Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: EIN Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Don't all three of these require having all three destinies active? Also, you listed "3 twist" so I'm assuming your twists are all taken by twisting in wisdom.
    No you go in a quest in shradi use tea get +10stats if not shrine recall reset try again, when you get +10 eat abishi cookies go to tavern for 1min to get a 2nd tea with queen use it and hope for +4 more royal bonus to stats (original tea is 5mins so after casting you have about 3mins to get the rest done and use 2nd tea). Now switch to fury use fury made placid and gain 6wis, switch back gmof with many wisdoms drink many pots of wisdom kinds and make some piking bard give you stat song. Take many ss, post on forum and make people scratch there head at how????

Yea just 3 wisdom from shradi or EA twisted in the 3 slots.
    Last edited by K_0tiC; 01-22-2013 at 12:24 AM.
    Officer of Renowned

Thelanis

(Click here too check us out)

Polverizing The Wise, Dotting The Cleanser, Polarities The Undying, Sosage The Killer, Shootin The piercer & many more holders of items.

Quote Originally Posted by oweieie View Post
    You can have 3 destinies active. Currently. Fight club.
    That's really cryptic.

<whisper>If we're weeally weaally quiet I'm pwetty sure nobody will notice!</whisper>

Quote Originally Posted by K_0tiC View Post
    Yes my PM with 57 necro dc 51 dc everything else failed a lot of instant kills and CC in EE madstone. I would energy drain 2x and still about 50% of the trash would save. The lower cr trash like 49ish doesnt matter but the 50+ has some stupid high saves im guessing 50-55+dice.
    I don't want people to stumble across this and accidentally think you are complaining. I am not addressing K_0tiC here. The first thing PaleMasters should have thought about after eGH was announced was "what's the new loot??". But the second thing that should have come to their minds was "high fort mobs in there"

Wizard is about intelligent spell selection/use so anyone hoping to hop in there on EE and just finger everything should just go re-roll and play a sorc if the whole magic school concept is too h4rd. So, if you want to refuse to reset some enhancements or swap out a feat then YES...I expect your Palemaster to just stand at the entrance and cast haste.

And the old EiN can die a wretched death, that was a bullshizzle gift from a monk-loving dev (my theory, not fact). I would have preferred to see the other epic moments buffed to make them competitive but if that's not going to happen than this will do.
    scrollfu! meowfu! +4fu! firstyfu!
    Maarl de Gutter (ret.) ~ Gnaaarl de Mutter (ret.) ~ Nineinch Rails (ret.)
    Intragreenis Druid - Human FvS [x2] Evoker ~ Guttural de Chanter - Elf Wiz [x4] PM
    Potpourri de Foo Foo - WF Wiz [Sx3][FvSx3][Wx3] Shiradi

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by teh_meh View Post
    I don't want people to stumble across this and accidentally think you are complaining. I am not addressing K_0tiC here. The first thing PaleMasters should have thought about after eGH was announced was "what's the new loot??". But the second thing that should have come to their minds was "high fort mobs in there"

Wizard is about intelligent spell selection/use so anyone hoping to hop in there on EE and just finger everything should just go re-roll and play a sorc if the whole magic school concept is too h4rd. So, if you want to refuse to reset some enhancements or swap out a feat then YES...I expect your Palemaster to just stand at the entrance and cast haste.

And the old EiN can die a wretched death, that was a bullshizzle gift from a monk-loving dev (my theory, not fact). I would have preferred to see the other epic moments buffed to make them competitive but if that's not going to happen than this will do.
    See . . . I don't mind this at all. Saves gotta go up as the game would be a complete joke if they didn't. I fully expect some future power-creep to make this feel like old EEs do someday.

But what irks me was High road where the mobs had both high fort AND will saves. I can understand not being able to finger a troll, it's tough but it's also weak-minded. What we saw in High Road was tough and strong-willed which is really artificial.

Is EE GH the same? I'm asking as character copy don't work for me.

Attacking the weak save is one of the fun things with a caster . . . the mobs just actually need to have a weak save to attack.
    Personal d000m level: 83%

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

6destiny
    This is where you are gimping your build 12 destiny points into wisdom is pure gimpage for any melee. If you invested these points somewhere else you would still have a 54 wisdom in earth which is pretty solid.

Edit: I just want to point out that my 18 cleric 1 monk 1 wizard grandmaster of flowers 5 is not hurt by this change much as she is maxed wisdom based for her evocation dcs and similiarly FVS or clerics will not be hurt very much by these changes and no I do not know if this is what the devs intended, but that is what they will get.
    Last edited by maddmatt70; 01-24-2013 at 11:00 AM.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Talking Err...

I am not addressing K_0tiC here.
    Yeah I get that.

I dont want an easy button either. Just trying to get some dev love for magister

Community Member

You don't get it. They're not just high fort, they're ridiculously so. AND high will, because Turbine knows mass hold monster is much better than finger if you're in a party.

So... web. Yeah. Toss out your spell book, you got web. Fighter drow with super high will saves but **** reflex, ***?

Turbine went off the reservation with CRs. A CR 60 is supposed to be a challenge for a level 60 character! Now they're standard for level 25s. This means the entire spell resistance and dispel system the game uses is tossed out the window, as is anything that uses CR like Trap the Soul. They clued into the fact they inflated HPs well beyond PnP and fixed the Power Word spells, but fixing dispells and Trap for their ham handed mangling of the other game mechanics is long overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by Andoris View Post
    While this change doesn't necessarily make GMoF worthless, it does move its epic moment into the "not worth it" category IMO
    That's true with a lot of epic moments and true with this one. Look at Wiz, Draconic, Fighter etc. Most of those epic moments are just not worth the expenditure. They're so situational that you're better off spending points on something else.

And then you have things like the Barbarian one, where for 30 seconds you can hit for 1k+ in damage every 2 seconds or so. That's not bad. I currently use the fighter destiny on my Monk and I will unlock the Barbarian next. No need to worry about the Monk one and maybe just twist the few things that are good.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    This is where you are gimping your build 12 destiny points into wisdom is pure gimpage for any melee. If you invested these points somewhere else you would still have a 54 wisdom in earth which is pretty solid.

Edit: I just want to point out that my 18 cleric 1 monk 1 wizard grandmaster of flowers 5 is not hurt by this change much as she is maxed wisdom based for her evocation dcs and similiarly FVS or clerics will not be hurt very much by these changes and no I do not know if this is what the devs intended, but that is what they will get.
    The only dps options I dont have in gmof is 2 of the fire stance hit+dmg have 1/3 and the top flower skill which has a 24hr cooldown and I find totally useless. So you would rather me have worse dc's and then go and spend those points in some feather fall or spell resistance or maybe some saves?

Also how can you judge what does and does not gimp a monk since I cannot even see one listed in your sig so I would hardly take your word on what is gimped and what is good for a monk, but then what would I know?
    Last edited by K_0tiC; 01-24-2013 at 03:56 PM.
    Officer of Renowned

Thelanis

Polverizing The Wise, Dotting The Cleanser, Polarities The Undying, Sosage The Killer, Shootin The piercer & many more holders of items.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by stoerm View Post
    That's really cryptic.

<whisper>If we're weeally weaally quiet I'm pwetty sure nobody will notice!</whisper>
    He could have also said the word "exploit" but that may trigger a reaction from the CMs.

Its sad that people will cheat to get ahead in a game, but I do understand why they do it.

The problem is the early adopters buy everything and use everything and exploit everything, then the nerf bat gets swung and those of us not partaking end up never getting to the same level as the cheaters.

Of course, its just a game, so ultimately it doesnt really matter all that much. Unless people quit over it.

The only dps options I dont have in gmof is 2 of the fire stance hit+dmg have 1/3 and the top flower skill which has a 24hr cooldown and I find totally useless. So you would rather me have worse dc's and then go and spend those points in some feather fall or spell resistance or maybe some saves?

Also how can you judge what does and does not gimp a monk since I cannot even see one listed in your sig so I would hardly take your word on what is gimped and what is good for a monk, but then what would I know?
    And I am intrigued how u can get wisdom that high and would love to see a breakdown .

What I counted (reasonable things I have and can put on without loosing a lot):
    18 starting wisdom (18 is waaaaay too high for me Id go 17).
    +2 capstone
    +7 lvl ups
    +2 ship buff
    +8 item
    +3 insightfull
    +1 exceptional
    +1 profane from litany (but I cant get it on this toon.... 44 abbots on last life and no quiver or litany :/ )
    +3 monk enhancements
    +1 human enhancement
    +6 destiny (6 is too much of give up. 4 is ok for me, bu Im counting a max so...)
    +3-5 tome (depends on what uve got. I have only +3)
    +2 while raged from twist (still collecting FP and I think Id prefer +3 UMD from fatesinger for no fail heal scrolls)
    +4 water stance,
    +2 alchemical wraps (which I dont have.. ale refined dropped for me besides this one :/)
    +2 yugo pot

But I am curious - how did u get that to 90 or 100? O.O
    What am I missing?
    I know about store pots, alchemical bonus and abishai cookies bonus for set but in my mind itll push up wisdom to 75-80 max. Not 90-100.
    Im curious how u did it .

Quote Originally Posted by Kayla93 View Post
    But I am curious - how did u get that to 90 or 100? O.O
    He explained in post 41. It's a min/max trick, not something he'd rely on for questing.

Shrug, I have played every class in the game except for artificer and druid. There are also quality defensive options in addition to the offensive options in grand master. If someone just runs epic normal or epic hard even it would not matter as much, but on epic elite it does matter to worry about defense. The build I am currently working on is a 12 rogue 6 monk 2 paladin unarmed grandmaster of flower 5. Here is the link http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=405503 .
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Community Member

Scattering of Petals would help you not get your ass handed to you for 12 seconds out of 60. You don't have dodge, or PRR and would get torn apart by EE bosses or multiple mobs at once. I have a rough time despite taking way less damage than your gimped out monk would thanks to max PRR, max dodge and more HP. And I have to deal with them for less time since I also have more DPS.

With monk enhancements so tight I'm assuming you also gave up either void 4 or max heal amp for max wis, which further gimps your monk. I assume you lost the heal amp because giving up an ability to 1-shot 5k mobs would take it beyond gimping. I kind of like seeing green 7s float by with ivy wraps and big silver flame pot heals, but I guess you don't need any of that since you're pretty much getting 1-shotted anyway.

Some things are self evident.

Scattering of Petals would help you not get your ass handed to you for 12 seconds out of 60. You don't have dodge, or PRR and would get torn apart by EE bosses or multiple mobs at once. I have a rough time despite taking way less damage than your gimped out monk would thanks to max PRR, max dodge and more HP. And I have to deal with them for less time since I also have more DPS.

With monk enhancements so tight I'm assuming you also gave up either void 4 or max heal amp for max wis, which further gimps your monk. I assume you lost the heal amp because giving up an ability to 1-shot 5k mobs would take it beyond gimping. I kind of like seeing green 7s float by with ivy wraps and big silver flame pot heals, but I guess you don't need any of that since you're pretty much getting 1-shotted anyway.

Some things are self evident.
    Lol your so entertaining. Just because I dont post the achievement thread full of me soloing content on EE does not mean I don't or can't. Obviously your mistaken & clueless if you believe any of the things you just posted. Void 4 is garbage the cost of it alone is stupid and you spent 6ap on 10% heal amp yet calling me out for wasting ap on wisdom?? lol My QP lands 90% in EE content on eles and casters, but im sure you would not even know what that monk move is since you obvious have never run a real monk before. My healing amp is at the point I get back 550hp from a sf pot how much more do I need? And you use ivy wraps? lol yea they are great dps. Before you come in here commenting on what I know about playing monks please check your ignorance at the door, did you not just see me post dps screen shots of me soloing in EE detour eining and just normal fighting no hirelings or baby sitters. getting one shot??? ok if you say so buddy. Maybe you should post some screen shots or even make your charcters not hidden before you run your mouth like you know what your on about otherwise zip it and go back to the cave you crawled out of dirty troll.
    Officer of Renowned

Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Shrug, I have played every class in the game except for artificer and druid. There are also quality defensive options in addition to the offensive options in grand master. If someone just runs epic normal or epic hard even it would not matter as much, but on epic elite it does matter to worry about defense. The build I am currently working on is a 12 rogue 6 monk 2 paladin unarmed grandmaster of flower 5. Here is the link http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=405503 .
    Big difference playing every class in the game and playing a maxed out toon in endgame you know that just as well as anyone else. I can claim I have played every class in the game too. but I can tell you right now im clueless to a degree on druids and rogues since I have never kept one at cap or maintained one through out end game. But any of you feel free to come run something on lam with me on either of my monks or any of my toons ill be sure you see that im neither gimped under geared one shoted or don't know how to play them.
    Officer of Renowned

Thelanis

To slide my opinion in here,

I agree that EiN is/was OP, however I don't think this is how you should fix it. EiN is an EPIC moment. When I use it, I expect something epic to happen, not "maybe, could be, really really cool", not "I could kill a bunch of guys or I could miss most of them." When I use an epic moment, I expect something epic to happen. These are the top tier abilities of an epic destiny. These are abilities that are supposed to be so powerful that you can't twist them in. Did I mention I expect epic?

However, it is supposed to be an epic moment meaning that it shouldn't be something you can use over and over and over throughout a quest. It isn't an epic "every day thing".
    In other words, the fix shouldn't be to reduce the effectiveness of it, that just turns it into a "meh" moment, it should be to reduce how often you can use it or how easy it is to have access to. Either fix the counter reset on instance change/resting and increase the counter or increase the cooldown or something else entirely, I don't know, but just please don't go turning it into a "meh" moment.

Lol your so entertaining. Just because I dont post the achievement thread full of me soloing content on EE does not mean I don't or can't. Obviously your mistaken & clueless if you believe any of the things you just posted. Void 4 is garbage the cost of it alone is stupid and you spent 6ap on 10% heal amp yet calling me out for wasting ap on wisdom?? lol My QP lands 90% in EE content on eles and casters, but im sure you would not even know what that monk move is since you obvious have never run a real monk before. My healing amp is at the point I get back 550hp from a sf pot how much more do I need? And you use ivy wraps? lol yea they are great dps. Before you come in here commenting on what I know about playing monks please check your ignorance at the door, did you not just see me post dps screen shots of me soloing in EE detour eining and just normal fighting no hirelings or baby sitters. getting one shot??? ok if you say so buddy. Maybe you should post some screen shots or even make your charcters not hidden before you run your mouth like you know what your on about otherwise zip it and go back to the cave you crawled out of dirty troll.
    Ill agree with that :P
    Even tho I cant get wisdom high enough to land QP.
    Heal amp 20% from a monk and 20% from a human is more than enough. And Void IV IS ****. So maxing wis in enh is no sacrifice at all. Its still possible to max 2 stances, get pre and cap, heal amp 40%, second human stat and human versality if u want + max wis, so...

BUT - Ill tell it - i CANT use SF pots. They just make me dead more times than rescue me :P. Thats why I am planning to invest into UMD on monk and try to get no fail heal scrolls

Community Member

You can have 3 destinies active. Currently. Fight club.

I got 5 running at once before I got bored with that combined with infinite damage via druid wolf form (fight club)

You don't get it. They're not just high fort, they're ridiculously so. AND high will, because Turbine knows mass hold monster is much better than finger if you're in a party.

So... web. Yeah. Toss out your spell book, you got web. Fighter drow with super high will saves but **** reflex, ***?

Turbine went off the reservation with CRs. A CR 60 is supposed to be a challenge for a level 60 character! Now they're standard for level 25s. This means the entire spell resistance and dispel system the game uses is tossed out the window, as is anything that uses CR like Trap the Soul. They clued into the fact they inflated HPs well beyond PnP and fixed the Power Word spells, but fixing dispells and Trap for their ham handed mangling of the other game mechanics is long overdue.
    Your argument is futile. Wizards are F2P.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast