep. +1 Rep.

Engineer: The glass is the wrong size.

Community Member

Seven more Epic Normal completions, now running another couple of characters (Rogue and Bard) so that, if nothing else, I earn a bit of XP. I've run Tide Turns, Black Loch, Tharask Arena, Jungles of Kyber and Bargain of Blood.

For six of those runs, I did not get a single Scroll, much less Shard or Seal. Finally broke that streak on my last Epic run when my Rogue got a Scroll of Blademark's Docent. Still not a single Seal or Shard out of over 20 runs.

I was wondering of Jewels of Fortune might help....figures that they do not.

How do you stay sane farming for these things? I understand that I would be better off trying to find groups to do these, especially ones that would agree to at least roll on any shards/seals found (more players equals more random loot rolls in the chests), but I'm beginning to wonder if it's truly worth the grind and frustration.

Of course....if I pull what I need, I'll change my mind in a hurry.

KCCO

Community Member

Another three or four completions of various Epics- they all seem to run together at this point- and I can say that I finally, at last, pulled a Seal.....although I can't tell you specifically which one it was, I know it was from the VoN chain. Add in several scrolls pulled since last update and the stats are...well, not necessarily "better", more like "less bad":

A bit less than one scroll per run in ~20-22 Epics.
    One Seal in ~20-22 Epics.
    Zero Shards in ~20-22 Epics.

On a per chest basis, I'd have to say that the Seal drop rate for me so far is a bit above 1%, as I don't think I'm averaging 5 chests per Epic. Judging from what I've read about the drop rate, that is actually a bit better than prevailing wisdom. Kinda sad.

I can't even remember what a Shard looks like......

KCCO

Quote Originally Posted by LordMond63 View Post
    Another three or four completions of various Epics- they all seem to run together at this point- and I can say that I finally, at last, pulled a Seal.....although I can't tell you specifically which one it was, I know it was from the VoN chain. Add in several scrolls pulled since last update and the stats are...well, not necessarily "better", more like "less bad":

A bit less than one scroll per run in ~20-22 Epics.
    One Seal in ~20-22 Epics.
    Zero Shards in ~20-22 Epics.

On a per chest basis, I'd have to say that the Seal drop rate for me so far is a bit above 1%, as I don't think I'm averaging 5 chests per Epic. Judging from what I've read about the drop rate, that is actually a bit better than prevailing wisdom. Kinda sad.

I can't even remember what a Shard looks like......
    It is not unusual to hit 20 runs without shards dropping for you, especially if you are running EN. It's also worth pointing out that only one of the quests you listed earlier can drop shards at all (Tide Turns).

The seals sound like you are a bit on the unlucky side, but several of the quests you mentioned either don't drop seals (Tide Turns), only drop seals in one chest (Bargain of Blood, Black Loch), or have strangely low drop rates (Jungle of Khyber).

It does sound like you are getting pretty lucky with scrolls though.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by LordMond63 View Post
    Just wondering if scrolls, seals and shards drop from quests done on Epic Casual difficulty. If they can, I assume that the drop rate is quite low.

I've run Lords of Dust on EC and noted that it is level 19 on that difficulty. If I used a Gem of Fortune to raise the loot level to 20 or 21, would that make a difference?
    The loot tables are available, and yes, in general seals/shards drop on EC.

The Web chain is a special case, though. The loot tables were never properly filled out and seals do not drop on EH/EE. This probably also extends to EC, as little as anyone cares. Shards and scrolls should drop fine, if at the usual exceptionally low rate for EC.

I would recommend running on EN, it's still super easy.

In general, loot level is irrelevant to named items.
    Last edited by cdr; 01-12-2013 at 08:26 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast